| FTBL Al Delgreco and Saban rumor

TerryP said:
imatigerfan said:
Agreeing in Principle, is just a political ploy to not agree, like Bill Clinton's statement of "what is means". The questions was not answered because of the hidden agenda to smack us.

Coach NS has a very large reputation investment right now in the Bama program. He can leave anytime. If he was to leave now, then his reputation would be in jeopardy because of a job not finished. The Ghost of Coaches past would certainly come to visit. (Look at Fran)

Bama is certainly in the top 5 jobs because of many things. Tradition, National Championships, National exposure, Fan base, to name a few and It is one of the winning-est programs in the country. He has a better opportunity to get a NC quicker here than anywhere. Currently it is the highest paid coaching position in College football.

If he goes anywhere, he can't take Bama with him. Look at all the coaches that have not been successful here. They are not successful because this is not a job you take on the way up to a bigger school. This is a destination job for a career.

The first part was a joke. As far as the rest of what you said, while I agree with the tradition, money, national exposure, I would still disagree that it is top 5 due to the extremely high expectations, having to recruit against a big rival, the fan base that is quick to fire, the BOT politics, the booster politics, etc. In ten years Bama could have a top 5 program to coach at, but right now a coaches graveyard isn't somewhere I would want to be.

Having to recruit against a big rival? BOT politics? Coaches graveyard?

Help me by naming any coach that has left BAMA and had any great success.

Back
Top Bottom