| FTBL WTH?

It Takes Eleven said:
Optimus said:
dabaxter said:
joeman546 said:
I would like to remind people that maximum effort and motivation only leads to success, but does not equal it.

You make a great point. The unfortunate thing is the team looked flat, and unmotivated. Saban certainly hasn't gotten the best effort out of the players since LSU. Poor coaching...
You'd think he'd have them up and motivated for Auburn.

Bax you are for Alabama or trolling?

Neither. The Smiths Station Flash is the personal biographer of Paul Johnson.

Cracking me up. Hard to believe some on here have never had the "pleasure" of dabastard, uh....dabaxter. Oops, sorry. :oops:

Optimus said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Optimus said:
dabaxter said:
joeman546 said:
I would like to remind people that maximum effort and motivation only leads to success, but does not equal it.

You make a great point. The unfortunate thing is the team looked flat, and unmotivated. Saban certainly hasn't gotten the best effort out of the players since LSU. Poor coaching...

I didn't know? I mean I'm no sunshine pumper, but I can't see his logic in all this...

If you squint at the sun, then close your eyes real tight until you see spots...

...you still won't be able to see the logic.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
Optimus said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Optimus said:
dabaxter said:
joeman546 said:

I didn't know? I mean I'm no sunshine pumper, but I can't see his logic in all this...

If you squint at the sun, then close your eyes real tight until you see spots...

...you still won't be able to see the logic.

RTR,

Tim

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You folks may want to result to name calling because you don't have the backbone to debate the facts.

Did the team get better or worse this season??
Do you honestly believe that the team got worse as the season went on?
Do you honestly think Saban got as much out of this team as Shula would have?

dabaxter said:
You folks may want to result to name calling because you don't have the backbone to debate the facts.

Stayed the same.

No.

Yes.

Tider 27 said:
dabaxter said:

Stayed the same.

No.

Yes.
Your absolutely right

dabaxter said:

1. With Paul Johnson, we would have gotten better.
2'see answer 1 because it makes no sense after answering question 1 honestly!
3. I think Paul Johnson would have gotten more than either of the above 2 answers.

Tider 27 said:
dabaxter said:

Stayed the same.

No.

Yes.
Don't feed the trolls, go drink!

dabaxter said:
Tider 27 said:
dabaxter said:

Stayed the same.

No.

Yes.
Your absolutely right

But sadly, your still wrong.

I just thought telling you what you wanted to hear would make you go away.

Damn...

It Takes Eleven said:
dabaxter said:

Yeah, your "facts" like "flat" and "unmotivated" are beyond dispute. Your Rain Man fixation on all things negative (and Paul Johnson) will get you nowhere.

RTR,

Tim

"Come to me dabaxter. I will fix everything."

art9.jpg

Who would want Paul Johnson? Man has a good year or two and he's better than the man that put LSU on the map? I honestly think coach worship is for the birds. Saban is fine with me. They are all overpaid and should never lose a game for thier money. My wife coaches hs basketball and softball for $200 a month and puts in as many hours in sports as she has to in teaching itself. Anyway, my rambling and ranting is over. Heres Johnsons WONDERFUL record against some HARDCORE teams this year even though he's like 35-15 overall if his profile is updated.

08/31 at Temple W 30-19
09/07 at #15 Rutgers L 41-24
09/15 Ball St L 34-31
09/22 Duke W 46-43
09/29 Air Force W 31-20
10/10 at Pittsburgh W 48-45
10/20 W Forest L 44-24
10/27 Delaware L 59-52
11/03 at N Dame W 46-44
11/10 at N Texas W 74-62
11/17 N Illinois W 35-24

7-4 not much better than us in a weak conference and barely beat ND lost to Ball St and the only team worth a crap was Rutgers and they lost.

Just be happy with Saban give him time and get off his nuts, and love the team and quit worshipping the coach, coaches come and go.

OxfordBamaFan said:
Who would want Paul Johnson? Man has a good year or two and he's better than the man that put LSU on the map? I honestly think coach worship is for the birds. Saban is fine with me. They are all overpaid and should never lose a game for thier money. My wife coaches hs basketball and softball for $200 a month and puts in as many hours in sports as she has to in teaching itself. Anyway, my rambling and ranting is over. Heres Johnsons WONDERFUL record against some HARDCORE teams this year even though he's like 35-15 overall if his profile is updated.

08/31 at Temple W 30-19
09/07 at #15 Rutgers L 41-24
09/15 Ball St L 34-31
09/22 Duke W 46-43
09/29 Air Force W 31-20
10/10 at Pittsburgh W 48-45
10/20 W Forest L 44-24
10/27 Delaware L 59-52
11/03 at N Dame W 46-44
11/10 at N Texas W 74-62
11/17 N Illinois W 35-24

7-4 not much better than us in a weak conference and barely beat ND lost to Ball St and the only team worth a crap was Rutgers and they lost.

Just be happy with Saban give him time and get off his nuts, and love the team and quit worshipping the coach, coaches come and go.
DABaxter wanted Paul's Johnson last year, badly!

It Takes Eleven said:
dabaxter said:

Yeah, your "facts" like "flat" and "unmotivated" are beyond dispute. Your Rain Man fixation on all things negative (and Paul Johnson) will get you nowhere.

RTR,

Tim

Hey Stabaxter I smell a troll
zpage087.jpg

Judas!! Bax!! :lol:

Lets get back on topic what do you guys think happend tonight why'd we lose again? Please no more PJ talk makes me sick...

Optimus said:
Judas!! Bax!! :lol:

Lets get back on topic what do you guys think happend tonight why'd we lose again? Please no more PJ talk makes me sick...

I think we lost mainly because we were severely out manned. Our recruiting has been so pathetic for so long that we cannot overcome an injury or suspension of a starting player. We are miserably thin at nearly every position. I'm not talking bodies -- I'm talking talent. When a starter goes down he's not being relieved by an SEC-caliber player.

That problem is going to take several years to overcome.

Better than last year

Our season was not great, but was much better than last year. Here are some of the facts.

Wins last year against highly ranked teams = 1
Wins this year against highly ranked teams = 2

6 wins with close games against LSU, Georgia, FSU, and beating Arkansas and Tennessee. This years strength of schedule was tougher than last year.

It is one game less than I expected, but if we win the Bowl game Saban is on target. He will recruit a top 5 class for next year. A great ship takes time to turn around.

Think of the chinese proverb:

The oxen are slow but the ground is patient

Back
Top Bottom