| FTBL WTH?

reger60 said:
Optimus said:
Judas!! Bax!! :lol:

Lets get back on topic what do you guys think happend tonight why'd we lose again? Please no more PJ talk makes me sick...

I think we lost mainly because we were severely out manned. Our recruiting has been so pathetic for so long that we cannot overcome an injury or suspension of a starting player. We are miserably thin at nearly every position. I'm not talking bodies -- I'm talking talent. When a starter goes down he's not being relieved by an SEC-caliber player.

That problem is going to take several years to overcome.

I would have to agree. I believe our main problem is our front line on both sides of the ball. On the offense side we just don't blow anyone off the LOS. We don't have any great running back if we do there is never a hole to hit. I really think we need to go out and get some HOGS to get our running game back in shape.

On defense, we have got to have some meat in the middle. Running the 3-4-4 means we have to have 2 Dt's and 1 Nt that will play gap football and force the off line men to double team the NT to free up our LB's. However, we do have a soild LB core, but our secondary is questionable we gave up some big plays this year.

The QB well I can't really say I'm in love with the kid, but he's as tough as nails! He sticks in the middle and takes hits like no QB we've had before. I'd like to see someone more mobile maybe just to give us a run threat.

Optimus said:
reger60 said:
Optimus said:

Lets get back on topic what do you guys think happend tonight why'd we lose again? Please no more PJ talk makes me sick...

I think we lost mainly because we were severely out manned. Our recruiting has been so pathetic for so long that we cannot overcome an injury or suspension of a starting player. We are miserably thin at nearly every position. I'm not talking bodies -- I'm talking talent. When a starter goes down he's not being relieved by an SEC-caliber player.

I would have to agree. I believe our main problem is our front line on both sides of the ball. On the offense side we just don't blow anyone off the LOS. We don't have any great running back if we do there is never a hole to hit. I really think we need to go out and get some HOGS to get our running game back in shape.

On defense, we have got to have some meat in the middle. Running the 3-4-4 means we have to have 2 Dt's and 1 Nt that will play gap football and force the off line men to double team the NT to free up our LB's. We have do have a soild LB core, but our secondary is question we gave up some big plays this year.

The QB well I can't really say I'm in love with the kid, but he's as tough as nails! He sticks in the middle and takes hits like no QB we've had before. I'd like to see someone more mobile maybe just to give us a run threat.

I'll respectfully disagree. I thought Auburn didn't play very well at all. We just played a lot worse. We didn't seem to have any "chemistry" whatever that is. Whether it's the lack of senior leadership I've heard about or whatever it is - we just didn't have it going on tonight. We have shown glimpses of being a pretty good team this year. We had to bring it to this game and we didn't. Whether it's something coach NS can resolve in the offseason if the big question. I hope he does.

OxfordBamaFan said:
So far only 3 commits for the OL on our number 3 recruiting in the nation on Rivals

2 four stars and a 5 star lineman

Well kinda sucks, but I don't give much to all those recruiting sites/mags. I think the COACH makes all the diffence in the world. Just remember back way back in 92 what was that class ranked out of H.S.? Not very high, but it work out well I thought! :wink:

This team is like two different teams. One minute they look awesome, the next they look like horrid.

I was wondering all week which team would show up tonight and I suppose the "not-so-good" one did. It looked like we had a chance for a while, then it all fell to pieces.

I truly felt like this was the season we could beat Auburn. The two teams were fairly close in my opinion.

Oh well, next year may be different.

AFF said:
Optimus said:
reger60 said:
Optimus said:

On defense, we have got to have some meat in the middle. Running the 3-4-4 means we have to have 2 Dt's and 1 Nt that will play gap football and force the off line men to double team the NT to free up our LB's. We have do have a soild LB core, but our secondary is question we gave up some big plays this year.

I'll respectfully disagree. I thought Auburn didn't play very well at all. We just played a lot worse. We didn't seem to have any "chemistry" whatever that is. Whether it's the lack of senior leadership I've heard about or whatever it is - we just didn't have it going on tonight. We have shown glimpses of being a pretty good team this year. We had to bring it to this game and we didn't. Whether it's something coach NS can resolve in the offseason if the big question. I hope he does.

Watching the game I could tell BARN wanted it more than our players minus a few of them. I too hope CNS can resolve or remove those that don't want to win at the capstone.

bamadezz said:
This team is like two different teams. One minute they look awesome, the next they look like horrid.

I was wondering all week which team would show up tonight and I suppose the "not-so-good" one did. It looked like we had a chance for a while, then it all fell to pieces.

I truly felt like this was the season we could beat Auburn. The two teams were fairly close in my opinion.

Oh well, next year may be different.

Yeah, I hear ya. I felt the same way. I was sure hoping the 'A' game would show up.... :cry:

OxfordBamaFan said:
Cheer up, stare at the signature pic I took at A-Day the only day we COULDN'T lose! Gladly, I only have about 2 barn fans that work for me....oh yeah, I live with one on the way home from the game. ;pu

The large box of Tylenol in your signaure is appropriate for Today.
38309349fy8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom