| FTBL Wouldn't it be something if Troy

Troy has a decent offense, it is ranked 11th in total offense and 8th in scoring offense. their defense isn't terrible either. maybe AU can hire another Troy OC as their next one. :D

i think a win for Troy is do-able, but Ohio St. is going to come out with their asses on fire after last week.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 am Post subject: Ohio State

Ohio State was almost beaten by Ohio. Ohio! They were blown away by USC.

This week OSU gets to play Trojans again. Troy is 2-0 and hung 65 points on Alcorn State on Saturday. Yeah, it was Alcorn State, but they were up 52-0 at half and it could have been worse.

If, by some miracle, Troy beats Ohio State this week - that would put some serious doubt on the calibre of USCW's victory on Saturday. IMHO, its just too early to go calling USCW the best team ever as some in the media are doing. They may well be, but I need to see more solid proof.

Any team who can put up 65 points and 730 yards of offense against any team should not be taken lightly.

ESPN article on 65-0 blowout

Plus Ohio State may be without Weiner Wells again. It does not matter that they are Ohio State. That name no longer scares anyone, much like ours hasn't as of late, either. They are very, very vulnerable, and are no where near the twenty point favorite that Vegas thinks they are. I think Troy will cover, and with a key turnover or two, beat Ohio St. If they have Weiner Wells, Troy loses. Without Wiener, Troy has a good a shot as anyone (ask Ohio U.) to beat the Buckeyes.

I will say this. I've watched Troy play and I've watched OSU play. If OSU goes in there underestimating Troy, taking them lightly, and thinking all they have to do is show up to win, OSU will have a loss against two different sets of Trojans.

It woould be nice to see but I think the trenches will decide it. Now on the other hand, OSU could throw it in the tank considering they got waxed last week and their shot of a 3rd straight title game appearance went down the tubes. Thats what makes sports so interesting, you never know what is going on in the mind of 18-22 year olds.

The USC game could have gotten into their heads. They were waxed by LSU in the NC game, were all hyped for a chance to redeem themselves against USC and here they are getting clobbered again. If they are still moping around, thinking about the butt kicking they just took, Troy might get them. I don't think it will happen, though.

psychojoe said:
The USC game could have gotten into their heads. They were waxed by LSU in the NC game, were all hyped for a chance to redeem themselves against USC and here they are getting clobbered again. If they are still moping around, thinking about the butt kicking they just took, Troy might get them. I don't think it will happen, though.

I think it is safe to say that the USC game has gotten into Boeckman's head...and now, with Tressel saying the QB position/starter is up for grabs? Pryor is supposed to be getting close to twice the amount of snaps in OSU's practice this week.

Back
Top Bottom