| FTBL Will we get behind the New Coach?

Saban will be great for transitioning into the SEC. I really thinks he wants to help him succeed and help DeBoer be the best he can be. Already a winner! So I think Having Saban around is Huge for recruiting as well! I’m excited for the future. Don’t see a bad drop off with this coach, so Roll Tide! It’s DeBoer Time!!
Debeor is not going to have the success of CNS. Heck CNS going forward was not going to have that kind of success. Fans need to understand this and not freak when things are tougher. CNS's last couple of years have been that as well. Excellence is still demanded and expected but what CNS did is not realistic. With that said I would love to eat those words...

Debeor is not going to have the success of CNS. Heck CNS going forward was not going to have that kind of success. Fans need to understand this and not freak when things are tougher. CNS's last couple of years have been that as well. Excellence is still demanded and expected but what CNS did is not realistic. With that said I would love to eat those words...
Oh I understand all you said. I went through the down years too. But I believe DeBoer can be good in his own right. And having Saban around for advice won’t be a bad thing.

@SnakeDoc Saban’s office won’t be right down the hall or even in the same building, like Florida did with Spurrier. Saban will help DeBoer if asked and it will likely be via phone conversation while Saban is going from dealership to dealership.

I'm gonna get pissed off enough here and kick someone's ass if we ever have a RollTideBama tailgate if people don't quit saying "I hope Saban doesn't get in the way". Do any of you making this comment honestly believe Saban is going to correct every move and be there for every decision DeBoer makes? He has simply offered himself if there is help needed. The run we never wanted to end, and now you wanna kick him out of the program. One of the smartest minds in college football ever and you think he'll get in the way of the new coach in town? Don't insult his intelligence or his charity to keep things together for a transition that shocked the world. Without Trump a presidential race doesn't get this much worldwide attention. Grow up and feel lucky you have the guy still willing assist to keep this thing rolling in the right direction and honoring his commitment to the players when giving them assurances. Roll Tide, Coach.

I'm gonna get pissed off enough here and kick someone's ass if we ever have a RollTideBama tailgate if people don't quit saying "I hope Saban doesn't get in the way". Do any of you making this comment honestly believe Saban is going to correct every move and be there for every decision DeBoer makes? He has simply offered himself if there is help needed. The run we never wanted to end, and now you wanna kick him out of the program. One of the smartest minds in college football ever and you think he'll get in the way of the new coach in town? Don't insult his intelligence or his charity to keep things together for a transition that shocked the world. Without Trump a presidential race doesn't get this much worldwide attention. Grow up and feel lucky you have the guy still willing assist to keep this thing rolling in the right direction and honoring his commitment to the players when giving them assurances. Roll Tide, Coach.
Amen! Preach!

I can appreciate any cynicism for the likelyhood that boosters/staff/fans/ExCoaches will try to be meddling in the program. But I think that is one of the reasons CNS is still going to have an office in Tuscaloosa (which I think will be more of metaphore than actual use).

One of the first things CNS did right by coming to 'Bama was convey that HE is the football coach & anyone else caught meddling will face his wrath! I FULLY expect CNS to help enforce that buffer so that Deboer can be a coach. I wonder how much different 'Bama would have been if Perkins had The Bear there to kick boosters in the ass for overstepping their reach.

I can see CNS being a HUGE asset to Deboer in recruiting with introductions... Look, this rarely, if EVER happens. A former successfull coach, with boots on the ground helping the new coach in recruiting==> Thats INSANE & to have the best ever recruit be that guide. Hell, Les Miles didn't have that & he still did great in recruiting. DeBoer would have to be the biggest dumbass of all to not exploit CNS guidance in recruiting at every turn!

No matter what happens, we are turning the corner into an unprecedented sitaution in football. I think we have HC that knows football, loves the game, loves the developement of the players, & is an eager competitor. Who also happens to have the best to mentor him & make inroads for him. What more can I say besides ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Last edited:
A lot of speculation and arm chair coaches. I don’t think Saban will interfere in any way. Seems like DeBoer knows what he’s doing, judging by his record and won’t need any “help”.

I think you and 24/7 are roughly the same. Would bitch if you had water in the damn desert.

Anybody that thinks Saban is going to meddle with the new coach is either deaf, blind, stupid, or all of the above. The dude said hed help in any way the new coach wanted and that he wouldn’t be over the new coach’s head, but yet here we are.

Coach DeBoer accepted the job knowing who he’s replacing and knowing full well Saban will be around, I don’t think he’s concerned.
I agree. And those 2 members joined the board 5 days apart. They like each other’s posts, all kinds of similarities. At first I thought they were TerryP’s alter ego 🤣

At first I thought they were TerryP’s alter ego 🤣
I have a little "easter egg" on the forums where, at a glance, you can see whether the members have an "alter" or switches usernames. You can see it on my posts...considering I work on the RTB.com and the Twitter bot accounts as well.

I can't remember the subject...I do remember @JoshB accusing a member of being me one day. It's been a few years...

Back
Top Bottom