| FTBL Will we get behind the New Coach?

Let's see you could have the person that has 7 NC's on speed dial to ask advice and he has demonstrated time after time he sees the big picture but you would not ask his advice? Be it Byrne or the new coach CKD if you do not make that call you are an idiot.
He can be on speed dial anywhere. It shouldn't be in Tuscaloosa.

A friend of mine who I guess visits some Bama page (??) out there somewhere is pissed about the hire. He and I went back and forth this afternoon about DeBoer. Now he's texted me to tell me he's seen DeBoer is bringing his whole staff with him. Anyone seen that? I think letting T-Rob go is a giant mistake.
Just so he brings Ryan Grubb. Washington AD should have named Grubb HC as soon as DeBoer informed him he was leaving. Grubb has been with DeBoer at every stop.

Last edited:
He's very loyal to his staff, but I haven't seen or heard that confirmed yet. I'd imagine he will interview some of the staff... the word was a couple had a decent to good chance to stay.... T-Rob being one of those... but he will have good options, already does. So may not be too easy to keep him anyway.

Look at his cover pix

He can be on speed dial anywhere. It shouldn't be in Tuscaloosa.
Any program would kill to have CNS around to offer advice and consultation. CNS has huge influence and can be brought in to help big NIL donors. Help with access to high school coaches. Help access to NFL coaches. CNS is not wired to be a meddler. When he stepped away he will turn it over to Deboer but do everything Deboer ask to help him be successful. CNS in Tuscaloose is a huge weapon for Bama. CNS will be on game day and all over the media. He will continue to be an asset to help Bama and Deboer be successsful. If you do not see that then I can't help you.

Any program would kill to have CNS around to offer advice and consultation. CNS has huge influence and can be brought in to help big NIL donors. Help with access to high school coaches. Help access to NFL coaches. CNS is not wired to be a meddler. When he stepped away he will turn it over to Deboer but do everything Deboer ask to help him be successful. CNS in Tuscaloose is a huge weapon for Bama. CNS will be on game day and all over the media. He will continue to be an asset to help Bama and Deboer be successsful. If you do not see that then I can't help you.
Him still being present is a great thing for this program, not sure why people see this as a negative.

This is the kind of stuff everyone supposedly hates about Texas. Saban was great, but this is DeBoer's ship now.

Saban knows that. He ain't going to overstep where he isn't wanted. And a football coach (any coach) would have to be an absolute buffoon to not want easy, unfettered access to the greatest college football coach of all-time.

Also, it's the fans and the arrogance that people hate about Texas. I've never heard anyone say, "Man, fuck those Longhorns... they have a meddler!"

Saban knows that. He ain't going to overstep where he isn't wanted. And a football coach (any coach) would have to be an absolute buffoon to not want easy, unfettered access to the greatest college football coach of all-time.

Also, it's the fans and the arrogance that people hate about Texas. I've never heard anyone say, "Man, fuck those Longhorns... they have a meddler!"
The #1 gripe about the Texas job is their meddling into coaching matters, due to the amount of money and influence boosters have. It's the only reason Sark was a possibility-not because of money, but because of control issues.

And, you can have easy, unfettered access to anyone without giving them an office right under the new guy's nose.

The #1 gripe about the Texas job is their meddling into coaching matters, due to the amount of money and influence boosters have. It's the only reason Sark was a possibility-not because of money, but because of control issues.

And, you can have easy, unfettered access to anyone without giving them an office right under the new guy's nose.

Texas boosters meddle, yes. I assumed by people you meant, people. Like, fans. Not coaches. Yes boosters meddle there, they do they same elsewhere. Giving you the benefit of the doubt you were not talking about fans... What is it about Nick Saban makes you think he'd meddle? How is his office (that he'll rarely ever be in) under DeBoer's nose?

I know you have to find something, anything to pick at and be negative about because it's how you operate. Negativity is your Bama message board oxygen. But again, this is a really, really weird hill to get slaughtered on.

I think you and 24/7 are roughly the same. Would bitch if you had water in the damn desert.

Anybody that thinks Saban is going to meddle with the new coach is either deaf, blind, stupid, or all of the above. The dude said hed help in any way the new coach wanted and that he wouldn’t be over the new coach’s head, but yet here we are.

Coach DeBoer accepted the job knowing who he’s replacing and knowing full well Saban will be around, I don’t think he’s concerned.

Saban will be great for transitioning into the SEC. I really thinks he wants to help him succeed and help DeBoer be the best he can be. Already a winner! So I think Having Saban around is Huge for recruiting as well! I’m excited for the future. Don’t see a bad drop off with this coach, so Roll Tide! It’s DeBoer Time!!

Back
Top Bottom