| FTBL Will we get behind the New Coach?

Even if Saban keeps the appropriate distance from the program, the door is opened for someone else to step through in the future.
Am I the only one who sees the irony?

A man, who demanded the appropriate distance when he was working‒something many criticized him for‒is being included in the same sentence with "if?"

I am in full support of the new coach. He is a proven winner and judging by his press conference a top notch professional. The only other guy I would've chosen is Kirby Smart (wasn't going to happen). The only question I have is how well he will recruit and manage a roster? I think the college landscape is completely different now from when Saban had his historic run. You can't simply just be a good recruiter but have to manage the roster via transfers, NIL as well. College football is a completely different animal now and we will see what universities / coaches can navigate the challenges the most efficiently.

I am in full support of the new coach. He is a proven winner and judging by his press conference a top notch professional. The only other guy I would've chosen is Kirby Smart (wasn't going to happen). The only question I have is how well he will recruit and manage a roster? I think the college landscape is completely different now from when Saban had his historic run. You can't simply just be a good recruiter but have to manage the roster via transfers, NIL as well. College football is a completely different animal now and we will see what universities / coaches can navigate the challenges the most efficiently.
Mullet! Great to have you post, come back more often.

I have seen people post about this guy with excitement. What is the background of him that creates this excitement?
You'll see his body of work in Brandon's link.

I like the idea of having a GM in the role, versus what we've known as the DoPP. It's a larger role: a lot more responsibility.

It's something I hope to learn more about in the coming weeks.

At Texas and Auburn, where folks complain about booster/outside involvement, do you think it went from 0-100 overnight?
It has occurred at Bama so do not think we have never seen that. Still does not say CNS will do it simply because of who he is at his core. Also, having this resource is a huge advantage. You think other universities would pay Millions to have access to his knowledge and influence? Of course they would. This is a life view for you that is simply wrong in this case.

It has occurred at Bama so do not think we have never seen that. Still does not say CNS will do it simply because of who he is at his core. Also, having this resource is a huge advantage. You think other universities would pay Millions to have access to his knowledge and influence? Of course they would. This is a life view for you that is simply wrong in this case.
Didn't say Saban would do it, didn't say he wouldn't. Said his involvement post-retirement could open the door for it in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom