| FTBL Will we get behind the New Coach?

I always felt we went from average fan favorites..to big money boosters....
And his focus was money..."how much is enough".

Ok. I think there were some tough decisions to be made there, but for Alabama to stay at the forefront, they need money. And thereā€™s a lack of funds from some of the corporate monsters and major donors that our rivals have. The money has to come from somewhere. Winning is expense. I guess itā€™s up to the fans/TP members to decide if itā€™s worth it.

Ok. I think there were some tough decisions to be made there, but for Alabama to stay at the forefront, they need money. And thereā€™s a lack of funds from some of the corporate monsters and major donors that our rivals have. The money has to come from somewhere. Winning is expense. I guess itā€™s up to the fans/TP members to decide if itā€™s worth it.

Right...but whatever...you know,.l
Didnt say...he was horrible or evil...

Just said i wasnt a fan or even amused..

Coaches...phew...

I am behind BAMA... win ..lose...draw...

Will i keep my tickets....dont know...
I was embarrassed by Dubose...Fran... the coach with the stripper...
I supported Perk...Shula...
I didnt know what to think of Curry
I was proud of stalling...Nick

I support Bama...and love runs deep...as many or most on here...

I am not amused by our current AD...

But Roll Tide anywy

Is it possible that CNS would "stay on" to handle NIL fundraising?

I think that's a very real possibility, Bama wants a coach who understands how to work NIL for the new generation because Saban has been kinda throttling the NIL thing a bit and rightfully so..see FSU's issues when it's not all running through one person you run into quality control issues.

He will be a great brand ambassador and will probably garner us some corporate sponsors and might even bring some big boosters that weren't previously donating to the table.

Was that the whole point though?????

I have to agree with him here. Alabama is no longer a place where someone of meager means can visit or experience anything. For goodness sake, they charged for Fan Day a couple yeats back. It's always a play for money. It's simple stuff like car tags and programs that come with your season ticket packages that are no longer given. The entire seating issue a few yeats ago to make room for more expensive suites and such. You have zero access to this program anymore unless you cut a massive check, and then it's ass kissing time to make sure you keep giving, not genuine appreciation where they remember your name and anything about your family. The question is, how much is enough? Tuscaloosa is a different place than when even I came on board back in 2011.

College was a place for families and where kids could benefit from seeing the guys they watch every weekend. That's why college football is the best ever and that alumni/family/wholesome environment made it a place we all gravitated towards. Now a player and his handler will say "fuck you" to anyone that doesn't sign them to a $5,000 autograph session. The athletic department soaks it up as well and opened a store to make even more mkney off of. The experience is more professional and not so wholesome as it's hearding cattle rather than providing entertainment.

Kind of blame Bill Battle for a lot of it with collegiate licensing, but I do feel Byrne is a guy that is a little smug, knows the power he had with Saban under him, and is more about the money than the people. He didn't have to earn his stripes like Moore and Battle. He's just now getting it going his way, but he did do very well with Oates. Just a few observations from me, but he is also a byproduct of where college football has taken us. I don't buy the "gotta keep up or get left behind" deal, because there are plenty of ways to get money out of people without affecting the way our kids get to view and see the university.

I have to agree with him here. Alabama is no longer a place where someone of meager means can visit or experience anything. For goodness sake, they charged for Fan Day a couple yeats back. It's always a play for money. It's simple stuff like car tags and programs that come with your season ticket packages that are no longer given. The entire seating issue a few yeats ago to make room for more expensive suites and such. You have zero access to this program anymore unless you cut a massive check, and then it's ass kissing time to make sure you keep giving, not genuine appreciation where they remember your name and anything about your family. The question is, how much is enough? Tuscaloosa is a different place than when even I came on board back in 2011.

College was a place for families and where kids could benefit from seeing the guys they watch every weekend. That's why college football is the best ever and that alumni/family/wholesome environment made it a place we all gravitated towards. Now a player and his handler will say "fuck you" to anyone that doesn't sign them to a $5,000 autograph session. The athletic department soaks it up as well and opened a store to make even more mkney off of. The experience is more professional and not so wholesome as it's hearding cattle rather than providing entertainment.

Kind of blame Bill Battle for a lot of it with collegiate licensing, but I do feel Byrne is a guy that is a little smug, knows the power he had with Saban under him, and is more about the money than the people. He didn't have to earn his stripes like Moore and Battle. He's just now getting it going his way, but he did do very well with Oates. Just a few observations from me, but he is also a byproduct of where college football has taken us. I don't buy the "gotta keep up or get left behind" deal, because there are plenty of ways to get money out of people without affecting the way our kids get to view and see the university.
Me n you brother

Advisor role and will assist with other things such as fundraising, yes. Heā€™s not going to be hovering over the new staff like some think. He will be around the Mail Moore building when invited to do so. But his presence within the AD will still impact recruiting in multiple sports and IMO be a very, very good thing for The University overall.

Advisor role and will assist with other things such as fundraising, yes. Heā€™s not going to be hovering over the new staff like some think. He will be around the Mail Moore building when invited to do so. But his presence within the AD will still impact recruiting in multiple sports and IMO be a very, very good thing for The University overall.

You'll laugh at this. I joined Yea Alabama a couple of months back because I was looking forward to getting an invite to get my son on the field for Fan Day to get him some autographs, mainly Saban's. I wanted him to have the opportunity to shake his hand and say "Thank You" for an autograph in person rather than going 3rd party and buying it. I was also going to sign him up for his football camp this year after a buddy took his kid last year and said how organized it was and the fact each camper gets a picture with Coach and shakes his hand. The price is only like $50 too, so I couldn't believe that for $50 they could get a picture together, amongst the rest of the camp you partake in. All that, and then the retirement news. Guess I was just a day late and a dollar short, but that's one of the reasons it hurt with the news, because the plans I had put in place so my son could finally get within arm's reach of Coach, and then that won't happen now. So close to having a chance for him to meet the best to ever do it, and then BAM. But as I have said, Coach deserves his time as he has given us all so much joy it can't be put into words.

You'll laugh at this. I joined Yea Alabama a couple of months back because I was looking forward to getting an invite to get my son on the field for Fan Day to get him some autographs, mainly Saban's. I wanted him to have the opportunity to shake his hand and say "Thank You" for an autograph in person rather than going 3rd party and buying it. I was also going to sign him up for his football camp this year after a buddy took his kid last year and said how organized it was and the fact each camper gets a picture with Coach and shakes his hand. The price is only like $50 too, so I couldn't believe that for $50 they could get a picture together, amongst the rest of the camp you partake in. All that, and then the retirement news. Guess I was just a day late and a dollar short, but that's one of the reasons it hurt with the news, because the plans I had put in place so my son could finally get within arm's reach of Coach, and then that won't happen now. So close to having a chance for him to meet the best to ever do it, and then BAM. But as I have said, Coach deserves his time as he has given us all so much joy it can't be put into words.

Ha. Well, Iā€™m sure there will be more opportunitiesā€¦ Especially through Yea Alabama. Wouldnā€™t shock me at all if heā€™s still heavily involved with the camps, BUT, he may not want to overshadow the new guy in situations like that either. People donā€™t realize how much he enjoys being around kids though. I donā€™t see a lot of those interactions going away.

Back
Top Bottom