| FTBL When is the Pete Golding experiment going to end?

Honestly, not sold on Golding either, but he's done pretty decent this year in play calling. He had a bad game this game, definitely but all-in-all he's had a good year. I think this game he just got stuck in the "base defense" look way too often. UT uses that quick speed snap attack to force you into your base defense and uses their weird WR alignments to force open gaps in the zone coverages. This probably should've been adjusted at half-time but it wasn't for whatever reason. As far as the final drive, that's just terribly called defense. They had them dead to rights, play 2 deep safeties and play man coverage. Force accurate big throws that the safeties can spy the QBs eyes and make adjustments to break-up passes. we played 4 deep zone and let them have anything inside 15. That 2nd one was a hell of a timing throw by Hooker but should've easily been contested if the DB had been looking at the QB staring down his receivers.
I will admit that the DBs lately have been nothing short of disappointing. Ever since Kirby left we've really struggled to coach up coverage/talent like he could. I think Saban probably does need to relinquish the reigns there. He's just able to fix these kids like he used to be able to.

CNS decides who is on his staff he has had ample opportunity to make a change at DC. If he wants him gone after this year I'm sure it will happen. No one hates losing more than me. With that I'm out on this thread.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, but still. Just because they had one much later than ours doesn't mean it was a tit-for-tat thing. They were 100% not connected and either could be the difference maker in the game. I only consider it a wash when one follows the other closely enough.
Yeah I am being literal on this 7-7 = 0. All I was saying.

Pruitt is a lowly defensive assistant in the NFL.

He was cut from UcheaT with cause for violations that would be a non-issue now in the NIL era.

Let's bring him back, PLEASE for the love of mother Mary
I expect JP will be out of college football for several more years.

Nick, JP, Kirby, and now Pete couldn't stop the hurry up offense of Gus or Hugh. Lane is going to give us problems as well.

Dick Clark lets rate a record (Player)

Defense

1=average 2=good 3=elite

31-3 15=2 94-1 47-1 50-1 91-1 41-1

10-2 32-1

1-2 2-1 9-1 3-1 14-2 13-1

How do we expect to be great on defense when we're more average than even good. We're going to limp to the finish line this year and losing one of the best QB's we've had in years. His receiving group is ordinary to below. Had to steal an OL from F Vandy but all that talent...you know that story. Nick needs to kick some garbage cans over tomorrow in his team meeting. This bunch isn't going to change the rest of this season.

“I honestly believe that if you are willing to out-condition the opponent, have confidence in your ability, be more aggressive than your opponent and have a genuine desire for team victory, you will become the national champions. If you have all the above, you will acquire confidence and poise, and you will have those intangibles that win the close ones.” Coach Bryant

I expect JP will be out of college football for several more years.

Nick, JP, Kirby, and now Pete couldn't stop the hurry up offense of Gus or Hugh. Lane is going to give us problems as well.

Dick Clark lets rate a record (Player)

Defense

1=average 2=good 3=elite

31-3 15=2 94-1 47-1 50-1 91-1 41-1

10-2 32-1

1-2 2-1 9-1 3-1 14-2 13-1

How do we expect to be great on defense when we're more average than even good. We're going to limp to the finish line this year and losing one of the best QB's we've had in years. His receiving group is ordinary to below. Had to steal an OL from F Vandy but all that talent...you know that story. Nick needs to kick some garbage cans over tomorrow in his team meeting. This bunch isn't going to change the rest of this season.

“I honestly believe that if you are willing to out-condition the opponent, have confidence in your ability, be more aggressive than your opponent and have a genuine desire for team victory, you will become the national champions. If you have all the above, you will acquire confidence and poise, and you will have those intangibles that win the close ones.” Coach Bryant
Lane Kiffin is licking his chops at that secondary. He may not run the ball a damn time.

Golding is the real issue on the coaching staff. Half the teams Alabama plays have former Saban assistants. All of them know exactly how to attach the Golding D and they win schematically every time. The others like Heupel carve him up as well.

O'Brien gets all the hate but he did a good job in gameplan and playcalling overall.

Alabama won't be able to win big games that aren't shootouts with the current way the defense is called under Golding

I agree. Pete Golding has to go. We had superior talent out there ( Based on Recruiting Rankings ). I am not a fan of O'Brien, but 49 points should be more than enough to win a football game. Our pass rush was non-existent. Our secondary was unable to stop Tennessee's passing game without pass interference penalties. We will not be a National Champion as long as Pete Golding is our defensive Coordinator.

I’ve been one PG’s most ardent supporters, but something needs to change. Our soft ass defense cost us on that last drive, but some of the issues goes on the boss himself, yes I know he’s the GOAT and “in Saban we trust” and all that, but everybody else sees an issue and he doesn’t then where does the issue lie?

But, it’s not coaching when a player goes full on dumbass when playing a punt, when our WRs can’t get separation, but something has to change on both sides’ coaching staff

I’ve been one PG’s most ardent supporters, but something needs to change. Our soft ass defense cost us on that last drive, but some of the issues goes on the boss himself, yes I know he’s the GOAT and “in Saban we trust” and all that, but everybody else sees an issue and he doesn’t then where does the issue lie?

But, it’s not coaching when a player goes full on dumbass when playing a punt, when our WRs can’t get separation, but something has to change on both sides’ coaching staff
450 yads passing o. So i cant see WR or QB or RB and issue
Was a dumb ass play on punt. But he did do what he thought was right and try to get what he-thought had been touched...

Just wasnt their moment. Missed FG from hero of texas game with FG.
Sure he is feeling awful

So igo back to crappy management of last moments...puton coaches...notplayers

Let's be honest, Gibbs is an amazing player but he dropped an easy pass on that angle route back over the middle that looked like it was going to break for a TD - at worst he's making it to the 10 yard line and it's a chip shot FG to win at the buzzer.

You want the ball in your best players' hands - Young and Gibbs. You got the matchup you wanted, and it was wide open.

The FG miss was unfortunate. The terrible D allowing Tennessee all those yards in less than 15 seconds is unforgivable.

450 yads passing o. So i cant see WR or QB or RB and issue
Was a dumb ass play on punt. But he did do what he thought was right and try to get what he-thought had been touched...

Just wasnt their moment. Missed FG from hero of texas game with FG.
Sure he is feeling awful

So igo back to crappy management of last moments...puton coaches...notplayers
Missed tackling, not covering correctly, dropping passes, not getting separation, that’s on players, coaches can teach fundamentals, but on field during play is on the players.

Last moments of the game is most definitely on the coaches, but there’s some responsibility on the players

Missed tackling, not covering correctly, dropping passes, not getting separation, that’s on players, coaches can teach fundamentals, but on field during play is on the players.

Last moments of the game is most definitely on the coaches, but there’s some responsibility on the players
Lol. I use to say. Criticize coaches cause they are the only ones getting paid....that’s changed

You want the ball in your best players' hands - Young and Gibbs. You got the matchup you wanted, and it was wide open
This x10000.... That comes down to an execuation issue. They probably make that play 9 out of 10 times. Not Saturday but oh well we better move on to the pirate or we will be considering even worse out look. Gotta lock in State or we will be in trouble again.

Back
Top Bottom