| FTBL When is the Pete Golding experiment going to end?

Did Golding rush the passer? We had no pass rush. We don't have the elite players we have had in the past. No J. Allen or D. Payne on the D line, no M. Fitzpatrick in the secondary. I've said this all year. The defensive is Saban's. He is on the headset he knows what's being called. It is what it is.

This is unreal. You have two of the Top 10 players in the country rushing the quarterback every play in Anderson and Turner. You have a top safety prospect in Battle and a top player in Branch playing back there. Don't give us that crap we don't have the talent or the players. Those are all excuses.

This is unreal. You have two of the Top 10 players in the country rushing the quarterback every play in Anderson and Turner. You have a top safety prospect in Battle and a top player in Branch playing back there. Don't give us that crap we don't have the talent or the players. Those are all excuses.

In the end did the players get the job done? No. I'm not going to argue with you all night.

Last edited:
Did Golding rush the passer? We had no pass rush. We don't have the elite players we have had in the past. No J. Allen or D. Payne on the D line, no M. Fitzpatrick in the secondary. I've said this all year. The defensive is Saban's. He is on the headset he knows what's being called. It is what it is.
Responsibility starts at the top. You call a defense to rush 3 guys against 6 and expect them to get to the QB? Yeah...Okay, not his fault the guy couldn't plow through A double team and get to the QB....we gave up 52 points...no reason to hold the DC accountable.

I put more on BOB.
Ok. D sucked for sure. Changing personnel or trying to on fast pass o
Really!!!!

But at the end. Run fricking clock down to no give Tn any time in case of miss fg.

And bama is throwing. Not first time either

Poor game mansger. See uga game last year

Wasting great talent with shit coordinators

And i have said thix much before tonight

But only tn game is lost. Everything else is in front of bama.

So why do you keep putting Hellams on #11? Who you think kept making that call to put him in that position? Who puts the personnel on the field?
Goldin and Saban. I was like put someone else in there they can't do any worse. Saban is not stupid if he had someone that could do better don't you think he would have done it? At one time I was like ok lets put one of our receivers out there and see if that would be any better. Those are desperation type of adjustments. We had no answers for that one receiver. We have seen this with some of our receivers in the past. No one could cover Smitty or Williams.

But at the end. Run fricking clock down to no give Tn any time in case of miss fg.

And bama is throwing. Not first time either

Poor game mansger. See uga game last year
Yeah on our last drive the last three plays when we are at the 30 was frustrating. Maybe run a couple of times to get the ball closer for the FG and keeep the clock running. Now Will still has to hit that FG but 50 yarder is much more of a challenge than a 40 or 45. In all fairness one of those last three plays was a dropped pass by #1. If he catches that he scores.

Goldin and Saban. I was like put someone else in there they can't do any worse. Saban is not stupid if he had someone that could do better don't you think he would have done it? At one time I was like ok lets put one of our receivers out there and see if that would be any better. Those are desperation type of adjustments. We had no answers for that one receiver. We have seen this with some of our receivers in the past. No one could cover Smitty or Williams.

This is where your blinders as a fan kill you. Saban is not perfect. Plenty of things you can look at during his tenure at Alabama that show he's not perfect and has cost the team. He is stubborn at times. Clock management is just a sample. You think he hasn't made mistakes or always makes the right call? I think he keeps Golding because of all the coaches he has lost and wants some kind of continuity. Not to mention no one else is trying to take Golding, so that speaks volumes. Saban shoulders blame with the secondary, no doubt, but Golding is the defensive coordinator, the guy that manages the defense. He is responsible.

They are told where to be, it's called coverage, and the coverage all night was garbage. No point in being told you're wrong all night and presented with facts, I get it.

It's called coverage? When a slot receiver runs past a slow safety? SMH. We got beat they made more plays then we did. Jimmie's and Joe's not X's and O's.

It's called coverage? When a slot receiver runs past a slow safety? SMH. We got beat they made more plays then we did. Jimmie's and Joe's not X's and O's.

We have a team with WAY more talent than them. Bullcrap on Jimmy's and Joe's. Who put them in that coverage and put that "slow" safety out there? We were never in position to be successful. How many QB hurries and sacks did we have?

I'm done with this post you win as a team and you lose as a team. I would never put this loss on the coaching staff the players made way to many mistakes.

This is where your blinders as a fan kill you. Saban is not perfect. Plenty of things you can look at during his tenure at Alabama that show he's not perfect and has cost the team. He is stubborn at times. Clock management is just a sample. You think he hasn't made mistakes or always makes the right call? I think he keeps Golding because of all the coaches he has lost and wants some kind of continuity. Not to mention no one else is trying to take Golding, so that speaks volumes. Saban shoulders blame with the secondary, no doubt, but Golding is the defensive coordinator, the guy that manages the defense. He is responsible.
Pretty sure nothing in my comment said Saban was perfect. Are things slipping on him? Maybe time will tell. I just believe CNS knows more about football than you or the rest of us on this board.

Pretty sure nothing in my comment said Saban was perfect. Are things slipping on him? Maybe time will tell. I just believe CNS knows more about football than you or the rest of us on this board.

No doubt he does, but you, I, and everyone else on here knows you're a blind loyalist. I mean, it's a stupid comment "I believe in Saban". Well who doesn't? "Don't you think he would pick someone else if he thought they could do better?" You think Pete Golding is rhe best out there? You think he is our best option as a DC out of everyone in the country? That doesn't mean Saban perfect or we have to agree on 100% of what he does. He is slipping with his defensive back position coaching, I do believe. We have fallen off so bad. He is still better than anyone else in the country at running a program, but to say we aren't as dominant as we once were isn't lying.

Back
Top Bottom