| FTBL When is the Pete Golding experiment going to end?

Why do I need to give you 5? I'm not doing the hiring. Saban has the deepest network in football, and knows what he wants.

Geoff Collins is now available. That would make some sense.

If I were Saban, I'd make Ryan Walters the highest paid DC in the country and hire him from Illinois.
Geoff Collins- He's likely will get another HC job. He didn't do bad job at Temple. Doubt he'll go back as DC anytime soon.
Ryan Walter- He only been DC 1 year.... Not enough experience.

Actually, Saban reached out to lot of people last year in term as OC/DC and Not everyone is willing to come work for Saban.

for OC, I wouldn't be shocked if Tom Herman is the next OC. QB coach/OC. He would be perfect for Simpson and incoming QBs.
I have wondered this as well. I know he flew Herman in after OSU beat us in the first season of the play off. They were able to throw and run with the Cardel Jones/ Zeke Knight tandem. It suits Saban's MO of balance on offense with a fair amount of potency.

Geoff Collins- He's likely will get another HC job. He didn't do bad job at Temple. Doubt he'll go back as DC anytime soon.

Actually, Saban reached out to lot of people last year in term as OC/DC and Not everyone is willing to come work for Saban.

Who in their right mind is hiring Geoff Collins right now after never eclipsing three wins at Georgia Tech in a very down ACC? He's a great hype man marketing the 404, ATL and Waffle House, but when it came to coaching he lacked in every facet. His recruiting wasn't good either.

Walters has been a DC for 3 years, 2 more as co-DC. Watch his defense. It is tremendous, especially given Illinois' talent. He's more than ready. He's the best young DC in college football by a large margin.

Whether he's interested or not, who knows. But I'd give him a blank check.

Yeah, after reading up on Walter, He's not going to come as DC. The way they're playing and etc, I wouldn't be shocked if he get HC job next year.

Illinois’ 36-year-old defensive coordinator is the favorite to become the next head coach at Colorado thanks to his work turning the No. 20 Illini into one of the nation’s top units. After holding Minnesota to just 38 passing yards in Saturday’s 26-14 win, Illinois ranks first nationally in yards allowed per game and per play. This defense is the reason why Illinois is in the Top 25 and atop the Big Ten West so soon under coach Bret Bielema.

After the article posted by Aaron Sttukes.. . It made sense now.

It’s been intimated to me several times throughout the years that there are times when position coaches and coordinators don’t have autonomy to make personnel decisions. I can’t say with certainty that that’s the case here, but it’s been hinted that it might be. Regardless, it boggles the mind that the coaching staff would leave Hellams to flounder and be embarrassed on a national stage.
The other fact is that offensive coordinators are so good now at motioning and altering formations to get the matchups they want. We’ve seen Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian do it both for and against Alabama. If there’s a weakness, gifted offensive minds will find it and exploit it. Golding’s taking the heat for Saturday. That’s the nature of the job. But one source close to the program told me that he was sorry for Golding, suggesting that there were things beyond the coordinator’s control.
Take that with a grain of salt. Either way, I think by Saban’s words this week, there’s more competition in practice this week than there has been all season.

Here is something to think about: When Kirby was our DC he was the hottest coaching name in the country. Everyone wanted him, but he was holding out for Ga so he declined every opportunity. Then when Pruitt was the DC he was the hottest coaching name in the country and he eventually went to UCheat. Golding has been the DC for 3 years, and at no time has his name ever been mentioned in connection with a Head Coach or DC position. Literally no one wants him. That should tell you something right there.
Bingo was his name-o

Yeah, after reading up on Walter, He's not going to come as DC. The way they're playing and etc, I wouldn't be shocked if he get HC job next year.

You could be right. I am not sure he takes a HC job this offseason - Colorado would make sense has he's an alum, but not sure he wants to inherit that mess. It's a good way to tank your HC career.

For $2.75 million, a DC job at a premier program may make a lot of sense.

If you want great DB play and an aggressive scheme, Walters is the guy right now

You could be right. I am not sure he takes a HC job this offseason - Colorado would make sense has he's an alum, but not sure he wants to inherit that mess. It's a good way to tank your HC career.

For $2.75 million, a DC job at a premier program may make a lot of sense.

If you want great DB play and an aggressive scheme, Walters is the guy right now
But you gotta understand his goal is to be HC and he understands to get there he might have to go to Colorado and make his first gig.

Back
Top Bottom