| FTBL When is the Pete Golding experiment going to end?

Why do you feel the need to make things personal? Instead of engaging you in an argument that will lead to nowhere I will just leave it alone.

Are you kidding me??? Every single time you make a comment about me you continue to get personal about me growing up a Georgia fan and the fact you don't like agreeing with me. Do I get upset and cry? Is it possible you are being a little sensitive here? You have clearly admitted you put 100% trust in Saban and stand by everything he does. You have said those very words. It was not a snap judgement of me saying this.

Are you kidding me??? Every single time you make a comment about me you continue to get personal about me growing up a Georgia fan and the fact you don't like agreeing with me. Do I get upset and cry? Is it possible you are being a little sensitive here? You have clearly admitted you put 100% trust in Saban and stand by everything he does. You have said those very words. It was not a snap judgement of me saying this.
Not arguing with you it leads to nowhere... Rant all you want.

Who would that be?
We are all blaming the coordinators. But reality is penalties and bad decisions lost this even more. There is no reason we should score 49 and lose, but, aside from absolutely atrocious officiating, what really lost it was penalties and bad decisions. That punt for example, if he doesn't try to pick it up and run instead of leaving it alone or just falling on it, we are up by 7 at the half. Holding over and over, etc.

We are all blaming the coordinators. But reality is penalties and bad decisions lost this even more. There is no reason we should score 49 and lose, but, aside from absolutely atrocious officiating, what really lost it was penalties and bad decisions. That punt for example, if he doesn't try to pick it up and run instead of leaving it alone or just falling on it, we are up by 7 at the half. Holding over and over, etc.
Agree with this. Would be interesting to see how many of the penalties especially the holding penalties we over came. I know the one where 65 was holding and #2 scored we still ended up scoring. It certainly made things harder but in some cases we overcame them.

The punt fumble ended up being a wash wen the Viles fumbled and Turner scooped and scored. That was an unforced mistake by the Viles.

I disagree. If they had fumbled on the ensuing possession sure, but it was much later when they turned it over. Just because they did similar on a much later possession doesn't excuse ours.
It doesn't excuse ours wasn't implying that. Just saying unforced turnovers occured on both sides that ended in 7 points for both teams.

The simple fact is this team over the last 2 seasons has been playing undisciplined football being the most penalized team in the conference going on 2 years strait.

I dunno what's happening. CNS is saying it is a problem with also the lack of discipline showing up with real bone head plays. This is something CNS changed when he came to Bama but it's back. It's the coaches job to get that cleaned up with the players.

How anyone can disregard this issue as just the players not executing... And not assign this as a responsibility for the coaches to get them back to executing right... is beyond me.

Something is wrong with the overall discipline of this program.

The simple fact is this team over the last 2 seasons has been playing undisciplined football being the most penalized team in the conference going on 2 years strait.

I dunno what's happening. CNS is saying it is a problem with also the lack of discipline showing up with real bone head plays. This is something CNS changed when he came to Bama but it's back. It's the coaches job to get that cleaned up with the players.

How anyone can disregard this issue as just the players not executing... And not assign this as a responsibility for the coaches to get them back to executing right... is beyond me.

Something is wrong with the overall discipline of this program.
Starts at the top...

What you had to have seen tonight is #2 #3 #9 #14 #13 are all average and some or even less as far as ball skills. Why in the hell was #9 so far back on that last pass that got them into good FG position. Neither 2 or 9 can break on a ball. The players behind them must be awful.

I sure wish Will Anderson could have played in the game today.
Once again, all that shit is correctable with proper coaching.

They ain't getting it with PG.

But devil's advocate... Let's say that if they're really that bad, and HE recruited them, what does that say about his evaluation skills as a recruiter?

Either Way, HE FUCKING SUCKS.

Did Golding rush the passer? We had no pass rush. We don't have the elite players we have had in the past. No J. Allen or D. Payne on the D line, no M. Fitzpatrick in the secondary. I've said this all year. The defensive is Saban's. He is on the headset he knows what's being called. It is what it is.
Dude, stop with this shit.

Sure, it's Saban's defense.

But we didn't have these problems on this scale when Kirby was here, or Pruitt.

Same defense, 3 different coaches, and piss poor results with one of our last 3 coordinators.

What do you think the problem is?

The problem ain't Saban's defense, that's for sure.

Lots of potential problems to identify, but what I don't see mentioned yet is something I've long suspected: Saban needs to delegate the task of coaching DBs. It's always hard for a long time coach to surrender tasks he has always done himself. So I get that it's difficult for him to personally relinquish his baby to someone else. But for several years now our DBs are increasingly embarrassed. And not just once a game but multiple times per game. When opposing offenses continually attack our DBs without fear because their technique is predictably inferior, that's a coaching issue. It's becoming rarer and rarer to see our DBs, CBs especially, break up passes with good positioning and vision. The results are usually either they get beat badly, pass interference, or an incomplete pass due to a poor throw. The DBs in Saban's earlier seasons actually contested balls on a regular basis! They hardly do anymore.

What is a coaches ( position and coordinators) role on a football team? They are TEACHERS for gosh sake. If they can't teach a DB to cover without interfering with a receiver 2,3, 4 times in a game, something aint right. If OL are penalized several times per game for holding or illegal procedure,something aint right. To scheme to use a safety to cover their , what turned out to be their most dangerous receiver, aint right. To play scared on defense by not being aggressive and rushing the QB don't seem right to me. Giving the QB as long as it took him to find an open receiver don't seem right to me. You all saw what I saw, open receivers were not hard to find. I love Coach Saban, he is the best we have ever seen. But,ultimately, he is the one most responsible for how his coaches TEACH and for the schemes, both offense and defense run. He relies on all of his assistants to TEACH every player to play SMART and disciplined at EVERY position. To know how to do, when to do, what to do and why it is important to do it that way. Coach Saban relies on his OC and DC to formulate a game plan on both sides of the ball that will give his team their best chance to win. An assistant can be the best recruiter ever, but if he is not capable of TEACHING his recruits how to play smart and with discipline, what good is he? High school players usually come to college raw and have to be whipped into playing condition and TAUGHT what each position is responsible for. In my view, that aint been happening at many positions, lately.

It doesn't excuse ours wasn't implying that. Just saying unforced turnovers occured on both sides that ended in 7 points for both teams.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, but still. Just because they had one much later than ours doesn't mean it was a tit-for-tat thing. They were 100% not connected and either could be the difference maker in the game. I only consider it a wash when one follows the other closely enough.

Back
Top Bottom