| FTBL What you think about this to the BDS field?

Crimson and white turf.. Houndtooth touchdowns.. old school bama logo at the center..and a large angry elephant head with red eyes and breathe smoke, suspended high above the stadium student section..😉

Last edited:
It’s pretty, but impractical. It will take the grounds crew too long to update it each week and it will cost a fortune in paint.
Fortune in paint is correct!!! This reminds me of the a Sylacauga/BB Comer story that I was apart of some years ago. They share “Legion Stadium” in town and there was an understanding that “nothing was to be painted at midfield should the home team not be in the playoffs the following week”. Comer wasn’t in and we were, but they were the home team for the Week 10 matchup. They painted a big ass Tiger paw that stretched from one 40 yard line to the other and hash mark to hash mark. It cost us $2500 in paint to cover up that mess! That was a one time thing and not what would be a 6-7 week job!!! 💰💰💰💰💰

Too busy, imo. It looks like we're getting close to being Boise State with their Smurf turf. I'd rather it not change. I still remember when it just said ALABAMA in the end zones. The letters were white and the turf was still green...unpainted. When they painted the background crimson, it looked pretty good. And I'm OK with stopping there. Simple is better.

Don't change the field
Don't change the uniforms
Don't change the helmets

Them's the rules.

Back
Top Bottom