| FTBL Can Bama have two Bulls in the pen at the same time?

An office with the Athletic Department (with football being the largest component) in BDS is about as football program as you can get "unofficially," regardless of what else he's involved in. And, I know Tide Pride is in the south zone.

I don't care how he operates. I've said this a bad idea because of the potential it opens up for the future.
@SnakeDoc have you listened to his corporate speeches when he is not discussing football.

This simply proves what I said earlier and still begs the question.

1. How is it you've been around this guy and this program for 15 years—to the point you complain about your job working with the program—and know so little about Saban?
  2. You are a troll.
  3. You know nothing about Saban because you've chosen not to learn anything about the man.

All three scenarios? Ridiculous and worth of ridicule.

However, if we are to believe what you've shared with us about where you are on the weekends in the fall? That eliminates #1. With that, it automatically eliminates #3.

This is a good plan. Saban is not Pat Dye. He will not meddle, he will advise when asked. @SnakeDoc have you listened to his corporate speeches when he is not discussing football. Did you hear Josh Pate talk about listening to CNS at an event and how his speech and motivation is what got him here today? Pretty fantastic. Saban is still in demand and with more time will be able to do more speaking, why not have him on the UA pay role doing that with the big money donors we have?
Loved when they did the Crimson Caravan earlier on with him too, got to take my Dad to one of those and it was a hell of a moment for both of us.

How fortunate are we as a fanbase that we got to witness the GOAT. And then after he retires he cares enough about what he has built this program to be that he is willing to stick around and help ease the transition. And it will be a tough transition.

What a dude.

He and Miss Terry genuinely love UA and the community. And he's done more for The University and community than most would realize, in part because much of it is done quietly and out of the spotlight. I was thinking the other day, the night he retired... his reach went so far beyond Alabama football. The enrollment, the campus itself, parts of the city, etc. don't look like they do without him coming to town. Other UA sports programs don't have some of the success they've had without him. He's created jobs for people who have nothing to do with him, even some in the media who get paid to shoot arrows at him. There's an untold number of people that he and Miss Terry have helped though his foundation and via other means. Could go on and on, but what a legacy...

He and Miss Terry genuinely love UA and the community. And he's done more for The University and community than most would realize, in part because much of it is done quietly and out of the spotlight. I was thinking the other day, the night he retired... his reach went so far beyond Alabama football. The enrollment, the campus itself, parts of the city, etc. don't look like they do without him coming to town. Other UA sports programs don't have some of the success they've had without him. He's created jobs for people who have nothing to do with him, even some in the media who get paid to shoot arrows at him. There's an untold number of people that he and Miss Terry have helped though his foundation and via other means. Could go on and on, but what a legacy...
Nick forced Texas, Oregon, and FSU to spend 100 million dollars over these next 10 years.

This simply proves what I said earlier and still begs the question.

1. How is it you've been around this guy and this program for 15 years—to the point you complain about your job working with the program—and know so little about Saban?
  2. You are a troll.
  3. You know nothing about Saban because you've chosen not to learn anything about the man.

All three scenarios? Ridiculous and worth of ridicule.

However, if we are to believe what you've shared with us about where you are on the weekends in the fall? That eliminates #1. With that, it automatically eliminates #3.
1. I don't need to know anything about Saban to be a fan.
2. No, just not a sunshine pumper.
3. True.

It may work short term….
If any of you know many coaches, you know you can’t have 2 “bulls in the pen” for long. I agree you can’t let a resource like that just walk out the door. Hopefully they’ll find a good balance…

I'm not saying asking Saban for advice is bad idea. I'm saying letting him maintain an official presence within the football program is bad idea. DeBoer has a phone and they both have transportation.
I don't understand your thought process on this one right now. If I'm new hire and the person I'm replacing is hanging around for a while to help me transitioning to the new position and making it easier, You bet I will take advantage every single of that opportunity. This applies to any jobs, life in general. The fact you're sitting behind a computer or phone saying those things make me nervous for you as a man.. I pray you don't say stupid shit to young kids....

I don't understand your thought process on this one right now. If I'm new hire and the person I'm replacing is hanging around for a while to help me transitioning to the new position and making it easier, You bet I will take advantage every single of that opportunity. This applies to any jobs, life in general. The fact you're sitting behind a computer or phone saying those things make me nervous for you as a man.. I pray you don't say stupid shit to young kids....
DeBoer already knows the job, it's just a different place. I prefer a clean break from the old regime for the new coach.

It may work short term….
If any of you know many coaches, you know you can’t have 2 “bulls in the pen” for long. I agree you can’t let a resource like that just walk out the door. Hopefully they’ll find a good balance…
He'll spend as much time on campus in a week as he did in one day as head coach.

Hopefully, Saban will not suffer a decline in health (mentally or physically) from retiring.., Sometimes retirement causes any early death.. seen that way too much in life..

Back
Top Bottom