| FTBL The "old school logo" at midfield instead of the script A?

TerryP

Staff
My question revolves around what you would think about the block A, with the elephant, at mid field in BDS.

I find it interesting seeing Oats sporting the old school A when he got here.
Ashley shows up. Sporting the old school A.
DeBoer shows up. Sporting the old school A.

Follow along with my drug addled brain. We are seeing a "rebranding," of sorts.

Conspiracy 101 is now in session.

I'm all for the block A with the elephant, everywhere. Been sporting that since Day 1 of my fandom as I searched high and low and found a hat at The Locker Room back in 2011.

As a kid I loved mascots and all teams as I would draw them and hang them up in my room. Had an Alabama Nike jacket as a kid, one of the first Nike Team Sports releases that had the big logo on the back, so even loved it as a kid. Add that to the Bear Bryant Coke bottles, and as a Coke bottle collector as a kid I loved it there as well.

Not actual picture, but what I had.1707316542692.png

I'm all for the block A with the elephant, everywhere. Been sporting that since Day 1 of my fandom as I searched high and low and found a hat at The Locker Room back in 2011.

As a kid I loved mascots and all teams as I would draw them and hang them up in my room. Had an Alabama Nike jacket as a kid, one of the first Nike Team Sports releases that had the big logo on the back, so even loved it as a kid. Add that to the Bear Bryant Coke bottles, and as a Coke bottle collector as a kid I loved it there as well.

Not actual picture, but what I had.View attachment 27204
A friend of mine says calls are being mirrored at Auburn to bring back the old school A-Eagle logo..

A friend of mine says calls are being mirrored at Auburn to bring back the old school A-Eagle logo..

Yeah, there was a push a few years ago. Vineyard Vines was actually one of the first to "bring it back" back in 2010 in the form of a brand itself that I personally remember. The four legged Uga logo was impossible to find for years, but I always sought it out because I was surrounded by it as a kid back in the 80's when that was "the" logo. Then The Locker Room, Shirt Shop, Nike, 47 Sports, Peter Millar, and others are starting to use it for nostalgia and getting folks my age to go back to their Youth and spend $100 on a shirt. The logos with the sailor hats are big as well. Michigan, LSU, Auburn, Oregon etc.

Give the Script A back to the Braves..
Doesn't belong to the Braves. Copyrighted by The University of Alabama as an alternate logo in 1962. Four years prior to Braves move to Atlanta.

Used off and on by Bama Baseball on their caps since the 20's. 1920's! One of which worn by Coach Bryant on the cover of his first Bama Media Guide in 1958.

1707319426186.png

Back
Top Bottom