| FTBL Can Bama have two Bulls in the pen at the same time?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Coach Saban will have an office in BDS. I'm guessing Coach DeBoer will take over Coach Saban old office. Coach DeBoer said he will want CNS input, and CNS said he won't be too far away if he is needed. So what you think about CNS being around the football practice field? I really think it will work out.

I think it is an excellent idea. The best leaders in life are those who aren't afraid to ask for opinions of other folk. It says a lot for his character in being humble enough to want Nick's input. And I think Nick will be one who won't overstep any boundaries. It's a win win situation

Coach Saban will have an office in BDS. I'm guessing Coach DeBoer will take over Coach Saban old office. Coach DeBoer said he will want CNS input, and CNS said he won't be too far away if he is needed. So what you think about CNS being around the football practice field? I really think it will work out.

I love the idea. I want him to be a part of this program forever. We need the fundraising and recruiting he can offer. That keeps Alabama relevant and with a fighting shot at matching Georgia, Texas, Ohio State etc.

Already have some posts on this somewhere, but in summary of mine... it's good for everyone. Saban can help with the collective, recruiting for multiple sports, be an advisor for multiple UA HC's, obviously help DeBoer with anything he asks for which isn't just limited to X and O stuff. He's actually probably more valuable in other ways... anything from helping cultivate HS recruiting and NFL relationships to helping provide any and all requested analytical and scouting info from the opponent library. Also, keep in mind, Saban isn't going to be on campus 12-14 hours a day anymore... it'll likely be closer to 12-14 hours a week after this transition period. He won't be DeBoer's shadow.

Bad idea.

Bad idea.
Did you ever ask advice from an elder who knew something better than you? Did you ever have a more experienced person offer you a little help, or advice, and you said, "that's a bad idea?" ESPECIALLY when that person has proven themselves to be the best in the game.

You need to get off of this horse you are on. The ridicule that follows your posts? You are bringing it on: and it is deserved.

I'll say this again. There is a huge, fundamental change in with program: but not at its core.

Did you ever ask advice from an elder who knew something better than you? Did you ever have a more experienced person offer you a little help, or advice, and you said, "that's a bad idea?" ESPECIALLY when that person has proven themselves to be the best in the game.

You need to get off of this horse you are on. The ridicule that follows your posts? You are bringing it on: and it is deserved.

I'll say this again. There is a huge, fundamental change in with program: but not at its core.
I'm not saying asking Saban for advice is bad idea. I'm saying letting him maintain an official presence within the football program is bad idea. DeBoer has a phone and they both have transportation.

I'm not saying asking Saban for advice is bad idea. I'm saying letting him maintain an official presence within the football program is bad idea. DeBoer has a phone and they both have transportation.
And that's what we've been saying all along.

He does not have an official presence with the football program.

He has an official presence with the University of Alabama Athletic Department with "presence" used figuratively. His official presence includes softball, baseball, basketball, soccer, The Million Dollar Band...

You've been watching this man for at least 15 years and still don't know a whole lot about how he operates. It's weird.

Or you are just a troll.

JMO but Nick understand this would be close to a clusterfeck with the ways of the portal. I thing his main task is to do as much as possible to retain the roster. After A-Day I think the lights in that office will not on much.

And that's what we've been saying all along.

He does not have an official presence with the football program.

He has an official presence with the University of Alabama Athletic Department with "presence" used figuratively. His official presence includes softball, baseball, basketball, soccer, The Million Dollar Band...

You've been watching this man for at least 15 years and still don't know a whole lot about how he operates. It's weird.

Or you are just a troll.
An office with the Athletic Department (with football being the largest component) in BDS is about as football program as you can get "unofficially," regardless of what else he's involved in. And, I know Tide Pride is in the south zone.

I don't care how he operates. I've said this a bad idea because of the potential it opens up for the future.

Last edited:
This is a good plan. Saban is not Pat Dye. He will not meddle, he will advise when asked. @SnakeDoc have you listened to his corporate speeches when he is not discussing football. Did you hear Josh Pate talk about listening to CNS at an event and how his speech and motivation is what got him here today? Pretty fantastic. Saban is still in demand and with more time will be able to do more speaking, why not have him on the UA pay role doing that with the big money donors we have?

An office with the Athletic Department (with football being the largest component) in BDS is about as football program as you can get "unofficially," regardless of what else he's involved in. And, I know Tide Pride is in the south zone.

I don't care how he operates. I've said this a bad idea because of the potential it opens up for the future.
Having the greatest head coach ever willing to help in any way he’s asked is a bad idea?

Sometimes man your willingness to die on said horse is amazing no matter how bad of an opinion it is.

Back
Top Bottom