| FTBL What you think about Bama vs Kansas St in the Sugar Bowl?

I'm thinking LSU in the Sugar Bowl. If they lose to UGA in the SECCG, they'll be the runner-up and would get the invite. And I see Bama playing in something like the Liberty.

I've read where somebody said Bama vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl. But I don't see that happening. Plus I think Clemson would annihilate Bama (shades of January, 2019).

Bama's not making it to the CFP this year. And they don't deserve it. A 2-loss team doesn't deserve to make it in, especially one that isn't even playing in its conference championship game.
I agree with everything you said except for I don’t believe Clemson beats us

I'm thinking LSU in the Sugar Bowl. If they lose to UGA in the SECCG, they'll be the runner-up and would get the invite. And I see Bama playing in something like the Liberty.

I've read where somebody said Bama vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl. But I don't see that happening. Plus I think Clemson would annihilate Bama (shades of January, 2019).

Bama's not making it to the CFP this year. And they don't deserve it. A 2-loss team doesn't deserve to make it in, especially one that isn't even playing in its conference championship game.
I believe the criteria for Sugar Bowl invite includes “the highest ranked” if the conference champion cannot participate. That would move Alabama ahead of LSU. At #5 or #6, Alabama is too highly ranked for the Liberty Bowl.

I agree with everything you said except for I don’t believe Clemson beats us
The reason I say that is due to motivation. Bama won't be as motivated as they would be if they were in the CFP. And if Bryce and Will don't play, we'd be without 2 of our best players. Clemson would have something to prove; that they can still beat a top 10 team.

If Brice didn’t play the only chance would he with Ty Simpson after watching Cade Klubnik play for Clemson last night. Clemson’s defense looked good as well. Granted UNC has been on a downhill slide the past few games.

Is that official?

If it is, I don't see why BAMA is playing in the Sugar Bowl and not LSU. LSU went to the SECCG, BAMA didn't. Hell, Tennessee deserves it more than BAMA does. BAMA lost to both of those teams. Tell me the reasoning either of them are not ranked above BAMA...?

Official. Highest ranked team in the playoff poll gets the slot.

Is that official?

If it is, I don't see why BAMA is playing in the Sugar Bowl and not LSU. LSU went to the SECCG, BAMA didn't. Hell, Tennessee deserves it more than BAMA does. BAMA lost to both of those teams. Tell me the reasoning either of them are not ranked above BAMA...?
It the highest in the ranking. Bama @5, UT@6 and LSU @16.

It the highest in the ranking. Bama @5, UT@6 and LSU @16.
Well damn. I always though it was the runner-up in the SECCG in the SECCG winner was playing for the championship/in the CFP. So that's why I thought it should've been LSU.

Still, it blows my mind that LSU is ranked lower when they beat BAMA and they went to the SECCG and BAMA didn't. And same with Tennessee as far as them beating BAMA. They won that game, yet are ranked lower than BAMA.

It gives me a damn headache thinking about it too much, lol.

Is that official?

Why in the world would you expect the Sugar Bowl to take LSU with 4 losses and ranked #17 when they could have Bama #5 and two losses.

Why in the world would expect the Sugar Bowl to take LSU with 4 losses and ranked #17 when they could have Bama #5 and two losses.
Like I said in my previous post (just above yours) I thought it was the SECCG runner-up that went if the winner was playing for a national championship or in the CFP.

Well damn. I always though it was the runner-up in the SECCG in the SECCG winner was playing for the championship/in the CFP. So that's why I thought it should've been LSU.

Still, it blows my mind that LSU is ranked lower when they beat BAMA and they went to the SECCG and BAMA didn't. And same with Tennessee as far as them beating BAMA. They won that game, yet are ranked lower than BAMA.

LSU has four losses that's why they are ranked below Bama. TN's two losses were beat downs GA stomped them and SC embarrassed them. Both our losses were on the last plays of the games on the road. So the way you lose matters.

If it was a two game season it wouldn't make sense for Bama to be ahead of them, but after a season's worth of games more has to factor into it than Team X lost to Team Y, therefor Team Y must be ranked ahead of Team X. Example is, if LSU and Tenn are ahead of Bama simply based on head-to-head, then South Carolina should be 1 spot in front of Tennessee and A&M should be just ahead of LSU. Head to head should be a factor in any voting, but there are a lot of other factors that have to be weighed as well. Overall, they get the top 10-12 teams pretty spot on every year. I'm still a big fan of how the BCS sorted it all out, and the final playoff poll usually matches up pretty well with the old system.

My take on the game: Bowl games are not necessarily won by who has the better team. A lot of it comes down to motivation, and for a program like Kansas State, they have every reason to be more motivated in this game. If Alabama comes out with anything less than an A- effort, they will not win this game. I still have Alabama winning this game however.

Give me Bama 41-28.

Back
Top Bottom