| FTBL what kind of qb does bama have for next year

BAMAFSTBACK said:
TerryP said:
I think you are the one missing it here FSTBACK.

A lot think Star is a running QB because his HS videos had a lot of plays with him scrambling in them. This "dual threat" myth has been going since this time last year, if not longer.

Oh no, I got it.

Here's the thing I think you are missing.

When I read his post, I took it to mean that he had seen people comment on his ability (Star's) and they based their comments about Star on what they saw in his highlight videos.

I came to that conclusion because I've talked about recruits with TB3 for a long, long time and I understand where he's coming from on a lot of subjects due to conversations with him.

I think you jumped to the conclusion his comment had to do with Star being black. That was the jist of your post to him and he posted what you were insinuating he meant. That post by TB3 in response to your suspicions was playing into the stereotype b/c you brought the stereotype in the conversation.

Because I know him, I can understand where he was coming from in the first place. And there is where you missed the point.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
Seriously? You weren't implying that folks think he can scramble because he's black? Tell your own story man. You're tap dancing.
Did I not just tell you why? One more time:

- I was just mentioning it (my original quote) because all of the highlight videos have him scrambling all over the place. But if you have see him live that isn't the case.

- I was not dancing around what you thought my message said. It is also true that most black QB's are scramblers. It was just not what I was saying in my first post. I didnt answer it because I didnt want this thread to get hijacked but you seemed like you were eager to go there.

Got it?

---------------------------------------------------------

Boy that John Elway could throw the ball a quarter mile, couldn't he?

BAMAFSTBACK said:
You say thats not what you meant then I take you at your word. Done.
Good deal. No trust me, I wouldnt have had a problem telling you that is what I meant. Poor wording on my part.

Here's is what I am offering up as an apology. :p

kate_beckinsale_13-719481.jpg

TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
You say thats not what you meant then I take you at your word. Done.
Good deal. No trust me, I wouldnt have a problem telling you that is what I meant. Poor wording on my part.

Here's is what I am offering up as an apology. :p

kate_beckinsale_13-719481.jpg

Apology accepted here...even though I'm not even part of this. :lol:

how bout everyone get off the race issue. according to the Bible we all came from "one blood". i was just curious about next years qb when i started this post and it turned into an all out brawl. black, white, yellow, brown, or even the little green men from mars are we or aren't we all bama fans on this site.

RollTide1980 said:
I wish we had a Matthew Stafford type. I know I'm gonna get stoned for saying this, but I would take Stafford over Tebow.

Tebow is AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, but if we are talking "true QB"...then I'd go with Stafford hands down.

~Bryan :)

Yeah he is a good kid too.

TerryP said:
TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
maybe a mod will clean it up?
Minus the picture, of course. After all, she is part of our "one blood."

What we need now is a confession from you...you know, that conversation where you admitted that you liked her because she reminded you of Laura Ingalls?

---- :;bou :;bou ----

Im sorry, what? Man that name takes me back every time.

TerryP said:
While Star is more mobile than JP, he's not a dual-threat kind of QB...comparisons to Tebow?

He does do well at reading defenses in the pocket, and when he's forced out of the pocket he's done well finding a receiver. He moves well.

Eugene Smith was on campus recently, a true dual threat kind of QB. But, he realized that his talent was better off served with an offense that features a QB that runs the ball as part of their package. And, there's the primary reason he's headed to WVU.

Kodi Burns is more of a dual threat QB than Star...than Star will ever be.

It's not our system.

Star as a dual-threat might be more like calling Jamarcus Russell a dual-threat IMHO. I've always thought that Star has kinda that same, "can run if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, but would rather chuck it around if possible" type of QB.

Star's an athlete so he has some abilities, but he's not a big runner like say, Pat White.

Just my take on it anyway.

RollTide1980 said:
I've heard horror stories about Greg since he's been at 'Bama. His INT against Arkansas this year looked down right scary.

I'll give the young man his rightful and respectful shot, but he needs to do better than what most have seen.

When JPW was going through his nightmare last season, and never got pulled, I think that showed most people all they needed to know.

Just my thoughts. :)

~Bryan

Saban said many times that it was JPW's LEADERSHIP that separated him from the rest of the qbs, it wasn't his arm. Greg was/is a young qb, that hadn't established that role yet (backups rarely do). Keep in mind, according to Terry Grant, off the record, Darrah has the best arm on the team, but you didn't see him play either. And that INT was one of the only times he looked bad, and it really was just a busted play where the defense read it perfectly. He tried to throw it to Maze I believe, who didn't really cut right. It was just an ugly play all around. Keeping in mind what Saban has said in the past, if Star can display a lot of maturity and leadership, he may could possibly pass up McElroy even if his talents aren't on the same level. Just some thoughts.

As for the Star Jackson being able to run talk. As a recruit Star was first listed as the #2 dual threat qb in the country. I believe it was after the elite 11 camp when they began listing him as pro-style. Basically, the guy can do both, but he mostly just uses his feet to get him out of trouble. The kid showed a lot of maturity and leadership just during recruiting, so the sky could be the limit as he begins developing.

Back
Top Bottom