| FTBL what kind of qb does bama have for next year

TigerBait3 said:
Porter said:
TigerBait3 said:
Star is not a scarmbling QB, nor is he blazing fast. He has long strides and moves extremely well but he is certainly a pocket passer. I suspect I know why people think the way they do but it isnt correct.

The best way to describe him (IMO) is a QB who happens to be athletic, not an athlete who happens to play QB.
Absolutely. He's more of a D.J. Shockley, not a Brent Schaeffer.

Hopefully not a Kodi Burns :lol:

TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
No need to be suspicious then uh?
Im not really suspicious of too many things.

Maybe people that think TV personalities hate their team, but that is another story.

I've got a problem with you saying that. I've NEVER seen a Bama fan make such a statement, or for that matter even hint at such.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
TigerBait3 said:
I suspect I know why people think the way they do.

glad we cleared that up then.
Me too. Not sure why you keep quoting me but I'm really feeling like we're starting to bond. This has been a really special conversation for me.

TerryP said:
TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
No need to be suspicious then uh?
Im not really suspicious of too many things.

Maybe people that think TV personalities hate their team, but that is another story.

I've got a problem with you saying that. I've NEVER seen a Bama fan make such a statement, or for that matter even hint at such.
No, no no...never.
Im sure some kid in Ohio will not be able to sleep tonight even after a long family hike through suburban Arkron. He will ask himself why Mark May didn't give his QB a helmet sticker on College Football Final. The only reasonable answer is May is a Pitt homer and has hated the state of Ohio ever since he left the northern part of the country.

Obviously, Mr. May knows very little about football.

I think you are the one missing it here FSTBACK.

A lot think Star is a running QB because his HS videos had a lot of plays with him scrambling in them. This "dual threat" myth has been going since this time last year, if not longer.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
TigerBait3 said:
Not sure why you keep quoting me

You know exactly why. But if you don't want to back up your comment I certainly understand. No need to continue here. If your still confused you can PM me.

Whats in question? I wasnt even trying to make a point. Most see a black QB and they think he can run. Is that what you want me to say? Because Terry covered most of it.

I wasnt talking about the people that have seen him, just people using water cooler talk. Other see his videos with just him running. Thats how people see things.

Its no different than someone seeing a small white Duke basketball player and assuming he gives 520% effort on every play. Why? Because most big time black QB's can scramble and all those midgets at Duke with Polish names generally run around like their shorts are on fire. Its not race, its familiarity.

Dont make things a bigger deal than they really are. I was trying to avoid this lecture and save people with common sense some time from having to read this, but you pushed on, so there.

TerryP said:
I think you are the one missing it here FSTBACK.

A lot think Star is a running QB because his HS videos had a lot of plays with him scrambling in them. This "dual threat" myth has been going since this time last year, if not longer.

Oh no, I got it.

guys, relax. Obama is the president!!! surely all of our prejudices both perceived and actual will soon evaporate.

white qbs will run faster, scramble more and do flips into the end zone!

black qbs will be drop back passers with polish names!

latino qbs will.... well i've never seen a latino qb but... i would say Jeff Garcia, but he doesn't look latino.

anyway...

just wanted to lighten the mood ;tr

TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
TigerBait3 said:
Most see a black QB and they think he can run. .

Spare us a lecture? Spare us statements like that. It's tired and it's old.
Lol, I tried to! But you had to hear someone say that because its what you wanted to hear. You wanted to post that repsonse.

That is why I said it. Can you move on now?

Your the one that made the statement. and yeah I got miffed. I'm tired of hearing crap like that. Then you want to act like it was no big deal. I called you on it, you admitted that is what you meant. end of story.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
TigerBait3 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:
TigerBait3 said:
Most see a black QB and they think he can run. .

Spare us a lecture? Spare us statements like that. It's tired and it's old.
Lol, I tried to! But you had to hear someone say that because its what you wanted to hear. You wanted to post that repsonse.

That is why I said it. Can you move on now?

Your the one that made the statement. and yeah I got miffed. I'm tired of hearing crap like that. Then you want to act like it was no big deal. I called you on it, you admitted that is what you meant. end of story.

Problem is, even though you may tire of hearing it, it is the truth of the matter.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
you admitted that is what you meant. end of story.
Did i? I posted it as something you wanted to hear. Which obviously you did. Even though I wasnt implying that in my initial post it is true, which I guess is why you thought thats what I was saying. I was going by the highlight videos.

Why does it bother you? Most black QB's are scrambling QB's. What's so offensive to you? It doesnt mean they cant pass. Hell, its a compliment that they have some wheels.

[quote="TigerBait3 Even though I wasnt implying that in my initial post.[/quote]

Seriously? You weren't implying that folks think he can scramble because he's black? Tell your own story man. You're tap dancing.

Back
Top Bottom