| GAME THREAD ( 📺 Week Two TV Listings ) ACC and Big12 begin their seasons today

Okay, I'm tired of hearing "it's too be expected" when these PbP guys are calling the games. No. Fumbling a kick, as one example, isn't to be expected no matter the circumstances. Bad football is just that; bad football.

Ehu6YQJWkAAaa07

@TerryP I'm watching the ULL vs Iowa St. I seeing coaching wearing the mask this way! Also ULL is leading Iowa St. 24-14 ULL has a Kickoff return for a score, a punt return for a score, and a pass TD 65.

Billy Napier is easily the most underrated of the guys from Saban's stable, and in the end, could prove to be the best of the bunch (Kirby included). Every SEC school that passed on him last winter made a mistake. Word is, he wants the South Carolina job if/when it opens up. IMO, that would be a HR hire for them.

Willie Taggart left FSU destroyed. What a disaster that guy was. They will eventually get back to being a "good" ACC team, but Norvell ain't fixing that mess overnight. Geoff Collins is doing a nice job rebuilding Tech's roster, but personally I don't ever see him sustaining long term success anywhere.

The UTSA/Texas State game was the game of the day. I watched most of the 2nd half. I think UTSA was up 24-7 at half. They won 51-48 in double OT, but should have lost. Texas State's kicker went all Alabama and missed two gimmie's to potentially win it.

Willie Taggart left FSU destroyed. What a disaster that guy was. They will eventually get back to being a "good" ACC team,
"There but for the grace of God, go I." Ok, maybe not apropos but can we call it fitting?

A few thoughts here, Brandon.

One, over the last few weeks we've seen a few criticize "spending" at UA using term liks lavish and extravagant. If it weren't for the spending we've seen over the last decade we'd see an Alabama program looking a lot like FSU. Their facilities for football rival that of Bama's in the 90's: severely out of date.

And two, I can't put this on Taggart (though he did nothing to improve the situation.) If you look at the depth chart going into their game with GT you'll see a roster littered with upper classmen. These are guys who were recruited by Fisher; guys Taggart inherited. That's only half of the case on their offensive line (where you'd want older guys) but that leads to the question "where are the linemen Fisher recruited?"

I'm of the opinion Fisher burnt that place to the ground; Taggart merely razed the debris.

It's wild seeing two programs of this size, both in Florida, doing so poorly (including Miami here and UF wasn't too far behind a few years ago.)

BTW, I find it quite interesting that FSU was favored by double digits going into the game yesterday only to lose after holding a double digit lead to a team playing a freshman quarterback.

You may think this is an anomaly, but it's not.

2019. FSU is favored in their season opener against Boise State by double digits. They managed to get a double digit lead in the game only to lose in the end to a team playing a freshman quarterback.

But wait. 2018 they open with Va Tech where they were getting -7. They lost that one as well; 24-3 I believe was the final score.

Are the Seminoles still stuck in 2017 Atlanta and think it's September 1st? They certainly haven't been the same since the 2nd of that month.

Back
Top Bottom