| FTBL NCAA Games Of The Week : Week One.

MATCHUPMATCHUPTIMETVLOCATION
Howard@ Rutgers6:00 PMBIG10SHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Western Carolina@ 24: NC State7:00 PMACC NETWORKCarter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
Lindenwood@ 22: Kansas8:00 PMESPN+Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, KS
North Carolina@ Minnesota8:00 PMFOXHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
North Dakota State@ Colorado8:00 PMESPNFolsom Field, Boulder, CO
Coastal Carolina@ Jacksonville State8:00 PMCBSSNAmFirst Stadium, Jacksonville, AL
Eastern Illinois@ Illinois9:00 PMBIG10Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL), Champaign, IL
Sacramento State@ San José State10:00 PMtruTVCEFCU Stadium, San Jose, CA

Like Quote

Do you guys think Byrne seriosly considered Norvell? If so we dodged a bullet with that one.

No. It was always DeBoer, which is why is happened so fast. It would have happened in less than 24 hours if he hadn't had to play ball with Sexton (for him to get his clients some raises).
In retrospect ...

This hire was a lot like Saban's. I heard in November Moore had his eyes set on Saban (before the "offer" to Rich Rod was extended.) I believe Byrne had his eye on DeBoer around the same period: October of last season.

I say that because of something Rodney Orr posted a little less than a year ago: something he posted more than one time. He was pointing to the contract extension that was left sitting on DeBoer's desk...he even pointed to that right before they played Michigan in the title game.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time...but looking back? Rodney was spot on.

And for BCU to play hard all game. 🤯
There's a sweet irony with Memphis playing in Tallahassee this weekend. The school he left for the FSU job...comes and and wins?!?!
I haven't looked at the game: that's not my call this morning. But good lord...the possibility of seeing FSU start 0-3 with that loss coming from his former school?

Back
Top Bottom