| FTBL Uniform change at the Iron Bowl

I know this has been discussed a lot on boards, but what do you guys think of a one game uniform change? I was a fan of Georgia's blackout jersey's, but I don't think it would go over as well for Alabama. However, I was talking with a friend last night about uniform changes, and I would love to see (a one game change) Alabama come running out the tunnel with different helmets. Personally, I would like to see Houndstooth helmets with red numbers on the side.

I don't think it would have the same effect this year during the iron bowl, but I bet Bryant Denny would be rocking if the Tide wore houndstooth helmets for the 08 Iron Bowl.

Hey I agree. I dunno about the houndstooth helmets, but I think it'd be nice. Having a change every now and then is a definite morale boost.

No disrespect meant to you, but if I ever saw us run out with houndstooth helmets, I think I would most likely vomit. I'm not necessarily opposed to a one-game change, but I do want all-things houndstooth left out of the discussion.

If we ever did anything, I would vote for wearing the white helmets of 1983-1984 for a non-conference game before auctioning them off for Crimson Tradition.

alabamaold1go6.gif

The only acceptable modification of our uniforms in my opinion would be the white helmets with white numerals. And that's only because we wore them back in the day. I'd love to see it to. Not many people know about it. They look like this.

alabama58-61.jpg

bpcolburn said:
The only acceptable modification of our uniforms in my opinion would be the white helmets with white numerals. And that's only because we wore them back in the day. I'd love to see it to. Not many people know about it. They look like this.

alabama58-61.jpg

HERE HERE! I LOVE THEM! (che)

Plain Crimson Helmets with nothing on them but the white stripe, Crimson Helmet with the script A, Crimson Helmet, with the Circled A, White Helmets like shown above, or just leave them alone. All of this is fine with me, but a houndstooth helmet? That would be terrible. We would be the laughing stock of CFB.

Elephantitis said:
No disrespect meant to you, but if I ever saw us run out with houndstooth helmets, I think I would most likely vomit. I'm not necessarily opposed to a one-game change, but I do want all-things houndstooth left out of the discussion.

If we ever did anything, I would vote for wearing the white helmets of 1983-1984 for a non-conference game before auctioning them off for Crimson Tradition.

alabamaold1go6.gif

Agreed, would love to see that. ;tr

Houndstooth helmets. For starters, everyonw woud have a headache from looking at it. And second, we would be target for every joke when the nation sees the highlights of the game........good night.

XxBamaCorexX said:
Hey I agree. I dunno about the houndstooth helmets, but I think it'd be nice. Having a change every now and then is a definite morale boost.

Everytime I think about a uniform change, I think about Notre Dame wearing the all-green and how it never works out for them. That being said, I do think that it can be a boost for certain games. Houndstooth helmets.....NO WAY!! The white helmet with red numbers would be nice. I don't think we need any boost for the Auburn game though, 5 in a row is enough of a boost.

i'm all for a one game change to boost morale a little and all that good stuff, but i think if we did it we should wait until we play in Tuscaloosa next season. i don't think you can take full advantage of it (the fan aspect) at an away game.

also, anybody who thinks the houndstooth helmets idea is a good one will be burned at the stake. that is all.

There is a fundamental flaw I see here. You are talking about wearing white helmets for the UA vs AU game next year when we'll be wearing crimson jerseys.

If I may add, I don't see Saban using some uniform change as a motivational item. If you consider he didn't pull out the orange for UT week you won't consider the possibility of him being behind a white helmet game at home.

I'm going to go bang my head against a wall from responding to a uniform change thread. Be back later...

Back
Top Bottom