| FTBL Uniform change at the Iron Bowl

TerryP said:
There is a fundamental flaw I see here. You are talking about wearing white helmets for the UA vs AU game next year when we'll be wearing crimson jerseys.

If I may add, I don't see Saban using some uniform change as a motivational item. If you consider he didn't pull out the orange for UT week you won't consider the possibility of him being behind a white helmet game at home.

I'm going to go bang my head against a wall from responding to a uniform change thread. Be back later...

But I learned something new about the black helmets from your reply in the old thread link posted above. I wasn't familiar with the black helmet tidbit at all.

Btw, Saban did make one uniform change while he was at LSU, but I don't know the reason behind it. In 1995, LSU's new coach, Gerry DiNardo, was determined to restore LSU's tradition of white home jerseys (something LSU had not done since 82). DiNardo personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee, lobbying LSU's case. DiNardo was successful, and LSU again began wearing white jerseys at home when the 1995 season began. In LSU's first home game with the white jerseys, unranked LSU staged a stunning 12-6 upset victory over #6 Auburn. In 2000, LSU's new coach, Nick Saban, altered the tradition of the white home jerseys: under his tenure LSU only wore white jerseys for the home opener and for home games against SEC opponents. For non-SEC home games other than the home opener, LSU wore purple jerseys at home.

I was under the impression that LSU originally went to white home jerseys to counter the heat and to gain some sort of advantage against opponents by making them wear dark jerseys.

Maybe not for motivational reasons, but since Saban did tinker with uniform tradition at LSU, it wouldn't surprise me if he did try something different while he's at Alabama.

I'd kinda like to see what crimson pants on away games would look like. Kinda as if they were an inverted form of what they are now. Anyone really good with photoshop? lol

Following the TEAM theme, take the names off the jerseys and play for ALABAMA.

No offense intended but Houndstooth helmets is the worst uniform idea ever. The Oregon Ducks would be asking "What Were They Thinking". I'm going to forget you said that.

Back
Top Bottom