| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt we get him, he seems to want to be back in the NFL, and there's a good bit of teams that are going to need him. Could be wrong, but I'd bet he's back in the league next year.
You're probably right. But, until he's got a job somewhere else, he's my top choice. My top right now would be 1. Leonhard, 2. Lake 3., Schumann

You're probably right. But, until he's got a job somewhere else, he's my top choice. My top right now would be 1. Leonhard, 2. Lake 3., Schumann
As it stands now, looks like Pruitt is the top target for Saban. And I'm all for it, he's a fantastic defensive mind. Just want the NCAA to fuck off, especially after they let guys like Freeze back in. My top guy probably isn't going to be the guy unless something happens with Pruitt, and we need another candidate. I'd love to get Schumann, and then bring Pruitt in to coach Safeties, or be involved in some way, while we wait on the NCAA bullshit. Doesn't appear that's going to be happening as of now.

As it stands now, looks like Pruitt is the top target for Saban. And I'm all for it, he's a fantastic defensive mind. Just want the NCAA to fuck off, especially after they let guys like Freeze back in. My top guy probably isn't going to be the guy unless something happens with Pruitt, and we need another candidate. I'd love to get Schumann, and then bring Pruitt in to coach Safeties, or be involved in some way, while we wait on the NCAA bullshit. Doesn't appear that's going to be happening as of now.
Who's your top choice?

We need a great offensive teacher to coach this team’s offense…Sark was a good college football teacher..Someone is needed to mold players into a system..NFL OCs usually work with “been there-done know-it -all types.. Sark, Kiffin and even Spurrier and Saban didn’t work in the Pros… However, Marrone and NFL coaches could not translate to college…I think Saban has figured that out through trial and error..

Maybe Saban should throw the bank at Chris Hatcher since he wants a more pass happy offense..

Saban will probably stun everyone with an out of the norm guy again…No one expected Jim McElwain ..

As much as l like the idea of Schumann coming home......I think Pruitt, if allowed, will be the better scenario here for DC.

Pruitt has climbed the ladder and been the head dog and knows that it ain't all it's cracked up to be. He would be extremely content to ride this position out (and make his millions) until Saban retires. He would bring stability and recruiting ability along with a head full of knowledge on how to run a damn good defense. I think he would be in for the long haul after the 5 year roller coaster he has been on.

Schumann is still on an upward trajectory. He is young and has that desire to go on and be a head coach. I'm all for that, but we have dealt with that from the beginning w/Saban here.

As much as l like the idea of Schumann coming home......I think Pruitt, if allowed, will be the better scenario here for DC.

Pruitt has climbed the ladder and been the head dog and knows that it ain't all it's cracked up to be. He would be extremely content to ride this position out (and make his millions) until Saban retires. He would bring stability and recruiting ability along with a head full of knowledge on how to run a damn good defense. I think he would be in for the long haul after the 5 year roller coaster he has been on.

Schumann is still on an upward trajectory. He is young and has that desire to go on and be a head coach. I'm all for that, but we have dealt with that from the beginning w/Saban here.

I agree. The players respond to Jeremy Pruitt. I always reference back to Mack Wilson. He was a solid ball player for us and still playing in the NFL. He made friends with Pruitt and was posting pictures with his kids and everything. He made a comment about one of the saddest things he dealt with in college was saying bye to that family when they left for Tennessee.

Maybe Saban should throw the bank at Chris Hatcher since he wants a more pass happy offense..
What gives you this idea? We have moved to a more of a “roadgrading” OL with this last class and the one before. Indications are that Saban wants a more physical OL and a downhill run game. Ty Simpson, Milroe and the other QBs are talented, but I think Saban wants to regain that more physical presence on offense. We will still throw it, but I look for more hard play action and quick game mixed in with a physical run game.

What if our problem was less in who our coordinators are but the void left by Scott Cochran's departure? FunnyMaine tweeted on the 6th that every single former player he's chatted with claims Scott was the most important person after Saban to the dynasty. What if this explains the decline in physicality, aggression, and emotion? It's ironic that we now find ourselves getting outworked and outperformed in the 4th Quarter beginning with last season's national championship loss. Meanwhile since Scott joined UGA, they have begun to take over games in the 4th Quarter.

I'm not implying Scott is indispensable because I don't know how many other characters can bring what he brought to the team. But what I am proposing is maybe the mentality he imparted to the team is missing and more important than schemes and coordinators.

What if our problem was less in who our coordinators are but the void left by Scott Cochran's departure? FunnyMaine tweeted on the 6th that every single former player he's chatted with claims Scott was the most important person after Saban to the dynasty. What if this explains the decline in physicality, aggression, and emotion? It's ironic that we now find ourselves getting outworked and outperformed in the 4th Quarter beginning with last season's national championship loss. Meanwhile since Scott joined UGA, they have begun to take over games in the 4th Quarter.

I'm not implying Scott is indispensable because I don't know how many other characters can bring what he brought to the team. But what I am proposing is maybe the mentality he imparted to the team is missing and more important than schemes and coordinators.

Cochran's value later in his tenure was more from how he related and connected with players than it was anything he was doing from an S&C standpoint. There were a couple of threads about it during the year, but I do think his presence and voice are voids that were never replaced. In fairness, would take someone unique to replace it. He knew how to push buttons like nobody else in the football complex.

So is Pruitt still being seen in the "building"?

He doesn't have an office (yet?) if that's what you're getting at.

What gives you this idea? We have moved to a more of a “roadgrading” OL with this last class and the one before. Indications are that Saban wants a more physical OL and a downhill run game. Ty Simpson, Milroe and the other QBs are talented, but I think Saban wants to regain that more physical presence on offense. We will still throw it, but I look for more hard play action and quick game mixed in with a physical run game.
I want that Jim McElwain offense back myself…running from the pistol… but a majority of people wanted Graham Harrell not long ago..That is air raid…So that’s why I said Hatcher…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom