| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILL HEALY would be a great choice for OC...Saban should take a strong look at him...Well known for good offense and recruiting...Won Eddie robinson coach of the year at Austin Peay...Let go from Charlotte recently...
GEOFF COLLINS would make a great DC..Let go from GA TECH but a Saban tree guy...
Both are unemployed..NO BUYOUTS

Geoff Collins would be a solid hire. I'm not sure who the other guy is though
At one time Healy was a rising star...He should've made a better decision than Charlotte but he has head coach experience on two levels... and a Dave Clawson QB at Richmond...IS known for offense...His issue at Charlotte was defense...

At one time Healy was a rising star...He should've made a better decision than Charlotte but he has head coach experience on two levels... and a Dave Clawson QB at Richmond...IS known for offense...His issue at Charlotte was defense...
New on here... good place to speak out

Brian Johnson (Eagles QB coach) is the only coach still coaching who has been publicly linked to the job. Personally I never thought he was a leading candidate, but that's more opinion than anything else, so could be wrong. He's a Mullen guy with SEC experience, well thought off and respected, and if he as the guy, would undoubtedly come with the stamp of approval from a number of former Saban staffers who work with him currently in Philly. (Johnson was also an outside candidate for the auburn HC job after Harsin was canned)

All that aside, there is no magic date other than Saban is highly unlikely to name a new OC until/before O'Brien accepts another job. Word will likely leak out, and the guy may already be working to some degree, but there's no reason to expect definitive word until the O'Brien domino falls. O'Brien may accept a spot with the Patriots, he may not. He has options.
So you saying decision made but not public?

He's the one that said he believes in running ball more than passing the ball. I don't think he's the right fit for what Alabama is trying to do with offense going forward. He reminds me of Doug Nuss.....

So you saying decision made but not public?

My reply was worded poorly. Saban may already have the guy, I don't know. I'm not saying the guy is already in the building, but it is a strong possibility that he will be well before any official announcement is made. On these searches, there's been very little chatter on the agent side of things (which is why people like Thamel haven't had much solid info)... it's been hard to come by. Saban is handling this on his own and within a very tight circle. Coaches who have been in contact with him are not going to say much because they are dealing with Nick Saban, and they know better.

WILL HEALY would be a great choice for OC...Saban should take a strong look at him...Well known for good offense and recruiting...Won Eddie robinson coach of the year at Austin Peay...Let go from Charlotte recently...
GEOFF COLLINS would make a great DC..Let go from GA TECH but a Saban tree guy...
Both are unemployed..NO BUYOUTS
Healy won his first year or two with Brad Lambert’s players. The talent level fell off when Healy starting bringing in classes. Lambert was better at evaluating players and their value at each position. Lambert was also much better at X’s & O’s.

Healy’s main inspiration/ mentor is Dabo. He thinks Dabo is incredible. Healy is all about positivity and trying to motivate…rah rah type stuff…players dancing around on the sidelines when they’re done by 35 in the 4th qtr. There is also no cussing I his practices. Coach Saban would make him blush 🤣.

Charlotte has a tough time getting fans in the stands because the product was so terrible. They had no choice but to can Healy. Biff will be a significant upgrade. Healy would be a disaster as OC…10x worse than a green Major Apple White in 2007 with a 1/3 of the talent on the team now.

Collins might not be a bad pick if Pruitt, Leonard, Lake, Schumann, etc. are not attainable. I was thinking about Collins if the others fell through. I was about thinking about Brad White at Kentucky, Charlie Strong and Jim Leavitt.

I don't know who Ricky Green is, if he really has connections, or he's a Boz kind of guy, so take this fwiw...

(follow the tweet because he keeps going)

JMO Nick hasn't offered the DC spot to nobody other than JP as of today. If they can get the guy cleared, then he is The Man. Nick still has almost 2 weeks until NSD (really doesn't matter to Bama but might to another coach at another school that we might have to offer).

The only noise we've heard is about JP and Bama's compliance dept and I believe that is due to nobody else being offered.

I don't know who Ricky Green is, if he really has connections, or he's a Boz kind of guy, so take this fwiw...

(follow the tweet because he keeps going)

I hope that's not the case, but it does make a lot of sense given how quiet it's been on the DC front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom