| CURRENT EVENTS Trump vs the Democrats. I'm hearing the word "coup" a lot here lately describing the efforts made by the D's to win the election.

Personally, I prefer to be called Sir. As in her saying "Yes sir, your fries will be right up."
I can identify with this story line a bit...

Just last summer while helping the guy who lives behind me cut down some trees his cousin referred to me in a sentence "get the white boy..." I stopped what I was doing and told him. Hell, he'd been there an hour and we'd been talking back and forth for while...certainly, no "boy" and as I told him, "My name is Terry. Say it with me."

I'm tired of being told what the definition tolerance.

@It Takes Eleven did you catch the story about Michael Moore dropping his membership to the SoulCycle/Equnox gym franchise? I guess I'm guilty of body shaming by bringing the story up, eh?

I can identify with this story line a bit...

Just last summer while helping the guy who lives behind me cut down some trees his cousin referred to me in a sentence "get the white boy..." I stopped what I was doing and told him. Hell, he'd been there an hour and we'd been talking back and forth for while...certainly, no "boy" and as I told him, "My name is Terry. Say it with me."

I'm tired of being told what the definition tolerance.

@It Takes Eleven did you catch the story about Michael Moore dropping his membership to the SoulCycle/Equnox gym franchise? I guess I'm guilty of body shaming by bringing the story up, eh?

No, I missed that. I don't think I've read an article that mentions him in a headline in five years or so. He's not worth my time.

@BamaBoyJosh you might need to check your wardrobe? :giggle:

It's funny how someone can co-opt an item/symbol/color and make it their own, for good or bad. Before the swastika was taken by the Nazis as one of its symbols, it was an emblem of good luck. My Dad collected old tools, and he had an old Crescent-style wrench from Buffum Tools from the early 1900's. Their tradmark was a swastika, had it on all of their tools.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom