| FTBL This was a thread about Mel Tucker getting fired, and sort of still is, but it's hijacked with Russell Brand's story as well

When he was in film he was typecast. That character you speak of was his schtick.

While he still dresses the same way his "schtick" has turned. He's been very outspoken on several issues which are at the forefront of politics here locally as well as overseas. His "schtick" today consists of ideas and beliefs you'd agree with. That "schtick" also goes against the same people reporting here. He's literally called them out in their own venues.

There's backstory here. Why wasn't this important two years ago when these same people knew about this? Again, a certain square in China ...

Suggestion. Look up episode #1949 on The Joe Rogan Experience. His interview with Brand is three hours long and worth the time. Compare what you hear from this year to what you're thinking today.

Yeah, I can't answer that about timing and such. Rape is rape to me and should be taken serious no matter who you are and investigated immediately.

Yeah, I can't answer that about timing and such. Rape is rape to me and should be taken serious no matter who you are and investigated immediately.
Then why so quick to believe stories that news departments have allegedly sat on for years? Does it not strike you as ironic that this becomes news when he becomes popular for political and societal views these people disagree with?

1695247571345.png

Then why so quick to believe stories that news departments have allegedly sat on for years? Does it not strike you as ironic that this becomes news when he becomes popular for political and societal views these people disagree with?

View attachment 25546

I'm quick to believe what I feel is probably true. I simply said it should have been broken earlier when it happened, not waiting. Media is corrupt and crooked like a lot of rich people and celebrities.

I'm quick to believe what I feel is probably true. I simply said it should have been broken earlier when it happened, not waiting. Media is corrupt and crooked like a lot of rich people and celebrities.
Get this.

If you look around, once again you'll find yourself standing on the opposite side of the fence of one Rose McGowan, founder of the "Me Too" movement.

She's on record saying, "this is strange." Coincidentally, she points to the same things I've been pointing to: a decade after the fact, accusations being made by "unnamed sources," with no effort to contact authorities. She has every right to be on the soapbox she's on: she reported her assault to the right authorities and didn't go running to a media outlet.

We are in a society where taking a stance against the party in charge will put you in the crosshairs of those who lean "left." If you need literal proof, ask RFK, Jr.
I'm quick to believe what I feel is probably true.
How are we supposed to interpret this? Beliefs lead to decisions, right? If you're quick to believe what you feel, are you not making decisions and judgements based on feelings versus facts? This reads like a "heart vs mind" ideology which seldom leads to good decisions.

Get this.

If you look around, once again you'll find yourself standing on the opposite side of the fence of one Rose McGowan, founder of the "Me Too" movement.

She's on record saying, "this is strange." Coincidentally, she points to the same things I've been pointing to: a decade after the fact, accusations being made by "unnamed sources," with no effort to contact authorities. She has every right to be on the soapbox she's on: she reported her assault to the right authorities and didn't go running to a media outlet.

We are in a society where taking a stance against the party in charge will put you in the crosshairs of those who lean "left." If you need literal proof, ask RFK, Jr.

How are we supposed to interpret this? Beliefs lead to decisions, right? If you're quick to believe what you feel, are you not making decisions and judgements based on feelings versus facts? This reads like a "heart vs mind" ideology which seldom leads to good decisions.

To be honest, depends on how good you are at reading people. No different than giving an interview and having to decide if you want to hire and work with someone or even in an interview if you want to work for that person and that company. Some are better than others, and I have always been pretty decent at reading people. That's why I feel confident. I'm brutally honest at times, as some have seen here, but that's just because I call it like I see it. I've been right more than I have been wrong when reading people I don't know, and I've been wrong before no doubt. I do think he's a sleezeball of a guy that has probably done a lot of wrong in his life by normal standards.

Last edited:
To be honest, depends on how good you are at reading people. No different than giving an interview and having to decide if you want to hire and work with someone or even in an interview if you want to work for that person and that company. Some are better than others, and I have always been pretty decent at reading people. That's why I feel confident. I'm brutally honest at times, as some have seen here, but that's just because I call it like I see it. I've been right more than I have been wrong when reading people I don't know, and I've been wrong before no doubt. I do think he's a sleezeball of a guy that has probably done a lot of wrong in his life by normal standards.
What if he's a stand up guy who tried to do right by people all his life and he made one bad mistake. Does that make him a sleezeball?

This isn’t a “mistake”, this was a conscious decision. He is a sleezball and so is she, no way around it. I’m not on either side here, both are at fault.
Look, I hate that you have to take a firm position on this. I see both sides of the story because of my experience with cheating in the past. I"m very open about this.

I cheated on my ex-girlfriend... we were set to get married and etc. she found out and dumped me... I cheated on her with one of her friend.
Does that make me sleezball? I made one mistake and never did it again. Happily married to someone else and etc. Life goes on.

Another ex cheated on me and I busted her in that moment, literally in the bedroom. Another ex cheated on me as well. one is married and currently in miserable marriage but doesn't cheat. She rather would divorce before cheat. Another one is married and continued to cheat on her husband the whole time they've been married, but with same person. Everybody is different, we all make mistakes... It's not up to use to judge that person.. only God can.

People can change. People can seek forgiveness.. People can move on. I'm not defending Mel on this one, but I'm just pointing out that maybe this was first time he did this.. maybe this wasn't, who knows, only he, his wife and God knows.... But to stand on a principle that he is a sleezball, or whatever ya'll call him, based on that incident... If he's sleezeball, so is the lady. She was in this with him. HOLD both of them Accountable... not just Mel.

Come on. You can't draw a comparison with someone interviewing for a job and how you read them and then go to the TV/Movie industry and make a comparison between the two. Literally, one of them is make-believe.

You're still avoiding addressing the point here. Allegations, ten years ago, that went unreported. Media groups, who say they have had this for years, and NOW decide to publish. Why now?

Why would these people choose to go to the media instead of the proper authorities? Because they want this tried in the public realm, in social media circles and the like. Like you said earlier, he's guilty, no reason to prove it in court. (sic)

No matter if he's innocent or guilty the way this is being handled is abhorrently wrong.

Come on. You can't draw a comparison with someone interviewing for a job and how you read them and then go to the TV/Movie industry and make a comparison between the two. Literally, one of them is make-believe.

You're still avoiding addressing the point here. Allegations, ten years ago, that went unreported. Media groups, who say they have had this for years, and NOW decide to publish. Why now?

Why would these people choose to go to the media instead of the proper authorities? Because they want this tried in the public realm, in social media circles and the like. Like you said earlier, he's guilty, no reason to prove it in court. (sic)

No matter if he's innocent or guilty the way this is being handled is abhorrently wrong.

I'm not saying I drew conclusions off of him from his time on Ballers or his time on Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I've seen interviews and read stories on him through the years that did that for me. Of course I'm not taking a acting role and saying that's him in real life.

As far as your comment about the media, I did address that. I said they are all crooked and corrupt. There is no denying it. That's also why I said it's a shame that it took ten years to investigate this alleged rape. It's all backwards, and there is no way to save it.

What if he's a stand up guy who tried to do right by people all his life and he made one bad mistake. Does that make him a sleezeball?

Raping someone isn't a mistake, it's a crime. I can't think of anything more sleezey than forcing someone to sleep with you against their will, outside of anything child related. Put your kids in that situation where they are taken advantage of. I have, and it enrages me.

I'm not saying I drew conclusions off of him from his time on Ballers or his time on Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I've seen interviews and read stories on him through the years that did that for me. Of course I'm not taking a acting role and saying that's him in real life.
Have you taken the time to see who he is in real life? Actually listened to him?

A couple of weeks ago I think I recall you making a snide comment about hair color...can't recall what the conversation was right now. I'm thinking reading you as one who has a hard time dealing with eccentricity. I'm mean, seriously. You have a company called "Gentleman's Order." :devilish:

Raping someone isn't a mistake, it's a crime. I can't think of anything more sleezey than forcing someone to sleep with you against their will, outside of anything child related. Put your kids in that situation where they are taken advantage of. I have, and it enrages me.
There's nothing you're saying that isn't true.

Who is guilty of raping someone?

Back
Top Bottom