| OT The WNBA officials have been pretty silent on the Clark foul incident.

I saw a documentary on Clark and Kamila Cardoso of South Carolina on ESPN2 while sitting at the bar for dinner last night. Both are great stories, Clark as a kid with a sports upbringing and Cardoso growing up as the daughter of a very poor street vendor in Brazil.

You're both right @50+yeartidefan and @alabama mike , to a degree, plus there's the component of the rich rookie who needs to earn her spot in the league - which is an oft-repeated situation in many sports. Clark represents mainstream America, and they all know that college basketball is the pinnacle of the women's sport. They fly commercial, up until this year, and they are subsidized by the NBA. If the players are playing extra hard to give the rookie her comeuppance, that's why they compete. I hope Clark stays healthy and banks her endorsements, and in the end she'll be laughing at them.

You're both right @50+yeartidefan and @alabama mike , to a degree, plus there's the component of the rich rookie who needs to earn her spot in the league - which is an oft-repeated situation in many sports. Clark represents mainstream America, and they all know that college basketball is the pinnacle of the women's sport. They fly commercial, up until this year, and they are subsidized by the NBA. If the players are playing extra hard to give the rookie her comeuppance, that's why they compete. I hope Clark stays healthy and banks her endorsements, and in the end she'll be laughing at them.
Right. Gonna see it in college too....alll sports where there is shit nil money....
Guy blocking gets nil....driving brokedown 10 year old car...for RB or QB thats getting...literally "millions". Scooting around in a lambo

Wasnt it at Tenn where they wereflying high..late in season...headed for cfp and got drubbed by a shit USCe team,... team around QB quit...because of such?

If the WNBA were smart, they'd be working this like a WWE scripted storyline to try and maximize the eyes on the league and capitalize on Clark while the gettin' is good. But, they ain't that bright, and the truth of the matter is you have a bunch of entitled bitches who can't stand sharing the spotlight, and absolutely refuse to admit to themselves or others that Clark has single-handedly brought at least some degree of legitimacy to their league for once. Instead, they are lashing out and acting like children. I will also add that the foul on Clark, while unnecessary and flagrant, wasn't that bad and she'd be well off showing a tad more toughness and not falling over like a bowling pin after such softness. And I don't know, maybe get back up and give some back if she's bothered by it.

If the WNBA were smart, they'd be working this like a WWE scripted storyline to try and maximize the eyes on the league and capitalize on Clark while the gettin' is good. But, they ain't that bright, and the truth of the matter is you have a bunch of entitled bitches who can't stand sharing the spotlight, and absolutely refuse to admit to themselves or others that Clark has single-handedly brought at least some degree of legitimacy to their league for once. Instead, they are lashing out and acting like children. I will also add that the foul on Clark, while unnecessary and flagrant, wasn't that bad and she'd be well off showing a tad more toughness and not falling over like a bowling pin after such softness. And I don't know, maybe get back up and give some back if she's bothered by it.

100% agree, but she still has a protected collegiate mindset when it comes to that where she thinks she'll get Michael Jordan treatment. I will say I am sick and tired of seeing the articles and headlines on every news outlet talking about this crap. They are going about it the wrong ways to try and build a presence.

100% agree, but she still has a protected collegiate mindset when it comes to that where she thinks she'll get Michael Jordan treatment. I will say I am sick and tired of seeing the articles and headlines on every news outlet talking about this crap. They are going about it the wrong ways to try and build a presence.

Yeah, there's really nothing they could do to get me to tune in regardless, shy of maybe allowing weapons on the court.

Back
Top Bottom