| OT The WNBA officials have been pretty silent on the Clark foul incident.

If the WNBA were smart, they'd be working this like a WWE scripted storyline to try and maximize the eyes on the league and capitalize on Clark while the gettin' is good. But, they ain't that bright, and the truth of the matter is you have a bunch of entitled bitches who can't stand sharing the spotlight, and absolutely refuse to admit to themselves or others that Clark has single-handedly brought at least some degree of legitimacy to their league for once. Instead, they are lashing out and acting like children. I will also add that the foul on Clark, while unnecessary and flagrant, wasn't that bad and she'd be well off showing a tad more toughness and not falling over like a bowling pin after such softness. And I don't know, maybe get back up and give some back if she's bothered by it.
100% agree, but she still has a protected collegiate mindset when it comes to that where she thinks she'll get Michael Jordan treatment. I will say I am sick and tired of seeing the articles and headlines on every news outlet talking about this crap. They are going about it the wrong ways to try and build a presence.

Not knowing a thing about the WNBA, I had to go to ESPN to look this up. Britney Griner has played in two games this year. Two. She's a Kapernick lightning bolt, of which apparently most WNBA fans (all...600 of them??) approve. She has a spot over Clark? Aiiiiiiiight... And no, I'm not slamming woke women's sports because I still love watching the USWNT play. Even when Rapinoe played.*

Your posts remind me of a hockey super star, one of the greatest to ever play the game (very biased opinion). When Sidney Crosby came to the league seventeen years ago, most everyone, including quite a few Penguins fans, found him to be a crybaby because he wasn't getting the Michael Jordan treatment. Crosby learned to tough it out, and over his first three seasons, even those @sshole Flyers fans quit talking crap about him.

Clark can't carry a team by herself. I guess Indiana is really, really bad. She's got to learn to toughen up and deal with it. She'll get to where she wants to be.

*Rapinoe...Say whatever you want about her. I wanted her off the pitch in '19 when she proved she couldn't run with the best in the world. England's right side ran by her all during the World Cup. I'll never forget that ball, however, she played to Abby Wambach in the '11 World Cup to beat Brazil. I've coached soccer for twenty-four years and have watched a TON of it. I don't recall anyone, man or woman, playing a long cross that damn pinpoint accurate as Rapinoe did. Perfect placement, Wambach heads it in, and the US advances to the finals.

Not knowing a thing about the WNBA,

Clark can't carry a team by herself. I guess Indiana is really, really bad. She's got to learn to toughen up and deal with it. She'll get to where she wants to be.
I hadn't looked at anything on the WNBA before this incident, so I'm right there with you. I watched the highlights of their last win, and it's apparent to me that they lack size and skill in the middle. Based on those highlights, they have another good long-range shooter and an energetic point, but Indiana is a bad team, that's why they got the first pick. All three of their wins are against sub-500 teams, including one over the winless NY team.

I also watched some of the interview with Clark asking her about her non-selection for Olympic play, giving her plenty of questions to show bitterness or complain. Total class response - I'm going to use the month off to let my body heal and get in the weight room and work to be better; yes, they gave me a call to let me know I wasn't selected, I'm sure they called quite a few because they have a large Olympic pool to pick from; any more motivation? It gives me something to work for, and I hope in four years I'll get a chance...something like that.

Not knowing a thing about the WNBA, I had to go to ESPN to look this up. Britney Griner has played in two games this year. Two. She's a Kapernick lightning bolt, of which apparently most WNBA fans (all...600 of them??) approve. She has a spot over Clark? Aiiiiiiiight... And no, I'm not slamming woke women's sports because I still love watching the USWNT play. Even when Rapinoe played.*

Your posts remind me of a hockey super star, one of the greatest to ever play the game (very biased opinion). When Sidney Crosby came to the league seventeen years ago, most everyone, including quite a few Penguins fans, found him to be a crybaby because he wasn't getting the Michael Jordan treatment. Crosby learned to tough it out, and over his first three seasons, even those @sshole Flyers fans quit talking crap about him.

*Rapinoe...Say whatever you want about her. I wanted her off the pitch in '19 when she proved she couldn't run with the best in the world. England's right side ran by her all during the World Cup. I'll never forget that ball, however, she played to Abby Wambach in the '11 World Cup to beat Brazil. I've coached soccer for twenty-four years and have watched a TON of it. I don't recall anyone, man or woman, playing a long cross that damn pinpoint accurate as Rapinoe did. Perfect placement, Wambach heads it in, and the US advances to the finals.
As an avid and rabid hockey fan, most people’s issue with Sid was he flopped worse than Premier league players, what changed is the minor penalty for doing so

To add something to the thread...

The Olympics thing does strike as just...a bad decision.

I don't care about the league. Not at all. The story is interesting.

Clark is not the one complaining, it’s everyone around the situation. She said it’s not a big deal and that it’s competition…,

Just like Reese is getting “hard fouled”.

Bring back “Bad Boy” Basketball like the Pistons used to play and before..and make the women play that way too.. All the high scoring pre-Madonnas playing today would thin out.. You can best believe Dr.J, Magic, Bird, Russell and Chamberlain (and many more) were real players.. They actually had very physical defense back then and had to earn every basket..now they are allowed to just run up and down the court, slam dunk, shoot barely contested three-pointers, and travel.. LeBron, Curry and some of these high scorers would never make it back then… but they are letting that happen to Catilin Clark.. if they don’t stop it she’ll be too beat up to play..

Here’s a little bit of history regarding WNBA players and signature sneakers. Swoops was the first to have a signature sneaker back in 1995. Some of the current players that have their own shoes are Ionescu, Delle Donne, and Breanna Stewart. Ionescu’s sneaker that debuted last summer became a very popular shoe for a number of NBA players, including some that are in the finals now.

Back
Top Bottom