| CURRENT EVENTS The Border Bill. I've got what I think is a simple question. Thoughts?

TerryP

Staff
There are several different aspects of the proposed bill I don't like. If I were sitting in Washington, I'd have voted against the bill. No second thoughts.

There is one thing about that proposal that just doesn't make sense to me given what we've been told.

One of the components of the bill is they would stop border crossings, every day, when they reach the 5000 limit. If I understand this correctly, #4999 and #5000 can get in, but #5001 is stopped (until tomorrow.)

If they have the ability to stop at 5000 doesn't that mean they have the ability to stop at 1?

The millions of illegals don’t have to vote to benefit the Democrats. The Census determines how the Electoral College votes are distributed and how many representatives each state gets in Congress. The Census counts population, not citizens. By adding population in “blue” states, the number of electoral college votes will go up and the number of representatives from those states in the House will increase (while the number of representatives from “red” states will decrease). This will aid Democrats in passing legislation and winning Presidential elections.

Do the math. Allowing 5000 immigrants per day times 365 days, plus the 7-8 million already allowed in during the Biden administration makes a staggering number. Add this to the estimated 12 million illegals already here and you can understand the impact. These people will support Democrats who keep promising citizenship.

You saying Biden voters are cult followers is absolutely rich 🤣
Did you not say that you were voting for him no matter what? That comment came several months ago.

We've seen original ideas coming from the Democratic Party in the past year. Some from RFK, some from Manchin. Both, ostracized. Is that not the earmark of a cult? Follow what we say, if not, "you're outta here!" 🤷‍♂️

This IS another example of the casual use of a word‒in this case "cult"‒which completely distorts its true meaning.
Lord Velveeta doesn’t know anything about the border other than he doesn’t like non Americans, you can call it whatever you want
This is unexplainable. There is no truth found here. You know that.

I'll go with your assertion for a minute though.

If Trump doesn't know anything about the border, neither Biden or Harris know anything about the US Border Patrol. After all, they had NO communication with the US Border Patrol Chief in their tenure.

The fact that the man was POTUS for four years makes your statement...let's just say, not very intelligent.

The millions of illegals don’t have to vote to benefit the Democrats. The Census determines how the Electoral College votes are distributed and how many representatives each state gets in Congress. The Census counts population, not citizens. By adding population in “blue” states, the number of electoral college votes will go up and the number of representatives from those states in the House will increase (while the number of representatives from “red” states will decrease). This will aid Democrats in passing legislation and winning Presidential elections.

Do the math. Allowing 5000 immigrants per day times 365 days, plus the 7-8 million already allowed in during the Biden administration makes a staggering number. Add this to the estimated 12 million illegals already here and you can understand the impact. These people will support Democrats who keep promising citizenship.
There is a HUGE lack of knowledge when it comes to basic civics, economics...things we were taught in high school and yet we have college educated people who don't understand the basics.

There is a HUGE lack of knowledge when it comes to basic civics, economics...things we were taught in high school and yet we have college educated people who don't understand the basics.
I always enjoy watching videos where the law violator keeps saying “I know my rights” when they obviously don’t. In terms of politics, the Democrats complain about losing our democracy when we aren’t a democracy. They want a true democracy so they can always have majority rule.

I always enjoy watching videos where the law violator keeps saying “I know my rights” when they obviously don’t. In terms of politics, the Democrats complain about losing our democracy when we aren’t a democracy. They want a true democracy so they can always have majority rule.
"The Popular Vote" which tends to represent, primarily, two states of 50.

Did you not say that you were voting for him no matter what? That comment came several months ago.

We've seen original ideas coming from the Democratic Party in the past year. Some from RFK, some from Manchin. Both, ostracized. Is that not the earmark of a cult? Follow what we say, if not, "you're outta here!" 🤷‍♂️

This IS another example of the casual use of a word‒in this case "cult"‒which completely distorts its true meaning.

This is unexplainable. There is no truth found here. You know that.

I'll go with your assertion for a minute though.

If Trump doesn't know anything about the border, neither Biden or Harris know anything about the US Border Patrol. After all, they had NO communication with the US Border Patrol Chief in their tenure.

The fact that the man was POTUS for four years makes your statement...let's just say, not very intelligent.
I also said “I’m not a Biden guy”. I won’t vote for a republican at all in any manner for any position.

So, according to your logic the dems are a cult, but the Trump followers are not? That doesn’t pass the logic test.

Trump doesn’t know anything about the border other than he hates immigrants. When he and Biden made their trips to the border Trump walked with the gov of Texas and the National Guard meanwhile Biden was with Border Patrol agents and the CHIEF that you say he hasn’t met with in his tenure.

I wouldn’t think a righty would think my statements about Trump are intelligent because that’s their guy for one, but for two everything I said was factual regardless of whether the jackass was president for 4 years or not. He’s never had a plan for overhauling the border other than build a wall and make Mexico pay for it (which didnt happen, we the taxpayers paid for it) and immigrants bad, that’s his entire border plan.

Lastly the next time you decide to come to me and say Biden and Harris haven’t done something make sure it’s the truth rather than bullshit.

So, according to your logic the dems are a cult, but the Trump followers are not? That doesn’t pass the logic test.
According to what I know, neither are a cult. Read the following paragraph where I explicitly explain my analogy.

Trump doesn’t know anything about the border other than he hates immigrants. When he and Biden made their trips to the border Trump walked with the gov of Texas and the National Guard meanwhile Biden was with Border Patrol agents and the CHIEF that you say he hasn’t met with in his tenure.
The Chief said he has not spoken with the VPOTUS or POTUS since they took office. This is the man over 21,000 of these agents. That's what I pointed out.

This assertion that he "hates immigrants" is foolish. A President that follows the law‒demanding people enter the country legally‒hates immigrants. The comment can only be described as sad.
I wouldn’t think a righty would think my statements about Trump are intelligent because that’s their guy for one, but for two everything I said was factual regardless of whether the jackass was president for 4 years or not. He’s never had a plan for overhauling the border other than build a wall and make Mexico pay for it (which didnt happen, we the taxpayers paid for it) and immigrants bad, that’s his entire border plan.
In one sentence you said something that isn't true while saying everything you have said is factual.

If he never had a plan...what were all the executive orders overriding his policies all about? Biden issued an XO against something that...didn't exist?

Next time you buy a shovel, go to Ollie's. They break after a use or two. 🙃

According to what I know, neither are a cult. Read the following paragraph where I explicitly explain my analogy.

The Chief said he has not spoken with the VPOTUS or POTUS since they took office. This is the man over 21,000 of these agents. That's what I pointed out.

This assertion that he "hates immigrants" is foolish. A President that follows the law‒demanding people enter the country legally‒hates immigrants. The comment can only be described as sad.

In one sentence you said something that isn't true while saying everything you have said is factual.

If he never had a plan...what were all the executive orders overriding his policies all about? Biden issued an XO against something that...didn't exist?

Next time you buy a shovel, go to Ollie's. They break after a use or two. 🙃
That’s where you’re wrong- the more outlandish Trump supporters are in fact in a cult.

The former Chief (a Trump appointee) said he didn’t talk to Biden or Harris in the 2 years he was on the job.

“Immigrants are poisoning our blood” from Trump just a few days ago…..but he’s following the law.

Everything I said is true and fact.

He XO’d bad policies like separating children from families

The official said that Trump “was so focused on the wall that he did nothing to address the root cause of why people are coming to our southern border. It was a limited, wasteful and naive strategy, and it failed.” You’re right he knew everything about the border

That’s where you’re wrong- the more outlandish Trump supporters are in fact in a cult.

The former Chief (a Trump appointee) said he didn’t talk to Biden or Harris in the 2 years he was on the job.

“Immigrants are poisoning our blood” from Trump just a few days ago…..but he’s following the law.

He XO’d bad policies like separating children from families

The official said that Trump “was so focused on the wall that he did nothing to address the root cause of why people are coming to our southern border. It was a limited, wasteful and naive strategy, and it failed.” You’re right he knew everything about the border

Trump had control of the border. Harris was given the charge of dealing with the root cause of migration early in the Biden tenure (remember the border czar?). What happened? She’s only visited “the border” once and it was El Paso, not the actual border. As for separating children from families, it’s no different when a parent is arrested for drunk driving with a child in the car.

“They’re coming from mental institutions and insane asylums,” Trump said of immigrants. “They’re terrorists, absolutely, that’s poisoning our country, that’s poisoning the blood of our country.”

So you don't like the rhetoric. I get that. There's truth in what he said there; I've seen the reports from abroad about prisoners being released.

What I find ironic here is you are up in arms about a comment Trump said about immigrants, but docile on what the current administration has said about American citizens.
No, sir. You can't continue to claim this. You've been proven wrong on numerous occasions: on this very page in fact.

So, I'll ask again. If "Trump didn't have a plan," what where the executive actions taken by the current administration intended to accomplish? They were striking down border policies by the former administration: one you've just accused of having no plan. But, that plan was in place and in action.

The Biden administration struck those policies down.

You are blatantly wrong by suggesting "no plan." Is this a "listen to what I say, not what you have seen?"

In an effort to divert attention away from the "Border Czar," who said her goal was to get to the root cause?

Hell. Root cause.

Here's $8000 a month.
Here's free room and board.
Here's a free cell phone.
Here's a free ticket, where do you want to go.

I'd call that part of a root cause.

It's the misuse of a word changing its original connotation.

However, if you are going to say that you have to say the same about Biden supporters. There is a fringe element on both sides: neither of which should dictate decisions.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 6.08.12 AM.png

Strange, or sinister.
Misplaced admiration for a person.

Both apply to the democratic party if you insist on labeling. It's easy to begin to list examples ...

A trans/man dancing topless on the White House lawn. Strange. Coke found in the White House. Strange. A cabinet member stealing womens' luggage from airports. Strange.

The former press secretary laughing at the border crisis when someone was killed a few miles from her house...by an illegal immigrant? Sinister. The DOJ suing states for protecting their own borders and citizens? Sinister. Pelosi and others more concerned about the use of the word "illegal" versus "murderer?" Sinister.

OK, chew on this one. It's not okay for a 12 year old to get a tatoo, but lets cut off his balls. Strange, and sinister.

Misplaced admiration? What is supposed to be admired? While three quarters of the country disapprove of what he's doing, is it not fair to say that a quarter have misplaced admiration?

They are admiring ...

Gas cost more.
Food cost more.
Clothes cost more.
Electricity cost more.
Insurance...
Vehicles...
Money is worth less.
The state, and the country, are becoming increasingly more violent.
Millions can't read; but let's take the advice of the DOE.
Millions can't give change for a dollar; but let's take advice ...
Division is being stoked; continuously.
Citizens have lost their right to speak freely.

If you think insurance is crazy now.....California, a liberal state, is now providing the full scope of Medi-Cal benefits to illegals. The cost of this new entitlement is on California taxpayers because the Medicaid program prohibits payment to a state for medical assistance furnished to an alien who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or otherwise permanently residing in the USA.

The main reason for an increase in violence can be linked to many states (almost all dem controlled states) decriminalizing drug usage. Another factor is mainly dem judges being so lax in their sentencings of violent or repeat offenders.

The DOE is a joke now as are many boards of education. They are too busy trying to teach lgybt issues and what they should be protesting while totally forgetting about teaching youth math, science and how to read.

An effort by Senate Republicans to stop illegal immigrants, from being counted on the census for the purposes of apportionment for House seats and the Electoral College was shot down after the measure failed to gain the support of a single Democrat.

Democrats are hoping to gain greater representation in the House of Representatives and Electoral College by redistricting.

Who didn't see this coming ....

An effort by Senate Republicans to stop illegal immigrants, from being counted on the census for the purposes of apportionment for House seats and the Electoral College was shot down after the measure failed to gain the support of a single Democrat.

Democrats are hoping to gain greater representation in the House of Representatives and Electoral College by redistricting.

Who didn't see this coming ....
The Census counts people, not citizens. Current processes will include the illegal population in determining seats in the House, Electoral College votes and Congressional redistricting.

So you don't like the rhetoric. I get that. There's truth in what he said there; I've seen the reports from abroad about prisoners being released.

What I find ironic here is you are up in arms about a comment Trump said about immigrants, but docile on what the current administration has said about American citizens.

No, sir. You can't continue to claim this. You've been proven wrong on numerous occasions: on this very page in fact.

So, I'll ask again. If "Trump didn't have a plan," what where the executive actions taken by the current administration intended to accomplish? They were striking down border policies by the former administration: one you've just accused of having no plan. But, that plan was in place and in action.

The Biden administration struck those policies down.

You are blatantly wrong by suggesting "no plan." Is this a "listen to what I say, not what you have seen?"

In an effort to divert attention away from the "Border Czar," who said her goal was to get to the root cause?

Hell. Root cause.

Here's $8000 a month.
Here's free room and board.
Here's a free cell phone.
Here's a free ticket, where do you want to go.

I'd call that part of a root cause.
Ok, here let’s just say Trump is good, Biden is bad, better for you?

I’m not going back and forth with you when the discussion is going to continue you saying I’m wrong and you’re right, Trump was good, Biden is bad.

If you think insurance is crazy now.....California, a liberal state, is now providing the full scope of Medi-Cal benefits to illegals. The cost of this new entitlement is on California taxpayers because the Medicaid program prohibits payment to a state for medical assistance furnished to an alien who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or otherwise permanently residing in the USA.

The main reason for an increase in violence can be linked to many states (almost all dem controlled states) decriminalizing drug usage. Another factor is mainly dem judges being so lax in their sentencings of violent or repeat offenders.

The DOE is a joke now as are many boards of education. They are too busy trying to teach lgybt issues and what they should be protesting while totally forgetting about teaching youth math, science and how to read.
CA citizens voted and approved this, so to use the words of somebody on here “The people have spoken”.

Nobody is getting violent on weed, that’s the biggest “drug” that’s been decriminalized as it should be nationwide.

The DOE isn’t teaching lgbtq issues, I’d suggest turning off right leaning media. The states with the lowest graduating rates, higher education degrees are all repub controlled states, so is that because they’re too busy teaching issues rather than math, science, etc?

Ok, here let’s just say Trump is good, Biden is bad, better for you?

I’m not going back and forth with you when the discussion is going to continue you saying I’m wrong and you’re right, Trump was good, Biden is bad.
What missing here, Stomp? One word: policies.

Were the Trump era policies better than the Biden era policies?

I will say this; unabashedly. When you have a person, or a group of people, more concerned with the use of the word "illegal" versus "undocumented" when talking about someone who is a murderer...when you are talking about someone who broke the law in other cities before committing that murder...and the focus is on "do you regret using the word "illegal?"

The focus? It isn't good. Neither are the people who maintain that focus.

The DOE isn’t teaching lgbtq issues, I’d suggest turning off right leaning media. The states with the lowest graduating rates, higher education degrees are all repub controlled states, so is that because they’re too busy teaching issues rather than math, science, etc?
That's a two way street. School districts with a mandated "push" of DEI programs have also seen horrid test scores.

With few exceptions, I believe we can both agree the educational system is broken. The nation, and its educational system, is falling behind: some cases woefully. And on that note, I don't see anything coming from the DOE that looks to improve the situation.

These states with the lower graduation rates are also the states on the forefront of school choice, are they not?

I’m wrong and you’re right,
Come on, now. This has not been a conversation that is a "I'm right." I have said, "you are wrong" a few times.

As example:

"Trump never had a plan."
Biden, through executive orders, changes Trump's border policies.

These two can not coexist because the first statement is wrong.

Hey, look.

I don't think war is good. It's bad. We shouldn't be involved. By saying, "the Ukraine war is bad," is that saying "I'm right?" I thought saying war is bad was a pretty safe bet.

Having criminals enter the US, unchecked, is something I don't consider to be a good thing. Is that a "I'm right?" Criminals running free...bad. Yeah, thought that was a safe bet as well.

Things cost more. That's bad. Right? Is that another, "I'm right?"

Back
Top Bottom