| FTBL Stadium Expansion

In a manner of speaking, it's already underway. One of the things that'll have to be done is work around Bryant Drive.

The University has agreed to contribute monies so they can renovate Bryant Drive all the way to Queen City Blvd. Recently, as in the last few weeks, there was movement on the money front and the engineers/road crews are already moving on the project. I've heard a few different dates, but sooner than expected is something you can pretty well guarantee.

weezyfbaby00 said:
Anyone know what the plans are? I wonder what kind of capacity we're looking at when it's all said and done?

One BAJILLION PEOPLE. MU HU HWA HAAA!

No....wait. I might be getting a little over excited there. Probably in the 100-104k range.

The other exciting thing about it is that it will 'bowl' the stadium making it even louder than it is now.

ROLL TIDE!

TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
I wonder what's gonna be done with the jumbotron.

Two new screens on the South...picture the N end zone.

So basically it's going to mirror the North Endzone once it's all said and done? I wouldn't mind that at all, it would look awesome.

XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

So basically it's going to mirror the North Endzone once it's all said and done? I wouldn't mind that at all, it would look awesome.

There are more than one set of plans, but most have two screens. The jumbotron, tech wise, is behind in times with the other features of the stadium so it just makes sense.

XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

Yes and no. The overall design will be very similar. For once on a topic I have a 'souce' here and it seems the most popular idea for the plan right now will NOT include skyboxes and luxury seating of any type. Right now it seems the planners are leaning towards having it almost exclusively standard stadium seating. Nothing has been decided yet but Terry is right about the 2 more screens ala north endzone.

Swamptick said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

Yes and no. The overall design will be very similar. For once on a topic I have a 'souce' here and it seems the most popular idea for the plan right now will NOT include skyboxes and luxury seating of any type. Right now it seems the planners are leaning towards having it almost exclusively standard stadium seating. Nothing has been decided yet but Terry is right about the 2 more screens ala north endzone.

What intrigues me about that 'tick is there is a waiting list for skyboxes...seems it would be foolish not to repeat the N. in the S end-zone.

TerryP said:
Swamptick said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

What intrigues me about that 'tick is there is a waiting list for skyboxes...seems it would be foolish not to repeat the N. in the S end-zone.

I like the idea of getting the most number of seats over skyboxes. Other than lowering the field level, would you think this would be the last possible expansion that wouldn't require significant demolition? We need as many seats that we can.

Also, doesn't the proximity to the street mandate a smaller footprint to allow for adequate pedestrian traffic?

RTR,

Tim

TerryP said:
Swamptick said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

There are alot of people who agree with you. From what I heard though, the thought for not adding them is to increase raw capacity. I have no strong feelings one way or another and my crystal ball says that nothing is firm. Things could go either way. It is exciting all the same.

I was kind of wondering that too. What else could they possible to to increase seating capacity after they do the North End Zone?

ItTakesEleven said:
I like the idea of getting the most number of seats over skyboxes. Other than lowering the field level, would you think this would be the last possible expansion that wouldn't require significant demolition? We need as many seats that we can.

Also, doesn't the proximity to the street mandate a smaller footprint to allow for adequate pedestrian traffic?

RTR,

Tim

A third level on the sidelines if we wanted more seats. But, if we hit that 100K mark, at what point would you want to increase capacity?

Swamptick said:
TerryP said:
Swamptick said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
TerryP said:
XxBamaCorexX said:

There are alot of people who agree with you. From what I heard though, the thought for not adding them is to increase raw capacity. I have no strong feelings one way or another and my crystal ball says that nothing is firm. Things could go either way. It is exciting all the same.

It's all about the $$$. We'd get more money in to the University with the same plan as the North End Zone. At least, that's the way I understand it...

Back
Top Bottom