| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

We signed a killer receiver class. Finding Ruggs and Waddle speed doesn't happen very often. Robert Foster the last speedster we had? Who before him? Saban knows what and who he recruited. Rhea and Ballou will get these guys fine tuned. They've only been on campus for three months now. Give them a chance everyone.

The truth... In scrimmage, first team offense went against 2 defense, 2nd team offense went against 1st team defense every time in full scrimmage. In situations they did some ones on ones and 2 on 2 from 2 both ways, from 20, and third Downs
We're spoiled for sure. We will be digging for those great receivers that have left for the NFL over these last couple of years.
I would say it's more of a case of fans starving for information and it's understandable. What I think happens, every year, is people put too much importance on a scrimmage in the spring.

What I know is a lot of misinformation hits the 'net. Some of it comes from personal anxiety and I have a multitude of opinions on why other things get spread. As example, this "The truth" starts with something that isn't. The first team offense had drills against the first team defense. Bryce had success against the first team defense.

Can we judge the wide receiver corps yet? The three frosh are showing flashes of potential and the spring is without Metchie. Right now Bolden, Baker, and Holden are running with the one's in a three wide set.

This is something small I read, but could be big for recruiting. I read where a lot of the players are enjoying a lot of the stories being told to them about the NFL and players from both new coaches that have that NFL pedigree. Always cool to hear about the untold stories about your favorite athletes you grew up watching and your parents talking about.

Just a question: is the defense that great or is the OL and receiver corps just young, injured or inexperienced? Will our defense hold against a good seasoned OL?

I think that is probably the biggest issue our team faces.... How is the OL going to be?

Last years OL was the best I've ever seen (yes better than 2012's OL). The positive side to is that the DL is going to be so good they will make our OL better with practice reps. But I am watching the OL's progress. So much of how Bryce does depends on the OL.

I tune in to see which new guys (freshmen and sophomore) can get into the 2nd group. For the most part if these young folks haven't been on the field getting quality snaps during their freshmen and sophomore years then chances are they're not going to be special players (some exceptions).

Word from the rant

quote:

Practice nugget:

There's a bit of a shift on the 2nd-team offensive line with Tommy Brockermeyer stepping in at left tackle and Amari Kight moving over to left guard. That means the 2nd-team O-line consisted of Brockermeyer, Kight, Darrian Dalcourt, Seth McLaughlin and JC Latham. Midway through the spring, both 5-star tackle signees are now working with the twos.

Word from the rant

quote:

Practice nugget:

There's a bit of a shift on the 2nd-team offensive line with Tommy Brockermeyer stepping in at left tackle and Amari Kight moving over to left guard. That means the 2nd-team O-line consisted of Brockermeyer, Kight, Darrian Dalcourt, Seth McLaughlin and JC Latham. Midway through the spring, both 5-star tackle signees are now working with the twos.
Its got the chance to be a 2012/2020 oline in the future...near future...

Back
Top Bottom