| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

Everything Nick Saban said after Alabama's first spring scrimmage (247sports.com)

"I thought Bryce did a pretty good job of managing the game and was accurate with the ball and did a nice job, made a few explosive plays, but I thought really did a good job of managing the whole situation on offense when he was in there. I think we got a lot of improvement to do, especially with twos on offense.

OK so we learn that #9 is a game manager since Nick so stated.....Aight

"The one defense played fairly well but you know it's hard to tell, you know how much you're challenged sometimes when you have a scrimmage. I

Ok so the offense isn't good enough to even challenge the #1 defense.....Aight

“I think we got a lot of guys that are new guys at those positions. We’ve got John Metchie playing out there — really other than Slade, not a whole lot of experience. I saw good things from everybody and I saw things that we definitely need to improve on but for me to single out somebody that I thought was outstanding today, I’m not really ready to do that.”

OK so the young guns at receiver ain't turning no heads at this point.....Aight

Everything Nick Saban said after Alabama's first spring scrimmage (247sports.com)

"I thought Bryce did a pretty good job of managing the game and was accurate with the ball and did a nice job, made a few explosive plays, but I thought really did a good job of managing the whole situation on offense when he was in there. I think we got a lot of improvement to do, especially with twos on offense.

OK so we learn that #9 is a game manager since Nick so stated.....Aight

"The one defense played fairly well but you know it's hard to tell, you know how much you're challenged sometimes when you have a scrimmage. I

Ok so the offense isn't good enough to even challenge the #1 defense.....Aight

“I think we got a lot of guys that are new guys at those positions. We’ve got John Metchie playing out there — really other than Slade, not a whole lot of experience. I saw good things from everybody and I saw things that we definitely need to improve on but for me to single out somebody that I thought was outstanding today, I’m not really ready to do that.”

OK so the young guns at receiver ain't turning no heads at this point.....Aight

First off - I agree, Jordan Battle is a game changer! :cool:

Secondly - Because Saban won't single out any young WR's doesn't necessarily mean they aren't balling... He's not one to divy out praise when "prompted"... Guarantee one or two of those young cats is giving the secondary fits already

I really believed that Nix had the abilities to become a real playa for the cow college (glad he hasn't) but it appears his arrogance exceeds his ability. Perhaps his parents should have skipped so many trips to Chuck E Cheeze and instead used the working belt on him. He sure seems like a prick from my view on my 26" Zenith.

Word from the Rant...........

quote:
The truth... In scrimmage, first team offense went against 2 defense, 2nd team offense went against 1st team defense every time in full scrimmage. In situations they did some ones on ones and 2 on 2 from 2 both ways, from 20, and third Downs.

Story of this scrimmage was defense. Charlie's summary is spot on. DL dominated the scrimmage. We are loaded. 1st team Eboigbe, Dale, Young/Ray rotated with 2nd team Latham/Wynn, Smith, Burroughs. LBs are best in country with 1st team Allen and Anderson outside and Harris and Moody inside. 2nd team was Sanders, Mwikuta, Lee, and Lawson.

DB first team as expected with Jones and Armour-Davis at corners, Battle and Hellams at safeties, Branch at nickel. 2nd team corners were McKinstry and Banks. 2nd team safeties Story and Wright.

Bryce had a good day. Bryce is clearly one as he took every first team rep. He moved ball on most drives with ones going against twos. He scored on two drives. Next, They did situational plays in third down, one offense against one defense and Bryce was sacked 4 times out of 8. Again 1 defense was great, nobody could block 4 and 31. Bryce had some great passes in situational 1 offense on 1 def from 20 and 2 with several TDs. Bryce was very calm and never got rattled.

Paul and Jalen had good day but not as good as Bryce. Paul was with 2 offense going against 1 defense. He had some good passes but was rushed on most every pass. 2 offense moved ball some but 1 defense was clearly better. He was sacked once as he took a lot of short quick passes 5 to 20 yards. Jalen struggled with rush and was sacked a lot. Paul is clearly second team followed by Jalen then Braxton.

RBs were ok but DL was better than OL. K Robinson had longest run followed by McClellan. Keilan has a speed the others don’t! He might be the burst we need. Brian was solid and ran strong.

Slade, Baker and Latu had best day.. Latu caught several TDs in situational offense from 20 and 5. Slade had some third down catches and so did Baker. Billingsley, Xavier, Jones Bell, Holden, Hall, Brooks, and Leary all caught passes. We did not have any 50 yard bombs like in the past but because of rush. Baker had longest play on quick hitter!

OL with injuries will get better and time. Starters did pretty good. The starters were LT Neal, LG Tommy Brown, C Owens, RG Cohen, RT George and TE Randolph. Second team was Kight, Bowles, Dalcourt, McLaughlin, Latham. Ferguson and Brockmeyer played too. OL group is very young but everyone has confidence in them, but DL ahead!

Great day overall!

End of Word

Word from the Rant...........

quote:
The truth... In scrimmage, first team offense went against 2 defense, 2nd team offense went against 1st team defense every time in full scrimmage. In situations they did some ones on ones and 2 on 2 from 2 both ways, from 20, and third Downs.

Story of this scrimmage was defense. Charlie's summary is spot on. DL dominated the scrimmage. We are loaded. 1st team Eboigbe, Dale, Young/Ray rotated with 2nd team Latham/Wynn, Smith, Burroughs. LBs are best in country with 1st team Allen and Anderson outside and Harris and Moody inside. 2nd team was Sanders, Mwikuta, Lee, and Lawson.

DB first team as expected with Jones and Armour-Davis at corners, Battle and Hellams at safeties, Branch at nickel. 2nd team corners were McKinstry and Banks. 2nd team safeties Story and Wright.

Bryce had a good day. Bryce is clearly one as he took every first team rep. He moved ball on most drives with ones going against twos. He scored on two drives. Next, They did situational plays in third down, one offense against one defense and Bryce was sacked 4 times out of 8. Again 1 defense was great, nobody could block 4 and 31. Bryce had some great passes in situational 1 offense on 1 def from 20 and 2 with several TDs. Bryce was very calm and never got rattled.

Paul and Jalen had good day but not as good as Bryce. Paul was with 2 offense going against 1 defense. He had some good passes but was rushed on most every pass. 2 offense moved ball some but 1 defense was clearly better. He was sacked once as he took a lot of short quick passes 5 to 20 yards. Jalen struggled with rush and was sacked a lot. Paul is clearly second team followed by Jalen then Braxton.

RBs were ok but DL was better than OL. K Robinson had longest run followed by McClellan. Keilan has a speed the others don’t! He might be the burst we need. Brian was solid and ran strong.

Slade, Baker and Latu had best day.. Latu caught several TDs in situational offense from 20 and 5. Slade had some third down catches and so did Baker. Billingsley, Xavier, Jones Bell, Holden, Hall, Brooks, and Leary all caught passes. We did not have any 50 yard bombs like in the past but because of rush. Baker had longest play on quick hitter!

OL with injuries will get better and time. Starters did pretty good. The starters were LT Neal, LG Tommy Brown, C Owens, RG Cohen, RT George and TE Randolph. Second team was Kight, Bowles, Dalcourt, McLaughlin, Latham. Ferguson and Brockmeyer played too. OL group is very young but everyone has confidence in them, but DL ahead!

Great day overall!

End of Word
Thats a nice report....

Back
Top Bottom