| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

Everything Nick Saban said after Alabama's sixth spring practice (247sports.com)

There will be a quiz so study

Sounds like our receivers aren't fast guys

ON BALANCE AT WIDE RECEIVER IN TERMS OF PLAYERS' SIZE...
“But I wouldn’t trade the guys that we’ve lost the last two years for anybody. Probably all of them first-round draft picks. So I don’t know that anybody that’s here right now has earned the first-round draft pick. Maybe (John) Metchie, and he’s not really practicing this spring, so I’m not really counting him. These guys all gotta prove themselves. I think speed kills on the football field and on the highway. I love to have speed guys. We have some big guys, but we’ve gotta get some speed guys, too.”

Last edited:
Everything Nick Saban said after Alabama's sixth spring practice (247sports.com)

There will be a quiz so study

Sounds like our receivers aren't fast guys

ON BALANCE AT WIDE RECEIVER IN TERMS OF PLAYERS' SIZE...
“But I wouldn’t trade the guys that we’ve lost the last two years for anybody. Probably all of them first-round draft picks. So I don’t know that anybody that’s here right now has earned the first-round draft pick. Maybe (John) Metchie, and he’s not really practicing this spring, so I’m not really counting him. These guys all gotta prove themselves. I think speed kills on the football field and on the highway. I love to have speed guys. We have some big guys, but we’ve gotta get some speed guys, too.”

I thought Christian Leary and Jojo Earl were speed guys?

From the Bama experts at the rant.. Sunshine Crew

quote:
Defense update through 5 practices...

Remember that it is early and things change daily in the spring. The defense is more set than offense as you know.

The truth...The DL is loaded with depth. There is lots of rotation as they are all very good. Phil Mathis is out for spring so First team A is Justin Eboigbe, DJ Dale, and Byron Young. First team B is LaBryan Ray, Tim Smith, and Stephon Wynn. I expect all of these players to play a ton during the season. Second team is Jah-Marlon Latham, Monkell Goodwine, and Jamil Burroughs. Goodwine is a great addition during spring.

The truth... This could be our best LB group in the last few years and with depth. The outside LBs might be both All Americans with first team Will Anderson and Chris Allen. Second team is Drew Sanders and King Mwikuta. Third team is Chris Braswell and Christian Johnson. Third Team moves a ton so don't focus on it; Parks and Q Robinson getting lots of reps. A look at inside LBs are first team Christian Harris and Jaylen Moody. Second team Shane Lee and Demouy Kennedy. Third team are two stud freshman Deontae Lawson and Ian Jackson.

The Truth... First team Corners are Josh Jobe and Jalyn Armour-Davis. Second team corners are Ronald Williams and Brandon Turnage. But Ga'Quincey McKinstry is getting lots of reps as well as Marcus Banks. Corner is still wide open. Safeties are fantastic with First team Jordan Battle and DeMarco Hellams. Second team is Kristian Story and Daniel Wright. Star first team is Brian Branch who started our last two games and looks great. Second team is Jahquez Robinson. Malachi Moore is still out with injury and not expected to play this spring.

From the Bama experts at the rant.. Sunshine Crew

quote:
Defense update through 5 practices...

Remember that it is early and things change daily in the spring. The defense is more set than offense as you know.

The truth...The DL is loaded with depth. There is lots of rotation as they are all very good. Phil Mathis is out for spring so First team A is Justin Eboigbe, DJ Dale, and Byron Young. First team B is LaBryan Ray, Tim Smith, and Stephon Wynn. I expect all of these players to play a ton during the season. Second team is Jah-Marlon Latham, Monkell Goodwine, and Jamil Burroughs. Goodwine is a great addition during spring.

The truth... This could be our best LB group in the last few years and with depth. The outside LBs might be both All Americans with first team Will Anderson and Chris Allen. Second team is Drew Sanders and King Mwikuta. Third team is Chris Braswell and Christian Johnson. Third Team moves a ton so don't focus on it; Parks and Q Robinson getting lots of reps. A look at inside LBs are first team Christian Harris and Jaylen Moody. Second team Shane Lee and Demouy Kennedy. Third team are two stud freshman Deontae Lawson and Ian Jackson.

The Truth... First team Corners are Josh Jobe and Jalyn Armour-Davis. Second team corners are Ronald Williams and Brandon Turnage. But Ga'Quincey McKinstry is getting lots of reps as well as Marcus Banks. Corner is still wide open. Safeties are fantastic with First team Jordan Battle and DeMarco Hellams. Second team is Kristian Story and Daniel Wright. Star first team is Brian Branch who started our last two games and looks great. Second team is Jahquez Robinson. Malachi Moore is still out with injury and not expected to play this spring.

Good stuff!

At DL - 3 guys stand out for me as game wreckers.... Young, Ray and Tim Smith in the middle.

Dale too good and consistent to not be on the field, a lot. Good looking group! RTR

In the side by side comparison, it looks to me like BY and PT get more of their body into the throw than JM. It could be that BY and PT who have been there longer than JM and have been taught to get more of their body into the throw by twisting or turning their body as they go through the motion rather than mostly using their arm and shoulder as JM appears to do in that comparison.

Back
Top Bottom