| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

Loved seeing his pressure. Not to heated but got a little worked up when ask if a LB will be Mike or Will LB. He said spring is different and kind off poked back at the reporter saying I know you want us to name a starter so you can write about it. Made me chuckle. Glad he still has that fire in him. This was certainly tame compared to 10 years ago.

Good stuff

there will be a quiz

Everything Nick Saban said after Alabama's third spring practice (247sports.com)

ON THE TIGHT END POSITION...
"It’s really too early to really tell that much about that many guys. Robby Ouzts has got a pulled hamstring, the other freshman tight end is coming off an ACL so he’s still sort of rehabbing and not 100 percent but doing a really good job. Major Tennison has been hurt, so he’s limited in practice. Latu has done a really good job so far. He’s really showing some maturity and done a really good job, Jahleel has done a good job. We play Kendall at offensive line and tight end both at practice, he’s very effective as a blocker which I think gives us another option at that position. So, it's been really not enough information to really evaluate anyone to this point and really the most important thing is, is just taking these guys from where they are and getting them to improve and grow knowledge and experience and understanding so that they can play fast and get better. We haven’t had much of an opportunity to do that yet."

Jahleel has done a good job. In the past Nick has been reserved about his comments about Jahleel (last season) even though 19 had some big plays for Bama in 2020. I am not sure 19 had completely bought in to being the very best in can be at this point. I have assigned Ole Man the task of following this story and he will report back to us at the end of spring.

Saw this on the Rant....

All sunshine for sure

quote:
The truth… Update on offensive depth…

It is early so nobody get their ink pen out but I thought you might like an update. I got my ear to the ground.

The truth… OL… First team: LT Evan Neal, LG Tommy Brown, C Chris Owens, RG Javion Cohen, RT Damieon George. Kendall Randolph is subbing and playing TE Like last year. Second team: LT Kight, LG Terrence Ferguson, C Darrion Dalcourt, RG Tanner Bowles, RT JC Latham. I know this is surprising but we have some injuries as discussed. Emil out hurt but will be starter when returns.

The truth… RBs look great with Brian R, Jase M, Keilan R, Roydell W, and Kyle Edwards in order. Trey is not practicing but doing drills. Keilan is Drake all over again!!! Expect huge plays from him at RB and special teams! He can catch too. His burst is special!!

The truth… TEs Billingsley and Latu are really good! 19 all pro potential. Major Tennison hurt but not bad.

The Truth… WRs are all getting work First team Xavier, Bolden, Baker. Second team Holden, Jones-Bell, Hall. Next group Lanier, Brooks, Leary. It is early but Hall could be “The guy” that steps up next!!! He is fast and long. Metchie out hurt during spring but will be starter when back.

The truth… QBs look really good. Way ahead of schedule but all need game time / scrimmage work. Bryce is first team and looks really good and gets majority of first team reps. Paul looks really good and would be starting on most SEC teams. He works with first some and mostly 2nd team. Milroe raw talent that could be a star down the road. The players feel very confident in Bryce and Paul.

I will say again that this is best coaching staff yet. And I know that is a big statement!!

Saw this on the Rant....

All sunshine for sure
The Truth… WRs are all getting work First team Xavier, Bolden, Baker. Second team Holden, Jones-Bell, Hall. Next group Lanier, Brooks, Leary. It is early but Hall could be “The guy” that steps up next!!! He is fast and long. Metchie out hurt during spring but will be starter when back.

Xavier and Slade dropped lot of passes last year. I get Saban wants experience on Receiver upfront and it make sense for Young... but I wouldn't be shocked to see Hall, Leary, Jones-Bell battling it up and I think Williams get passed up by Fall camp.

B-Rob and K-Rob! And Sanders! Plus...What a stable of riches!

(Saban) has maintained his speed and added size, but (Keilan) Robinson can also catch passes out the backfield.

A native of Washington, D.C., the junior will be a consistent threat next fall for Alabama.

As for Brian Robinson, Saban said the fifth-year senior will have a ‘more significant’ role.

-Anyone know if L. Ray has come back healthy for practice?!

-Excited about the competition at WR. No doubts a guy or two is going to step up that we've never seen before...

-Whats the word at ILB? Obviously Christian Harris will be a starter, but any word on the other spot? Moody, Kennedy, Lee... Freshman...?

Thanks for posting the info and articles this Spring... I hope to get back in the mix to help out soon! RTR

Back
Top Bottom