| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

JMO but this 2021 bunch will be a talented and WELL COACHED football team. The biggest question is how will the QB play when we play someone that is somebody. I would take a 2011 AJ type player this year right now.

Rule #1 QB can't beat his own team with mistakes
Rule #2 See rule #1
To win it all the QB will be required to make plays at some point. I love defense but seen to much the last 5 years to think we we can take it all w/o a playmaker at QB. Had one of the greatest D's under Saban and struggled at QB in the championship game and lost to Clemson. It was almost good enough but was not. I think Bryce will be a playmaker but yes he needs to protect the ball first and foremost.

I love defense but seen to much the last 5 years to think we we can take it all w/o a playmaker at QB.
Bama has its playmaker at QB. I know I've been screaming this from the rooftops (even before he was on campus.)

During spring ball we hear names after each practice; "_______ showed out today" kind of notes. I've heard his name about as much as I did Tua's. He had another good scrimmage yesterday.

There are quite a few takes I have on spring ball right now. There's one wish after yesterday's scrimmage.

I wish Georgia was on the schedule. I'd put the over/under on sacks at four. Since their not I'll go with this early prognostication.

Emory Jones is in for a long afternoon. Florida will be boasting about its defense going into the fall and we'll see Bryce tear up their corners. Literally, with so little depth, we'll see the offense wear them out.

Bama has its playmaker at QB. I know I've been screaming this from the rooftops (even before he was on campus.)

During spring ball we hear names after each practice; "_______ showed out today" kind of notes. I've heard his name about as much as I did Tua's. He had another good scrimmage yesterday.

There are quite a few takes I have on spring ball right now. There's one wish after yesterday's scrimmage.

I wish Georgia was on the schedule. I'd put the over/under on sacks at four. Since their not I'll go with this early prognostication.

Emory Jones is in for a long afternoon. Florida will be boasting about its defense going into the fall and we'll see Bryce tear up their corners. Literally, with so little depth, we'll see the offense wear them out.
I see you're playing well from your couch this morning

1618144493934.png

Do not think I was saying we do not have a playmaker. Was just discussing what a few people were discussing. I personally believe Bryce is a playmaker. We do not have Greg McElroy's on the roster any longer. My only question for Bryce will be his ability to protect the ball. Young guys can struggle in this area. He may very well not do so and even if he does early he will get the coaching and it would improve as he gained more experience. No different than Jones, had the 2 pick 6's against the barn. Night and day after that.

Mr Sunshine's report
quote:

The truth...

For background, Saban did same as last scrimmage and let 1 offense go against 2 defense in scrimmage and 2 offense go against 1 defense and 3 on 3s. After game part they did situations with ones going against ones and twos going against 2s and 3s going against 3s. The situations were 8 3rd down plays, try and score from 18, try and score from 3. Then the practice ended with ones against ones (4 times) and 2s against 2s (2 times) in two minute offense down 2 points from own 20. The players love this and go crazy, very intense.

As BOL said, the 1 defense dominated the scrimmage. 2 offense never scored on them. 1 offense only scored once when given the ball on 18. 1 defense shut down 1 offense on all four 2 minute tries. Defense was led by Will Anderson and Chris Allen. Harris and Moody did great at LB. Secondary led by Battle and DeMarco at safeties. Battle and Harris had huge hit! Armour-Davis and Jobe were solid and Branch too. DL was led by DJ dale, Ebiogbe and Young as well as Tim Smith and Ray. Shane Lee is playing really well with second team, and Banks and Koolaid are playing well at corner. Banks had two picks. He had a pick on Bryce in scrimmage with 1 offense going against 2 defense. He had a tipped pass pick on Paul in 3rd and 10 situational play when 2s were vs 2s.

The offensive highlights of scrimmage were led by Roydell Williams with 1s. He had a 40 yard TD run and a 2 yard TD. He had at least 100 yards, most of it with 1 offense going against 2 defense. B Rob had great 50 yard run to start scrimmage but did not play after that (Slight injury). The TEs looked fantastic and definitely stand out. Billingsly and Latu caught TD pass from Bryce.

QBs -- All 3 played well:

Bryce led 1 offense to 3 scores on 2 defense in 6 tries. Bryce had 30 yard TD to Baker on great pass and catch down sideline. Bryce had 25 yard TD to Billingsly where he caught 10 yard pass and was a beast. Williams had 40 yard run for another TD. Bryce with 1 offense against 1 D in situations had TD pass to Latu when starting from 18. That was the only score against 1 defense all day. 1 defense did not let 1 offense cross the 50 in 4 tries in 2 minute offence and had over 5 sacks. Bryce was around 50 % completion for 100 plus yards. I blame a lot on OL injuries as rush was bad going against one defense.

Paul/2-offense in 4 tries did not score on 1 defense. In situational plays 2 offense against 2 defense had success. Paul had 40 yard pass to Edwards for TD on third down situation. Edwards also had rushing TD in situational offense. Paul had one try in two minute (2s on 2s) down 2 and drove ball to 15 yard line and Will kicked FG to win game. Paul overall was around 50% completion for 100 plus yards.

Jalen with mostly 3s was much better than last scrimmage. Last scrimmage he was sacked 10 times where this scrimmage he used his legs on 2 really good runs. He also had a TD pass to Lanier who caught 20 yarder and took it to the house breaking 3 tackles. Jalen got one try at 2 minute and didn't score. He was around 50% and over 100 yards.

As for WRs, Baker and Holden had several good catches. Hall had great back shoulder with 2 offense. The freshman group on second team had several drops but they will get better. There are no freshman challenging first team as of now. TEs are the standout with Billingsley and Latu.

OLine: Well this is moving all over everywhere. The starters from left to right were Neal, T Brown, Owens, George, Randolph. Cohen did not play. Second team was Brockermeyer, Kight, Dalcourt, Seth, Latham. Neal got minor injury and Brockermeyer went to first team LT. Kight went to second team LT. As I stated earlier, either line was no match for 1 defense. Will be good to get Cohen, Emil, and Quick back.

Will was 5-5 on FGs. Scott punted really well. Perine had 2 bombs and a 30 yarder.

Team is going to be really good with great defense and the offense with everybody back will be fine.

The End

Make your reservations.............aight

Some inconsistencies in this:

"QBs -- All 3 played well" and only scored once against #1 D but more concerning would be the 50% completion rate he was quoting for all 3. Hope that is not true or at least not the full picture since it is spring and situational scrimmage.

"QBs -- All 3 played well" and only scored once against #1 D but more concerning would be the 50% completion rate he was quoting for all 3. Hope that is not true or at least not the full picture since it is spring and situational scrimmage.

Hard to be accurate throwing the ball when you're running for your life (the question is the defense(a player or two) really good or is the offense not up to speed (OL blocking). We will not know that story until Sept.

Hopefully Bama can avoid major injuries going forward

Punting and place kicking sounds positive so that is one less thing we have to worry about......

1618162742857.png

Misleading statement. I believe they did lot of redzone situations, 3rd down, etc.

Alabama's 2020 College Football Playoff national championship team will be honored at the conclusion of the 2021 Golden Flake A-Day Game that is scheduled for a noon kick on Saturday, April 17, at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

As soon as the game concludes, which is estimated to be around 2 p.m. CT, the 2020 CFP and SEC Champions will be honored at midfield. Head coach Nick Saban and quarterback Mac Jones will address the crowd and the 2020 national championship flag will be raised in the stadium.

During the game, both the Heisman Trophy and Maxwell Award will recognize their 2020 winner, DeVonta Smith. The Maxwell Award presentation is scheduled for the first quarter break while the University's copy of the Heisman Trophy will be presented to Smith at halftime.

Back
Top Bottom