| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

"We got 10 practices in now. One of the things that we want to see is individual players improve, improve their ability to play winning football fundamentals. But I also think we're trying to develop some team dynamics, some team chemistry, looking for people who put team first. Guys that understand that what you did last year really is not going to create any value for what you do this year, or help you play better this year, but it's going to be based on what you do to create positive outcomes for yourself this year by paying attention to detail, doing little things right, playing with discipline, holding each other accountable to the standards that they all know that we expect from them day in and day out, being positive, not being negative, set a good example for each other and they have great examples on this team of some of the things that we had on last year's team, which was all about intangibles, it was all about leadership, it was all about holding people accountable. So I think that's part of the development that we want to have in spring practice as a team, as well as just running plays improving learning assignments, learning what to do, how to do it, why it's important to do it that way. And I do see improvement.

So this bunch is living off last year still.............Aight

Nick on trying to sell us a bill of goods on how he and the staff missed on ILBers 3 years back.................Aight

ON JAYLEN MOODY'S RECRUITMENT...​

"Jaylen Moody was a guy that we had on the radar screen that initially we didn’t recruit, we liked. We had a need at linebacker and we really liked some of the things that he did and we actually took him late. He has been a very positive guy on our team, he’s been a core player on special teams. He’s got a great attitude; he plays with a lot of energy. Now he has an opportunity to start and he’s certainly taken advantage of that. We’re happy that he’s here and he’s doing a good job for us."

Who are the ones? I know Evan Neal and Ekiyor are there, along with Owens most likely. Who fills out the rest?
There may be half of the ones we can point to as starters now. May be.

We won't know who's on the offensive line until fall. They habitually change rotations through fall camp.
We can put Metchie and Slade in, who is #3 and #4? We don't know yet.
Who starts at running back? We don't know. It may be B-Rob, but there's as good of a chance Jase makes his way there.
Young, no doubt.

See what I mean? In my view it's too early. In a few days we'll say "looks like the starter coming out of spring ball" but that's "spring ball."

"We got 10 practices in now. One of the things that we want to see is individual players improve, improve their ability to play winning football fundamentals. But I also think we're trying to develop some team dynamics, some team chemistry, looking for people who put team first. Guys that understand that what you did last year really is not going to create any value for what you do this year, or help you play better this year, but it's going to be based on what you do to create positive outcomes for yourself this year by paying attention to detail, doing little things right, playing with discipline, holding each other accountable to the standards that they all know that we expect from them day in and day out, being positive, not being negative, set a good example for each other and they have great examples on this team of some of the things that we had on last year's team, which was all about intangibles, it was all about leadership, it was all about holding people accountable. So I think that's part of the development that we want to have in spring practice as a team, as well as just running plays improving learning assignments, learning what to do, how to do it, why it's important to do it that way. And I do see improvement.
Versus the transcript with proper punctuation, paragraphs, etc.

We've got 10 practices in now and one of the things that we want to see is individual players improve -- improve their ability of play winning football. But I also think we're trying to develop some team dynamics, and team chemistry. Looking for people who put the team first, guys that understand what you did last year really is not going to create value for what you do this year or help you play better this year, but it's going to be based on what you do to create positive outcomes for yourself this year by paying attention to detail, doing things right, playing with discipline, holding each other accountable to a standard that they all know that we expect from them day in and day out, being positive and not being negative, set a good example for each other.

They have great examples on this team from last year's team, which was all about intangibles. It was all about leadership. It was all about holding people accountable. I think that's part of the development that we want to have in spring practice as a team, as well as just running plays, improving, learning assignments, learning what to do, how to do it, why it's important to do with that way.

They have great examples on this team from last year's team, which was all about intangibles

Versus

So this bunch is living off last year still.............Aight

There may be half of the ones we can point to as starters now. May be.

We won't know who's on the offensive line until fall. They habitually change rotations through fall camp.
We can put Metchie and Slade in, who is #3 and #4? We don't know yet.
Who starts at running back? We don't know. It may be B-Rob, but there's as good of a chance Jase makes his way there.
Young, no doubt.

See what I mean? In my view it's too early. In a few days we'll say "looks like the starter coming out of spring ball" but that's "spring ball."
It APPEARS there is true competition at many many positions and that is great. I guess the question is is the competition due to high talent guys or is the current starter not great thus the competition the result of two average players? The 2nd scrimmage of fall will give us a larger indication of starters but this A Day should be fun.

Versus the transcript with proper punctuation, paragraphs, etc.

We've got 10 practices in now and one of the things that we want to see is individual players improve -- improve their ability of play winning football. But I also think we're trying to develop some team dynamics, and team chemistry. Looking for people who put the team first, guys that understand what you did last year really is not going to create value for what you do this year or help you play better this year, but it's going to be based on what you do to create positive outcomes for yourself this year by paying attention to detail, doing things right, playing with discipline, holding each other accountable to a standard that they all know that we expect from them day in and day out, being positive and not being negative, set a good example for each other.

They have great examples on this team from last year's team, which was all about intangibles. It was all about leadership. It was all about holding people accountable. I think that's part of the development that we want to have in spring practice as a team, as well as just running plays, improving, learning assignments, learning what to do, how to do it, why it's important to do with that way.

Versus
Cowboy you're messing up my story.

It APPEARS there is true competition at many many positions and that is great. I guess the question is is the competition due to high talent guys or is the current starter not great thus the competition the result of two average players? The 2nd scrimmage of fall will give us a larger indication of starters but this A Day should be fun.
When have we ever learned anything from A-day or spring ball? Seriously. All we get in what's basically a pencil sketch. We're starting to get the picture but there's still so much we can't say. IE: IF To'o To'o arrives on Bama where does the rotation of the ILB end up? Shuffled.

The three frosh WR's are starting to flash in drills. So have many others who fizzled out when the ball is snapped.

I like the speculation, don't get me wrong. I don't think it's time to start writing starters in ink (with the exception of a few.)

# 9 on defense has been warned

-- Asked about safety Jordan Battle, Saban spoke a lot about personal responsibility. “People have to earn the right to be leaders,” Saban said. “They have to do things right themselves. They can’t be late for meetings and not do things exactly right. They have to set a good example for others … That’s his choice. That’s a lot of people’s choice on the team.”

Hmmmm

1617918274250.png

Cowboy you're messing up my story.

# 9 on defense has been warned

-- Asked about safety Jordan Battle, Saban spoke a lot about personal responsibility. “People have to earn the right to be leaders,” Saban said. “They have to do things right themselves. They can’t be late for meetings and not do things exactly right. They have to set a good example for others … That’s his choice. That’s a lot of people’s choice on the team.”

Hmmmm

View attachment 17369
This one ISN'T your story, it's AL.com misquoting; specifically leaving out something really important. They left out the first sentence.

Jordan Battle does a good job. He plays a lot of good football, but it's going to be up to him as to how he wants to accept the role of leadership -- how assertive he wants to be. People have to earn the right to be leaders. They have to do things right themselves. They can't be late for meetings.

An interesting note. Make of it what you will.

Koolaid has been running with the 2's at corner this spring; corner. He's also been attending a lot of the receiver meetings. Some will speculate he may be reps there. I'm inclined to believe he's studying patterns. 🤷‍♂️

This one ISN'T your story, it's AL.com misquoting; specifically leaving out something really important. They left out the first sentence.

Jordan Battle does a good job. He plays a lot of good football, but it's going to be up to him as to how he wants to accept the role of leadership -- how assertive he wants to be. People have to earn the right to be leaders. They have to do things right themselves. They can't be late for meetings.

This is the time to address it!

Some dudes aren't cut out for the leadership role... I guess we'll find out soon if he's one of them.

I'm sticking to my theory that he's going to shape up and blow up this year to be a 1st rounder

@Tidestalker I believe you're missing my point there. The comment was as much related to something Josey and I were laughing about yesterday and AL.com trying to make a story.

Saban is sending him a message. He does it every spring.

Every spring I find my tired meter growing...from media reports and their speculation to how things get overblown in interpretation. The first scrimmage was situational focused on offense. There's not a lot to take away from that. We saw people talking about Bryce not having an INT. That wasn't true. It's grain of salt stuff most of the time.

This guy has to be the President of the Alabama Football Sunshine Only Club (dues are free I understand)

quote:

The truth... Quick update... Team will practice today then scrimmage in stadium tomorrow, next week they will practice on Tuesday and Thursday then ADAY on Saturday which will be the end of spring.

I will get specifics out on scrimmage tomorrow then spring recap after ADAY as things change over the last two weeks. Most is set but....

OL has the most movement. Still a lot of moving parts on 1st and 2nd team. Coaches want the best five on the field and have plenty of options. Owens, Ekiyor, and Neal will start. Brown, Randolph, Cohen and George are also working with the 1st team. The current 2nd team (L-R) is T Brockermeyer, Kight, Dalcourt, McLaughlin, Latham. Ferguson and Bowles not far behind. Potential starters from second team would be Quick when he returns, Latham, or Tommy Brockermeyer.

Nobody has been able to stop Will Anderson and Chris Allen from the outside or Harris up the middle blitzing. They might be along with Moody (Or Lee or freshman) the best group ever at Alabama or at least in a long time. And our DL has 9 players that would start for most top 10 teams.

Armour -Davis and Jobe have been doing great in practice but coaches working hard on developing corner depth. See previous posts and more to come this spring and summer. We are one lock down corner away from THE TRUTH DEFENSE!
One interesting point to follow is what happens when Moore returns...That will be determined this summer in 7-7 and fall camp. Armour-Davis, Jobe, Battle, Hellams, and Branch starting now.

In spring game you will see that defense is way ahead unless 1 offense goes against 2 defense or 2 offense goes against 3 defense. Or they play cover 2 and don't blitz much. Defense is REALLY good!

Print the shirts

This works for me :). Team has a lot of moving pieces to develop but you know the talent is there. Does not guarantee anything but it is a great place to start.
JMO but this 2021 bunch will be a talented and WELL COACHED football team. The biggest question is how will the QB play when we play someone that is somebody. I would take a 2011 AJ type player this year right now.

Rule #1 QB can't beat his own team with mistakes
Rule #2 See rule #1

JMO but this 2021 bunch will be a talented and WELL COACHED football team. The biggest question is how will the QB play when we play someone that is somebody. I would take a 2011 AJ type player this year right now.

Rule #1 QB can't beat his own team with mistakes
Rule #2 See rule #1
We have seen so many teams with dynamic QBs.....hoping ours will be so this year...but can’t complain about the ones we have put on field.....

Back
Top Bottom