| GAME THREAD šŸˆ A-Day, 2024 šŸˆ Recaps, opinions, and reports.

Is Otis about to hit the portal tomorrow? I saw this info from back in March for KD as far as Otis.

The Alabama football team has had some talented players emerge as true freshmen over the years, and Jeheim Oatis is a recent one the Crimson Tide are hoping can continue to progress.

But Oatis has had a quiet spring so far for the Crimson Tide. On Thursday, coach Kalen DeBoer was asked about Oatisā€™ injury status.

Do whaaaaaaaaaa??

Still say that Simpson is a more polished passer. He made one throw down the field that was a lame duck that I saw. It was picked, but fortunately the DB was out of bounds.

Now, there's something to say about actual game experience and Milroe has ice water in the veins in that department. Should be an interesting portal/summer/fall camp leading up to the first game

I also didn't realize Mack was 17 years old. I assumed he was 19 or so and was a RS freshman.

@Brandon Van de Graaff and I watched from the North Field Suites yesterday. In all honesty we spent too much time putting a hurting on the Chicken fingers, Hot Dog and Nacho bar. The way the format was, it was really hard to get a feel for how well we performed. As he and I watched we talked about how it being a tale of two halves. Simply put, play calling probably gave the Offense the advantage and the vice versa to allow the defense to have an advantage (like a video game, Brandon's analogy). Lot of other factors being that the team will not look like this come fall. They are still implementing the system , hence no special teams play. Heck I didn't even know that we used 3 separate kickers until I got home and looked at the stats. I liken this to Kiffin's first year as our OC. That spring game was horrendous and everyone thought we were doomed. I don't feel we are doomed, but this spring game showed me about as much as the spring of 2014.

Highlight of the afternoon was rammerjammer talking zero turn mowers with Landon Dickerson.

Now, there's something to say about actual game experience and Milroe has ice water in the veins in that department. Should be an interesting portal/summer/fall camp leading up to the first game
I expect to see at least one hit the portal. I'll agree with you here.

However, I don't look at one QB over the others in a single practice. I didn't see any of the three having a bad day this past Saturday.

Quite frankly, any comparison between the three? I feel it is misplaced. Milroe was against the 1's all day. Simpson was going against mix of 1's, 2's, and 3's. Dylan just scrimmaged against the 2's and 3's. I do not disagree that Simpson and Lonergan looked better: but it HAS to be taken in context.

How can you judge Mack when he was working with a lot of walk-on offensive linemen with the 3's?

I know I say this every year. I know I'll say it against next year. It remains true. You can't accurately judge a QB when he's wearing a black jersey.

However, I don't look at one QB over the others in a single practice. I didn't see any of the three having a bad day this past Saturday.

Quite frankly, any comparison between the three? I feel it is misplaced. Milroe was against the 1's all day. Simpson was going against mix of 1's, 2's, and 3's. Dylan just scrimmaged against the 2's and 3's. I do not disagree that Simpson and Lonergan looked better: but it HAS to be taken in context.

How can you judge Mack when he was working with a lot of walk-on offensive linemen with the 3's?

I know I say this every year. I know I'll say it against next year. It remains true. You can't accurately judge a QB when he's wearing a black jersey.
Right about the black jersey. Hard to get real reps without a real game.

Especially...when escapability is a trait of difference....
Lot of difference between being touched and being 6-3 240lbs and trying to be tackled

That's cool. I am glad we didn't end up with a Bobby Bowden type situation with Coach Saban. I think it's awesome of CKD to allow Coach Saban to have access to the team like he has. CKD appears to really have embraced Alabama Football. Here's to many more wins, championships and keeping the cow college down.

Saw a clip yesterday on Twitter from a podcast where the Beta Male King of Kings, Pat Forde was cringing over Saban attending A-Day. Basically implying that it was concerning and heā€™d be worried if he was DeBoer. You have to try, hard, to get that out of touch with the realities of the situation. But, not at all surprising coming from he/him.

Saw a clip yesterday on Twitter from a podcast where the Beta Male King of Kings, Pat Forde was cringing over Saban attending A-Day. Basically implying that it was concerning and heā€™d be worried if he was DeBoer. You have to try, hard, to get that out of touch with the realities of the situation. But, not at all surprising coming from he/him.

Yeah, anyone who does a smidge of investigation can see how obvious it is that this Alabama team is under a new HC & it's his program. Those asshats that chose not to see basic details were never seeing the basic things of CNS either.

We have players getting the imprints around Denny Chimes. Their head coach is there with them. OH MY!!!
We have a team getting their SEC Championship rings and they shared the day with their head coach. OH MY!!!

At least part of the fan base is continuing the tradition of the off season by talking about some really stupid shit: and starting early!

Well, Pat has to have a value to someone
When it comes to covering a specific event, or a football topic, I think he's pretty good at his job. Then, when he steps the slightest bit out of that role, things go downhill quickly.

Three years ago, maybe four, he had a regular spot on the College Football Live podcast. I thought he was good in that role.

Back
Top Bottom