| GAME THREAD šŸˆ A-Day, 2024 šŸˆ Recaps, opinions, and reports.

That was happening under CNS the last few years.
October 3rd, 2012, Nick Saban: "Is this what you want football to be?"
April 20th, 2024, me: "This is what football is, today."

I think this makes the third, maybe fourth time, I've mentioned this; rival fans have a better understanding of what's going on in Tuscaloosa than a lot of Bama fans.

It's a shock that the offense is leading the way? You know, DeBoer's offense was one yard shy of leading the NCAA in passing for back to back years and people are wondering why the offense is performing at this level?

I said this last year, said it earlier this year, and I stand by it today; "We will see Jalen in NYC."

Just for chits and giggles...a comparison. Here's are some numbers with Michael Penix Jr. and Jalen Milroe at the same point in their careers:

Which one of these is Penix, Jr.?
Screenshot 2024-04-20 5.42.18 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 5.41.47 AM.png

Until I see sufficient reason to adopt a pessimistic attitude towards the fall...I'll leave that to you guys. I'm simply exercising the tenants of K.I.S.S.

October 3rd, 2012, Nick Saban: "Is this what you want football to be?"
April 20th, 2024, me: "This is what football is, today."

I think this makes the third, maybe fourth time, I've mentioned this; rival fans have a better understanding of what's going on in Tuscaloosa than a lot of Bama fans.

It's a shock that the offense is leading the way? You know, DeBoer's offense was one yard shy of leading the NCAA in passing for back to back years and people are wondering why the offense is performing at this level?

I said this last year, said it earlier this year, and I stand by it today; "We will see Jalen in NYC."

Just for chits and giggles...a comparison. Here's are some numbers with Michael Penix Jr. and Jalen Milroe at the same point in their careers:

Which one of these is Penix, Jr.?
View attachment 27741
View attachment 27740

Until I see sufficient reason to adopt a pessimistic attitude towards the fall...I'll leave that to you guys. I'm simply exercising the tenants of K.I.S.S.
Based on yds/g I believe the bottom is Penix. You are right this is what football is today.

Old school in me still expects more out of he D than we have seen. I thought last year was better but I saw somewhere where we gave up something like 115 yds/g against the run. That is about double what I think it should be if you are controlling the line of scrimmage. We have not seen for sometime where the opposing team just abandoned the run because they knew it would be impossible to do so.

And by the way ...

As fans, we only seen a small glimpse of the offense to this point. How much motion and mis-direction did you see in that practice? Little. And that's one of the core components of DeBoer's offense.

And by the way ...

As fans, we only seen a small glimpse of the offense to this point. How much motion and mis-direction did you see in that practice? Little. And that's one of the core components of DeBoer's offense.
Terry you know I have been one tapping the breaks on year one but it is not because I doubt CKD. It is just because it takes time to get comfortable with a new system. They will get better and better as the year goes on but early on might be some hiccups. Year two would be a whole new ballgame as they would have a year under their belt in his system. I hope I am wrong and they get it from game one. They certainly have the talent. As usual I am more concerned about the D. Tackling to start with :),

Last edited:
Terry you know I have been one tapping the breaks on year one but it is not because I doubt CKD. It is just because it takes time to get comfortable with a new system. They will get better and berter as the year goes on but early on might be some hiccups. Year two would be a whole new ballgame as they would have a year under their belt in his system. I hope I am wrong and they get it from game one. They certainly have the talent. As usual I am more concerned about the D. Tackling to start with :),
I get that a change in systems usually takes some time but I don't think this is the usual situation. System changes often take multiple seasons due to the type of personnel not being optimal for the new system so a coach has to get his type athletes in place for his system to work properly. CKD said he adapts his system to the personnel he has and what he has is more talent than he's ever had. I think year one will be fine and by fine I mean competing for sec and national championships as Alabama has done in recent years, not much of a drop off if any.

Back
Top Bottom