| FTBL šŸˆ Spring Practice - 2019 : A few names are emerging as leaders

Footballā€™s Second Scrimmage of Spring in the Books - University of Alabama Athletics

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. ā€“ The Alabama football team completed its second scrimmage of the spring Saturday afternoon inside Bryant-Denny Stadium in a two-hour session.

"The guys that have played around here and have been good players, know how to compete, they've been in big arenas before, they have mental toughness, they play with discipline," Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. "We have a high expectation for how those guys play, and those guys don't disappoint us. They didn't disappoint us today. The big thing that we wanted to see today was we have a lot of young players on our team that have a chance to contribute to the team and play winning football. I think the biggest thing that we've been trying to emphasize with them is the mental part of the game is so important. Your ability to focus, mental intensity, your ability to prepare properly, so you know what to do, how to do it, why it's important to do it that way, and we were anxious to see more guys be able to go out there and play with the kind of intangibles that would allow them to play winning football. Now I haven't watched the film yet, but I wasn't totally pleased with the way some of those guys made improvement and came along. It's a work in progress, so wherever they are, we are going to keep working with them and try to get them where they need to be. We were hopeful that we would make a little more progress."

The scrimmage lasted roughly 135 plays under sunny skies and temperatures in the high 70s. The Crimson Tide will have Sunday and Monday off before returning to practice on Tuesday and Thursday next week to make final preparations for Saturday's A-Day Game.

Alabama's 2019 A-Day Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 13, at 1 p.m. CT inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. The A-Day Game is once again free to the public and will be televised live on ESPN2.

In observing Coach Saban over the years he usually is a pretty straight shooter and if you really listen he tells you his view of the teams. A lot of times it gets dismissed as coach speak. This is an interesting quote -

We were hopeful that we would make a little more progress.

Hopefully between now and the first game that will get corrected.

Back
Top Bottom