| NEWS Slade announces he's leaving for the NFL

Yeah, this one's a little weird to me. He's a late-round pick at best and he isn't going to wow anyone at the combine. IDK I guess he just figured he wouldn't improve his stock with another year so might as well go and try to make a roster now?
I don't say this in a negative way... But maybe he's shown everything he can do? Reminds me of the Vinnie Sunseri departure... Except I can't remember if he was healthy or not?

Basically, Slade is healthy and has proven he can do a number of things. He's pretty dependable. At one point this season, it appeared that his backup was emerging for more playing time.... Coming back isn't a guarantee he can prove more or even play more... Leaving now as a healthy, productive, and versatile player appears to be best for everyone

I don't say this in a negative way... But maybe he's shown everything he can do? Reminds me of the Vinnie Sunseri departure... Except I can't remember if he was healthy or not?

Basically, Slade is healthy and has proven he can do a number of things. He's pretty dependable. At one point this season, it appeared that his backup was emerging for more playing time.... Coming back isn't a guarantee he can prove more or even play more... Leaving now as a healthy, productive, and versatile player appears to be best for everyone
I tend to agree with this. He may have done all he can do at Bama and next year might be a step back for him if he came back. Certainly could use a reliable experienced receiver but he was not one that struck fear in DC's minds.

No, you're probably right honestly.

Now watch, the Patriots are gonna draft him in the sixth round and he ends up being Wes Welker Pt. II or something lol

No to rehash what has already been said, but... yeah, his ceiling is what it is at this point in terms of a pro prospect. He's already got his masters degree on the academic side. He will get a shot with an NFL team... maybe he'll make it. I hope so... he brought a lot to the table for this team other than some big grabs on Saturdays. I can certainly see him enjoying an easy and well compensated life on some practice squads at the worst if he chooses. If not, he will have zero issues making hay in the business world. And for those curious, Saban was supportive of his decision.

With the receivers signed last year and the new receivers just signed on in Dec, he may not get much pt this coming season.

Yeah, I thought that this year, too. If Jo Jo had been able to field punts, Slade wouldn't have been back there. Great hands, very reliable, but it always felt like he was a placeholder.

I wish him the very best, but I wonder if he's quick enough to be that possession slot guy in the NFL.

Yeah, I thought that this year, too. If Jo Jo had been able to field punts, Slade wouldn't have been back there. Great hands, very reliable, but it always felt like he was a placeholder.

I wish him the very best, but I wonder if he's quick enough to be that possession slot guy in the NFL.
Also Jo Jo had an injury and was out several weeks. Otherwise Slade could have lost some reps this year.

Back
Top Bottom