| NEWS Slade announces he's leaving for the NFL

As you know, I haven't been a Bolden fan. He doesn't get open and gets minimal yards after the catch. He catches punts, but doesn't produce any significant return yards (and usually hops up and claps the ball as if he's saying "oh, I almost broke that one.").

I don't expect him to deliver a stellar performance at the NFL Combine (if he's even invited) and won't stand out at Alabama's Pro Day. I'll be surprised if he's even drafted.

All that being said, I wish him well and thank him for his contribution to Alabama's success.

As you know, I haven't been a Bolden fan. He doesn't get open and gets minimal yards after the catch. He catches punts, but doesn't produce any significant return yards (and usually hops up and claps the ball as if he's saying "oh, I almost broke that one.").

I don't expect him to deliver a stellar performance at the NFL Combine (if he's even invited) and won't stand out at Alabama's Pro Day. I'll be surprised if he's even drafted.

All that being said, I wish him well and thank him for his contribution to Alabama's success.
Echo most of this as well, wish him the best, just don't see him doing anything if he couldn't even get separation against some mediocre coverage players in college.

Yep...the coming back bunch....along with QB n the terminator....
Making for a positive 2022.....now 2023 will be another story
Turner will be on the D also. If Harris would come back that would be huge. Said in another thread just need to shore up OL and WR. Need real playmakers at WR. Saw where Hall will be at Bama and not enter the portal. Of course he has to prove he can do the right things. Maybe him getting to play in the NC has helped his mentality although that could change quickly.

Turner will be on the D also. If Harris would come back that would be huge. Said in another thread just need to shore up OL and WR. Need real playmakers at WR. Saw where Hall will be at Bama and not enter the portal. Of course he has to prove he can do the right things. Maybe him getting to play in the NC has helped his mentality although that could change quickly.
See the ball...catch the ball...

That’s good stuff Old Player. My brother and I have laughed at the same thing about Slade getting up showing signs of frustration on the verge of breaking one and taking it to the house. Pretty funny.

Sure there is..get to play football again...for a NC with bama
Just looking at it through the lens if I were a player. My big three personal goals would be this:

-Obtain a degree while on a full ride scholarship.
-Help win a championship of some sort (conference or national title).
-Showcase talent at an elite program and contribute to a point of starting.

Slade pretty much checked all of these boxes. As an individual, he has nothing more really to accomplish. Also, while it could be beneficial for him to return, there is the threat of injury with his usage rate being higher. He would certainly have a bigger role on offense and be used in special teams.

Alabama will be fine.

I can certainly see him enjoying an easy and well compensated life on some practice squads at the worst

That is what I see. With his athletic ability, I figure he might make a 53 man roster for a season or 2 and then head up a practice squad for several years. If that scenario plays out, it could set him up to have a pretty good life w/o having to grind like the rest of us in the real world.

That is what I see. With his athletic ability, I figure he might make a 53 man roster for a season or 2 and then head up a practice squad for several years. If that scenario plays out, it could set him up to have a pretty good life w/o having to grind like the rest of us in the real world.

And with a Masters in Management, he'll probably have some doors open for him post-football.

Why so stressed about Slade leaving.. I mean he has master, and he's ready to move on... Maybe get ready to settle down with someone special.
Dont think anyone is stressed about him ,...or anyone else ....leaving...

See how he plays out in draft...if he makes it...great...
If..not...
He be ok with his education....

Just organized football is a fleeting thing...not like other sports...whenits gone..its gone

Back
Top Bottom