| GAME THREAD šŸ† SEC Championship ~ Alabama vs Georgia: CBS

Haven't looked at any other replies/posts/threads yet, so I'm sure much of this has been mentioned...

First off, what a damn day/night!

Bama needed to play their A game and they did. We saw it in the Ole Miss game (especially first half) and at MSU. They had it in them. Saban admitted it, but it wasn't a secret that they used the media to motivate the team this week, something they are rarely in position to do. This is a young team that responds well to that sort of thing (like they did with Ole Miss week). It's not Saban's favorite way to motivate, but he knows what works with this group.

Brian Robinson is a warrior. He didn't play hurt, he played injured, and did so when most wouldn't. He hardly took a practice rep all week, then went out there and didn't just play, but played well.

IMO, Seth McLaughin took over the starting center spot today. Dude stepped in, handled the calls well, and played a hell of a game considering a) it was his 1st start, and b) he went up against some monsters. He might not be Tyler Linderbaum, but I'm not sure Linderbaum could have done much better than Seth did in this one.

Chris Owens also deserves some kudos. Played his best game when it was needed the most.

I didn't think the Bama OL would hold up against UGA. I was dead wrong on that. O'Brien and the staff did some things to get the ball out quick and get Bryce moving some, which was needed. But still, the line played incredible.

Like it or not, Heisman voters put way too much emphasis on championship weekend. It should be a part of it, but not completely make or break like some make it out to be. Good news is, even though he deserved it regardless, Bryce ended that discussion. There will be people who don't vote for him #1, and probably a handful of dolts that leave him off their ballots entirely for whatever reasons, but the Mal Moore building is about to have to make room for Heisman #4.

Losing Metchie is yet another gut punch this team will have to deal with. Good thing is, they've got 4 weeks to get Brooks and Holden prepared. Baker will have a chance too, if he wants it.

Said earlier this week that Bama was coming off of 2 physical games, including an overtime game last week. UGA was coming off of 2 cupcakes. That was a concern. Watching the game, you'd have thought it was the reverse.

UGA won 1st quarter yardage 159-46. They went up 10-0 early in the 2nd quarter. I think they thought it was over (I know their dumbass fans did). Bama won 2nd quarter yardage 319-61. UGA never really recovered from those 2nd quarter haymakers.

Looking ahead, I assume Bama will get Cincy in Dallas. UGA will have a more physical matchup with Michigan. I'd expect a Bama/UGA rematch, but Bama has to keep their focus against Cincy. And Michigan can give UGA all they want if they play well and have a good plan on offense. If Bama and UGA do meet in Indy, and Bama wins, I'm not sure that Kirby can recover from that. Will be a lot of pressure on him/them. But first things, first...

Roll Tide!

It seems likely but I don't think it's happened more than a few times. Can anyone name a team that Bama's beaten in back to back season with the same score in both games?

...a few pictures to fully document GA fans for the thread's posterity.

Attachments

• sad ga fans 06.jpg
    sad ga fans 06.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 14
  • sad ga fans 05.jpg
    sad ga fans 05.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 15
  • sad ga fans 04.jpg
    sad ga fans 04.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 14
  • sad ga fans 03.jpg
    sad ga fans 03.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 14
  • sad ga fans 02.jpg
    sad ga fans 02.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 12
  • sad ga fans 01.jpg
    sad ga fans 01.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 13
Dropping by to say hi.

Hell of a game yesterday. Alabama sure gave Georgia something to think about. Seems UGAs quarterback is taking most of the heat, hell to me their defense was the big no show yesterday. 0 sacks...who'd have thought that defense would shit the bed against Alabama's struggling offensive line.

Loved Coach Saban's comment at the presser.

Friday we were at the Eastern Washington vs Montana playoff game. Eastern Washington's QB threw 80 passes.

All is well here, just enjoying some time away from all things social media šŸ˜‰.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Roll Tide

Back
Top Bottom