| MBB/WBB đźŹ† 🏀 : Women's SEC Championship Tournament: March 6-10 ~ UofSC vs LSU : Top seeds meet for SEC Tournament Championship

I like Barker’s game! She definitely has a better one than her Dad ever did out at the REC. We used to wear his ass out in pick up games!!

Curry hasn't done a bad job at all given Alabama women's basketball is a pretty bad program, but I do wish she'd retire and Byrne go after someone better.

I think she's under contract through 2027, which would give her 14 years in the system. It would put her at 61 too. I could easily see her heading off into the sunset + or - a year from that 2027 date.

Well a 5 year SEC head coach embarrasses an 11 year SEC head coach by 20+ points. Curry has 2 major problems. She can’t recruit and can’t make in-game adjustments. On a positive note. They don’t have to play South Carolina. RTR.

GREENVILLE, S.C. – The No.4 seed Alabama women's basketball team fell to No. 5 seed Tennessee, 83-61, in the quarterfinals of the 2024 Southeastern Conference Women's Basketball Tournament Friday afternoon.

The Crimson Tide (23-9, 10-6 SEC) was led by Sarah Ashlee Barker's 17 points, seven rebounds and five assists, while Loyal McQueen added 15 points and four rebounds. Karly Weathers led the Tide on defense, finishing with five rebounds and a game-high four steals, to go along with nine points.

Jewel Spear led the Lady Vols (19-11, 10-6 SEC) with 24 points, connecting on all six of her three-point attempts, while Rickea Jackson added 22 points and nine rebounds in the win.

Head Coach Kristy Curry Postgame Comments

"I think Tennessee played great today. Rickea Jackson and Jewel Spear played well, and they were a handful for us. We never found a solution for those two today and then we didn't rebound the ball like we did when we played them in Tuscaloosa. I think on a day like today, a lot of times you come in here and talk about what you don't do, but I think you give credit to Tennessee today. I don't want today to take away from what these kids accomplished in the regular season with 23 wins. There's a lot of competitors and a lot of teary eyes in the locker room right now, but at the end of the day, I'm looking forward to Selection Sunday with this group because I'm proud of who they've been all year long."

Will the LSU Ladies

wait-a-minute-no.gif

Say/think what you will about the games we watched with Pat's UT teams vs Geno's UCONN teams when you look at this SECC game.

Has there been a collegiate sport that has changed as dramatically as women's basketball?

Back
Top Bottom