| FTBL Season will hinge on Wilson's play

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
"He's working a lot harder than what I've ever seen him work," Johnson said. "There are times when we're coming off the field for 7-on-7 he asks me, 'Were you reading my eyes? Did you know where I was going with that ball?' Crisper passes. A lot more precision, and he's doing a great job of looking the middle-field safety off from where he's going with the ball."

Read the rest here

I think our season does ride on the shoulders of John Parker Wilson. It is nice to see that he is becoming a leader of the team. But I also wonder what kind of leash he going to have this year and if Coach Saban is going to put with the same mistakes as before.

The way I see it if we have a soild running game. (Unlike the last 6 years) then the QB will have all the time in the world to complete the pass. If we have soild line play we will be fine. If not you will see "Airball" Wison being sacked over and over.

I hope this is the year that we turn the corner with the offense. We were really close 2 years ago, but the spotty line play and no run game cost us the LSU and the Auburn game that year. I don't think we've had a consistent line since fRAN's last season.

bamaupsman said:
I hope this is the year that we turn the corner with the offense. We were really close 2 years ago, but the spotty line play and no run game cost us the LSU and the Auburn game that year. I don't think we've had a consistent line since fRAN's last season.
Oops. 3 years ago. Sorry.

bamaboyinmn said:
I think our season does ride on the shoulders of John Parker Wilson. It is nice to see that he is becoming a leader of the team. But I also wonder what kind of leash he going to have this year and if Coach Saban is going to put with the same mistakes as before.

JPW is our QB so he has a very VERY long leash. Did you watch last season by chance?

Back
Top Bottom