| FTBL Let's go ahead and say it, RE: This week's opponent ...

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Tey-haus is an SEC game by default. They're joining our league next year, anyway.

If anything, it's an SEC-lite match-up, a precursor... If you will.

Some observations:

Our "biggest uglies ever" on the OL didn't quite get the push in the run game that you'd expect from 3 of the 5 OL tipping the scales at over a metric ton, collectively. I know we're still building cohesiveness, and it was only week one. I'd grade their performance yesterday a B+.

Jalen did great, and is much improved from last year's "legs trust factor". Don't get me wrong, he's explosive on his feet. He did what was asked last year. But you know that we are ALL wondering if he was going to tuck and bail after his first read was covered. He did NOT.

When required, he made some great plays with his feet.

But, he also showed great poise in the pocket yesterday as well. Patient. Didn't even shift IN the pocket much at all when he felt pressure. Stayed home.

The only issue I see that's going to be a big bugaboo really quick is that he was telegraphing his passes. You, me, my 11-year - old step son could tell where he was going with the ball at the snap.

He's going to have to develop a little of "looking the safeties off" really quick. As in... Getting in that mindset TODAY during film study.

I'd grade him an A-.

Defensively, we did decently as well. Not a huge fan of how MTSU was able to move the chains on us a few times. It's like we got up two scores and hit cruise control. Gap and leverage assignments were missed.

Bottom line, we did well... For week one. Checked a LOT of boxes, answered a LOT of questions.

However, we're getting tested at breakneck pace from week one to this week.

Here's to hoping the OL Shores things up a bit and that JM continues to develop his vision for the purpose of scanning the field.

Hopefully our D continues to develop that killer instinct that keeps boots on necks and doesn't let up until the clock hits 00:00.

Last edited:
Tey-haus is an SEC game by default. They're joining our league next year, anyway.

Some observations:

Our "biggest uglies ever" on the OL didn't quite get the push in the run game that you'd expect from 3 of the 5 OL tipping the scales at over a metric ton, collectively. I know we're still building cohesiveness, and it was only week one. I'd grade their performance yesterday a B+.

Jalen did great, and is much improved from last year's "legs trust factor". Don't get me wrong, he's explosive on his feet. He did what was asked last year. But you know that we are ALL wondering if he was going to tuck and bail after his first read was covered. He did NOT.

But, he also showed great poise in the pocket yesterday as well. Patient. Didn't even shift IN the pocket much at all when he felt pressure. Stayed home.

The only issue I see that's going to be a big bugaboo really quick is that he was telegraphing his passes. You, me, my 11-year - old step son could tell where he was going with the ball at the snap.

He's going to have to develop a little of "looking the safeties off" really quick. As in... Getting in that mindset TODAY during film study.

I'd grade him an A-.

Defensively, we did decently as well. Not a huge fan of how MTSU was able to move the chains on us a few times. It's like we got up two scores and hit cruise control. Gap and leverage assignments were missed.

Bottom line, we did well... For week one. Checked a LOT of boxes, answered a LOT of questions.

Here's to hoping the OL Shores things up a bit and that JM continued to develop his vision for the purpose of scanning the field.

Hopefully our D continues to develop that killer instinct that keeps boots on necks and doesn't let up until the clock hits 00:00.
However, we're getting tested at breakneck pace from week one to this week. - You can say the same thing about Texas. I watched quite a bit of that game & Rice was giving them all that they wanted. This week should answer a lot of questions for both teams.

I saw a Bama team that was generally improved from last year but with the penatlies cleaned up. That will be good enough to win most games as it would have been last year. Milroe was better but still held the ball longer but it did not cost him againt MTSU. Lets face it what happens when the pressure cooker gets turned up and the pressure comes faster with better coverage. OL/DL have work to do in my view. MTSU is one game, lets improve and work towards becoming a better more consistent football team.

A very good first start now on to the next one.

Some observations:

I'd grade him an A-.

Here's to hoping the OL Shores things up a bit and that JM continues to develop his vision for the purpose of scanning the field.

I honestly have zero concerns with him looking at a receiver. The reason why is two things...one, we have better athletes and I like our one on one ability, and two, if that option ain't there he has the ability to rip off a 50 yard run. It's almost telling you to pick your poison and we'll beat you the other way. It's not an NFL trait, but I'm not all that interested in talking about Milroe's draft status as a sophomore. He has the arm strength to look at a receiver and get him the ball, still. I feel Joe Milton is the same way, just has that extra arm strength that can make up for other developmental issues.

I honestly have zero concerns with him looking at a receiver. The reason why is two things...one, we have better athletes and I like our one on one ability, and two, if that option ain't there he has the ability to rip off a 50 yard run. It's almost telling you to pick your poison and we'll beat you the other way. It's not an NFL trait, but I'm not all that interested in talking about Milroe's draft status as a sophomore. He has the arm strength to look at a receiver and get him the ball, still. I feel Joe Milton is the same way, just has that extra arm strength that can make up for other developmental issues.
Not a good take.

Dude, you KNOW defenses will start learning his tendency and bracket his primary read.

Then add a legit, athletic spy at Mike like he'll see every other week in the SEC, and his legs are largely negated.

All the more reasons to NOT lock onto 1st read and telegraph.

This was great to see because there were several reports about drops during fall practice. Hope it continues.

There were a lot of drops in camp, but the way it was blown out of proportion by some fans (especially at the scrimmages) was silly... like Bama had a bunch of dick fingered bums running around the field.

Some observations:

I'd grade him an A-.

Not a good take.

Dude, you KNOW defenses will start learning his tendency and bracket his primary read.

Then add a legit, athletic spy at Mike like he'll see every other week in the SEC, and his legs are largely negated.

All the more reasons to NOT lock onto 1st read and telegraph.

Not a good take? He's going to continue to grow. You're acting like I'm saying that'll be status quo for his entire career. It won't be his MO as he continues to gain experience, watch film, and get coached up. But right now, he can win that way. He's too athletic and they can't scheme for him yet.

Back
Top Bottom