| FTBL Say! Good thing About Tennessee

Tennessee is the living embodiment of the phrase "snitches get stitches."

I don't support or condone what Logan Young did, but upon hearing of what was going on, Tennessee could have easily made a phone call to Alabama's AD and say, "Hey assholes, I know we are rivals, but we just thought you should know that one of your boosters has gone rouge and is handing out $100 handshakes. Stop it, or we'll call the NCAA."

Those assholes could've easily handled that on a school to school level, but Fat Ass Phil saw an opportunity to nuke his biggest rival and went all in. And I'll give the donut muncher this, he came pretty damn close. But in the long run we survived, and Tennessee hasn't been competetive since George Bush was president. Karma is a bitch UT, and while I like Jeremy Pruitt, I find it funny that like UGA, UT tries to be competetive by simply scabbing as many CNS assistants as they can.

Tennessee is the living embodiment of the phrase "snitches get stitches."

I don't support or condone what Logan Young did, but upon hearing of what was going on, Tennessee could have easily made a phone call to Alabama's AD and say, "Hey assholes, I know we are rivals, but we just thought you should know that one of your boosters has gone rouge and is handing out $100 handshakes. Stop it, or we'll call the NCAA."

Those assholes could've easily handled that on a school to school level, but Fat Ass Phil saw an opportunity to nuke his biggest rival and went all in. And I'll give the donut muncher this, he came pretty damn close. But in the long run we survived, and Tennessee hasn't been competetive since George Bush was president. Karma is a bitch UT, and while I like Jeremy Pruitt, I find it funny that like UGA, UT tries to be competetive by simply scabbing as many CNS assistants as they can.

That whole situation is what I'd love to see a 30 for 30 style documentary on. Problem is, a couple of the major players are dead (Logan Young, Roy Adams) and Fulmer and Roy Kramer would never discuss it with an honest tongue. Truth is, while UA was in the wrong (and deserved some punishment), UT was busy at the same time leaving bundles of cash under hotel room pillows. Kramer and Fulmer worked together to lay the trap for Alabama (by Kramer warning the SEC schools about Albert Means, except for Bama). But, in the end, it all worked out wonderfully. Fulmer telling Santonio Beard on his recruiting visit to UT that, "Alabama would be out of business..." left an albatross on him that he will never remove. Alabama is beating them year after year and mixing in some national titles for good measure, while they flounder in mediocrity and ironically enough, pay Nick Saban's special assistant millions (for a few more months anyway). As @TideatMileHigh said, the entire episode is a lesson in karma.

Cozy Corner in Memphis has awesome hot ribs IMO. Flight in Memphis also does unbelievably good wild game fusion dishes. Westys makes a good rueben Miss Girlie Soul food off Chelsea does greens with smoked turkey wings that will make you slap your granny. Sorry just got thinking about the food in Memphis. I worked up there for a year and still go up there for work at least twice a month and I do love Memphis food

Cozy Corner in Memphis has awesome hot ribs IMO. Flight in Memphis also does unbelievably good wild game fusion dishes. Westys makes a good rueben Miss Girlie Soul food off Chelsea does greens with smoked turkey wings that will make you slap your granny. Sorry just got thinking about the food in Memphis. I worked up there for a year and still go up there for work at least twice a month and I do love Memphis food

Westy's is a good place to eat as well. I have eaten there 5-6 times when I staying nearby.

That whole situation is what I'd love to see a 30 for 30 style documentary on. Problem is, many of the major players are dead (Logan Young, Roy Kramer, Roy Adams) and Fulmer would never discuss it with an honest tongue. Truth is, while UA was in the wrong (and deserved some punishment), UT was busy at the same time leaving bundles of cash under hotel room pillows. Kramer and Fulmer worked together to lay the trap for Alabama (by Kramer warning the SEC schools about Albert Means, except for Bama). But, in the end, it all worked out wonderfully. Fulmer telling Santonio Beard on his recruiting visit to UT that, "Alabama would be out of business..." left an albatross on him that he will never remove. Alabama is beating them year after year and mixing in some national titles for good measure, while they flounder in mediocrity and ironically enough, pay Nick Saban's special assistant millions (for a few more months anyway). As @TideatMileHigh said, the entire episode is a lesson in karma.

our house was dirty...yep
But....Kramer...who was a hugh TN booster.... did us in... he had a box at UT games
There was nothing.... right about the way he operated....
Change in schedules....selecting officials for games....not notifying bama of detected wrong doings.......

Its not TN the state...its the lowclass pukes at the University athletic program

There is a man who lives in Tennessee who goes by Lazarus Lake. His real name Gary Cantrell. I have no clue why he goes by Laz. He is a race director of some of the hardest most grueling ultra marathons in the world. Some of them are:

1. The Vol State. Running from the Missouri to the Ga state line. It takes several days and the runners check into hotel rooms bath and nap for a couple of hours and then get back on the road.

2. The Big Dog Back Yard Ultra. it's a 4.167 mile loop. The runners have one hour to complete the loop and be back on the starting line to run again. If you finish in 55 minutes, you then have 5 minutes to eat, pee, change shoes and socks, what ever, before starting the next loop. The last runner to complete a loop wins. There is no second place. All others are considered DNF's ( did Not Finish)
Courtney Dauwalter won this past weekends event by running 68 loops (yes she ran for 68 hours) and 283.36 miles. The last person to drop, headed out with her, but was forced to turn around because his hallucinations were so bad.

3. The Barkley Marathons. In Frozen Head State Park. James Earl Ray escaped Brushy Mountain State Pen. In two days he traveled only 8 miles. He was then captured, but most people familiar with his ordeal say he was rescued, beaten and battered by the terrain and freezing. When Laz saw the news report, he laughed and said, "Hell, I could go 100 miles in that time. The race is off trail, you must use a map (given to you less than an hour before race time) and compass. No GPS watches are allowed. So many crazy things about this race, watch one of the videos on it. You can google:
Where Dreams Go To Die" and "The Race That Eats Its Young."

These don't seem like "good things" about Tennessee, but Laz is world renowned. People travel from all over the globe (except during Covid travel restrictions) to compete in his races. Laz loves to create events to push people beyond their self imposed limitations, and prove that that the human body can endure much more than our mind thinks that it can.

Back
Top Bottom