| FTBL Say! Good thing About Tennessee

That's what I was thinking. The state is almost three states in one, maybe four. Climate, altitude, etc. differ so much from one side to the other. You'd think Chattanooga and Memphis were in two different countries if you didn't know better.
Yes, Sir...the Three Stars in the State flag represent the 'Three States of Tennessee'. I learned this while living, and working at the Nashville Airport on three different occasions, and twice at the Memphis Airport. I was able to experience the horror of watching Bama lose to Memphis State in '87. And all of my non Bama friends at the Airport made sure to remind me of it, for YEARS! Nashville area is beautiful, but way too crowded for me. Memphis is way too crowded, and not too beautiful. That's the best I can come up with.
ROLL TIDE!

That's what I was thinking. The state is almost three states in one, maybe four. Climate, altitude, etc. differ so much from one side to the other. You'd think Chattanooga and Memphis were in two different countries if you didn't know better.

i think.....Tennessee.....is definitely 3 states in one.... east and west....no similarities... even 2 stupid time zones....breaks in near mid state....central starts on top of plateau ....instead of boundary between tn n nc

Yes, Sir...the Three Stars in the State flag represent the 'Three States of Tennessee'. I learned this while living, and working at the Nashville Airport on three different occasions, and twice at the Memphis Airport. I was able to experience the horror of watching Bama lose to Memphis State in '87. And all of my non Bama friends at the Airport made sure to remind me of it, for YEARS! Nashville area is beautiful, but way too crowded for me. Memphis is way too crowded, and not too beautiful. That's the best I can come up with.
ROLL TIDE!
I was living in Memphis at that time...paid $5 to park in media parking that day. It was the only bright spot (well, Margarita's at Molly's in midtown was always a good memory.)

I did not know that about the three stars! Nice!

Back
Top Bottom