| FTBL Saban Retiring???

If the next coach pulls a Ray Perkins and says Bama fans will need to get used to 9-3 kind of seasons....holy fuck there will be a riot. Perkins should have been fired for saying that. Fuck Ray Perkins

Last edited:
I’ve heard a rumor from multiple sources (I EMPHASIZE RUMOR) that Miss Terry has some health issues and Nick is stepping away to be by her side.

In response to other comments:
  • Kirby has everything he wants/needs at UGA. He’s not far behind CNS in compensation and doesn’t really gain anything by moving.
  • Sark has been building what he needs. TX has the resources to pay him whatever he wants.
  • Lanning is an interesting option. I’m sure Alabama could find $20 million to pay the buyout, but those payments don’t usually work out.
  • Dabo gets mentioned because of his Alabama roots. How often has the Alabama pedigree worked for Alabama (Perkins, DuBose, Shula)? Dabo sucked this past year. He gets paid a fortune now. Is there enough incentive to make a move? Is he worth, and would you really pay him, more than Saban currently makes?
And only other coach that is realistic......that has 2 national championships...

Saban already bought a mansion in Florida and changed his permanent residence a while back.. and supposedly built a large dealership..He was gone months ago… just wish he would’ve been more straight about things..

I would have made 3 phone calls last night: Sark, Kiffin and Lanning in no particular order. CNS resurrected 2 of the 3 coaches careers and maybe, just maybe they feel an obligation to come back to T'town bc they know they would have full administrative support, fan support and can recruit the nations best. UTw is the richest program in the country so it would be difficult for Sark to leave but he just may. LK would have all the tools in the woodshed that he needs to compete for national championships. What he has done at Ole Miss and his few seasons in southern Florida is incredible! We all know he would put points on the board and play and exciting brand of football. Lanning was a top assistant at UGA and has done a very good job at Oregon. I would think he would want to get back in the southeast but the Nike backing is strong.

Hopefully, the university moves quick enough to keep kids from hitting the portal. On the flip side, we do not need to move to quickly and make the wrong hire. Some of us are old enough to remember the hires after Coach Bryant and many were not good ones. Bama fans suffered a long time with less than stellar seasons, not counting 92 and a one here and there.

TY to CNS and Mrs. Terry for 17 years of wonderful memories! Bama Nation wishes yall nothing but the very best as you close one chapter in the book of life and open another. May you enjoy those grandkids and tijme away from the daily grind of coaching.

Ok. Wasnt doubting u. Just don't remember. I have all the newspapers from back then.
Go see some stuff Perk said. He was an idiot i know. Obnoxious as hell.
Perkins had a paranoia about "living in The Bear's shadow" and that drove a lot of the dribble that came out of his mouth. Of course, it was coming at some point anyway, but he pretty much kowtowed to Dye on moving the Iron Bowl to a home and home.

I would have made 3 phone calls last night: Sark, Kiffin and Lanning in no particular order. CNS resurrected 2 of the 3 coaches careers and maybe, just maybe they feel an obligation to come back to T'town bc they know they would have full administrative support, fan support and can recruit the nations best. UTw is the richest program in the country so it would be difficult for Sark to leave but he just may. LK would have all the tools in the woodshed that he needs to compete for national championships. What he has done at Ole Miss and his few seasons in southern Florida is incredible! We all know he would put points on the board and play and exciting brand of football. Lanning was a top assistant at UGA and has done a very good job at Oregon. I would think he would want to get back in the southeast but the Nike backing is strong.

Hopefully, the university moves quick enough to keep kids from hitting the portal. On the flip side, we do not need to move to quickly and make the wrong hire. Some of us are old enough to remember the hires after Coach Bryant and many were not good ones. Bama fans suffered a long time with less than stellar seasons, not counting 92 and a one here and there.

TY to CNS and Mrs. Terry for 17 years of wonderful memories! Bama Nation wishes yall nothing but the very best as you close one chapter in the book of life and open another. May you enjoy those grandkids and tijme away from the daily grind of coaching.

Yep. Except i would have had those phones ringing last week...
They probably all have same agent...so it takes one call...thats all

Back
Top Bottom