| FTBL Saban Retiring???

I've been off the board for 36 hours, busy with life stuff, and all hell breaks loose. Nice!

We were lucky to be along for the ride of the greatest run in the history of college football... I hope that is something every true Alabama fan will remember. Saban came to Bama when he didn't have to. He stayed at Bama when he didn't have to. He took Bama to heights unseen even in the Bryant years. We owe him everything, even though he never used the word "I" or "Me" when speaking about Alabama... it was always "We". God Bless Nick Saban, Miss Terry, and their family. They deserve this time now to enjoy retirement and enjoy their growing family. He left us much better than he found us. Roll Tide, Coach!

I've been off the board for 36 hours, busy with life stuff, and all hell breaks loose. Nice!

We were lucky to be along for the ride of the greatest run in the history of college football... I hope that is something every true Alabama fan will remember. Saban came to Bama when he didn't have to. He stayed at Bama when he didn't have to. He took Bama to heights unseen even in the Bryant years. We owe him everything, even though he never used the word "I" or "Me" when speaking about Alabama... it was always "We". God Bless Nick Saban, Miss Terry, and their family. They deserve this time now to enjoy retirement and enjoy their growing family. He left us much better than he found us. Roll Tide, Coach!
AMEN!!!!

I’ve heard a rumor from multiple sources (I EMPHASIZE RUMOR) that Miss Terry has some health issues and Nick is stepping away to be by her side.

In response to other comments:
  • Kirby has everything he wants/needs at UGA. He’s not far behind CNS in compensation and doesn’t really gain anything by moving.
  • Sark has been building what he needs. TX has the resources to pay him whatever he wants.
  • Lanning is an interesting option. I’m sure Alabama could find $20 million to pay the buyout, but those payments don’t usually work out.
  • Dabo gets mentioned because of his Alabama roots. How often has the Alabama pedigree worked for Alabama (Perkins, DuBose, Shula)? Dabo sucked this past year. He gets paid a fortune now. Is there enough incentive to make a move? Is he worth, and would you really pay him, more than Saban currently makes?

Back
Top Bottom